Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Hard to see them playing 28 songs. I'd say 23/24 would be more likely.

They played 26 songs on the last tour....

Anyways, don't care what they play, so long as they play Electric Co.

Actually sitting outside their place on Grand Canal Docks right now...Beautiful weather today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Nope, still waiting on that also. Might contact them next week about it.

Just got mine yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

robo wrote: »
    Just got mine yesterday

Were they the collector tickets? Really wish mine would come

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Collector tickets arrived this morning !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Mine arrived yesterday. Waiting on one other order.

• Advertisement

My collector tickets arrived today. Listening to u2 live circa 1983 at the mo - good time to revisit the classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

My collector tickets arrived today, Would anyone know why pitch 1 has a row and seat number?
    I was trying to work it out, maybe they have a virtual seat plan to decide the amount of tickets to be sold for the pitch?
    Did anyone with pitch 2 get their tickets and did they also have a row and seat number?

My collector tickets arrived today, Would anyone know why pitch 1 has a row and seat number?
    I was trying to work it out, maybe they have a virtual seat plan to decide the amount of tickets to be sold for the pitch?
    Did anyone with pitch 2 get there tickets and did they also have a row and seat number?

Completely disregard the "seat number". It's internal for ticketmaster. Same on my pitch 2s.

Just looking at my collector tickets here and there is no way to attach the tickets to the supplied lanyard , ie there's no hole in the ticket to clip the lanyard onto.... anyone else's like this ?

cathalj wrote: »
    Just looking at my collector tickets here and there is no way to attach the tickets to the supplied lanyard , ie there's no hole in the ticket to clip the lanyard onto.... anyone else's like this ?

Maybe its there but needs popping out? dead centre a couple of mm in from the top.
    If not, they could be unique?

• Advertisement

Maybe its there but needs popping out? dead centre a couple of mm in from the top. If not, they could be unique?

Nope , definitely not there !

Well I wouldn't be defacing them unless I knew there was a batch of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you might have yourself a collectors item there ;)

Seve OB wrote:
    you might have yourself a collectors item there

Just as long as they get me in !!

Anyone hear the latest release of Red Hill Mining Town?

Veloce wrote: »
    Anyone hear the latest release of Red Hill Mining Town?

sounds v good

Its not as good as the original. I read on twitter that even back in the original JT tour in '87 Bono had difficulty hitting the notes. So if it were to be included in the 2017 JT tour then it'd have to be remixed so they can play to a satisfactory level..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'd prefer the original too ,although the lyrics on it are a bit muffled.
    Lyrics are clearer on this new one ,although Bono's voice sounds very tinny as does the song in general ,lacking bass.
    The latter half of the song is very demanding on the voice ,I think Bono will struggle alot .

Absolutely love this song though, its a rarely played classic much like Ultraviolet was until the 360 tour.
    I can't wait to hear it live !

Great video this of Bono's vocal powers on the Zoo Tv tour ,Ultraviolet and With or Without You

Absolutely love this song though, its a rarely played classic much like Ultraviolet was until the 360 tour.
    I can't wait to hear it live !

Was Ultraviolet not pretty much a staple on the Zoo tours? I actually was playing that over the last few days, such a cool tune. Sometimes I feel like, I don't know...........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Was Ultraviolet not pretty much a staple on the Zoo tours? I actually was playing that over the last few days, such a cool tune. Sometimes I feel like, I don't know...........

Yes it was a regular of the Zoo Tv tour but left out of the next 3 tours ,it resurfaced in 2009 for the 360 tour.
    Its unique in that it has only ever been played in concert as part of an encore, usually preceding "With or Without You".

Very cool tune .
    The 2009 version was pretty good too, Bonos jacket with all the lights was cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got an email saying gates will open at 5pm on the 22nd July

I wonder are we getting a longer set or another support band ??

When is the new full version of Red Hill Mining Town going to be released ??? I like the new version

PTH2009 wrote: »

When is the new full version of Red Hill Mining Town going to be released ??? I like the new version

I just got the same on a text. What was original time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seve OB wrote: »
    I just got the same on a text. What was original time?

6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

PTH2009 wrote: »

It being Croke Park it probably means an earlier finishing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It being Croke Park it probably means an earlier finishing time.

Nah, will probably be

Doors 5pm

Noel Gallagher 6:30 - 7:30

U2 20:00 - 22:30 (Venue Curfew)

Gallagher may even only get a 45min set, finishing at 7:15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Sorry if it's been mentioned already. But did anyone get the "special gift" that anyone that signed up to membership was meant to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been mentioned already. But did anyone get the "special gift" that anyone that signed up to membership was meant to get?

No, not a dickie bird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »

I got my roll of poster print thingies if that's what you mean, d'other lad in the office in work who signed up about the same time (little while before the presale (yes, we're durty burd scroungers who have no shame)) has yet to receive a wet fart.

I got my roll of poster print thingies if that's what you mean, d'other lad in the office in work who signed up about the same time (little while before the presale (yes, we're durty burd scroungers who have no shame)) has yet to receive a wet fart.

Did anyone receive their "free gifts" yet?? I can see they are advertising again but this is April & I have not received anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Nothing here yet

Advertisement