Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive their "free gifts" yet?? I can see they are advertising again but this is April & I have not received anything yet.

Are you referring to the gift when you take out membership to U2 dot com? The delivery of those can take forever, upto 6 months I have waited previously, They have always been very slow with that aspect of the deal ( in the last 6/7 years in my experience). Having said that, I have never signed up via ticketmaster (though that really shouldn't affect the delivery of the "gift" that cost us $50).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Veloce wrote: »
    Anyone hear the latest release of Red Hill Mining Town?

Full version is out now ,better than I expected

It's mostly 1987 Bono all around except for the verses.

https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=7sLKGnapgIw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

well did anyone get one?

Seve OB wrote: »
    well did anyone get one?

No ,but its on Spotify to listen to .
    I really like it ,cant stop listening to it for the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Full version is out now ,better than I expected

It's mostly 1987 Bono all around except for the verses.

https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=7sLKGnapgIw

It's a new vocal recorded by Bono except the chorus, which is from the original 1986/7 take.

His voice sounds in amazing condition, the best he's been in years!

This tour will be something special,
    Here's hoping for Songs of Experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 weeks to go til the opening show of the tour

I'd take it the set list that night will be an indication of what we may get in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2 weeks to go til the opening show of the tour

I'd take it the set list that night will be an indication of what we may get in Dublin

Did you see the thing on U2.com about wanting to get fans to sing Ordinary Love? I'm fairly shocked that they are considering even playing this song on what is going to be pretty much a greatest hits tour. So many better alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Sounds like a stupid idea and turning this thing into karaoke night shouldn't be what a U2 concert is :(

Ordinary Love isn't even a decent song and I doubt half the people attending will even of heard it before.

Sounds like a stupid idea and turning this thing into karaoke night shouldn't be what a U2 concert is :(

Ordinary Love isn't even a decent song and I doubt half the people attending will even of heard it before.

yeah its an ok song but theres better than it

With these shows having a show director (Willie Williams) i imagine we will get a theatrical show such as the I&E tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

On one hand I'm quite curious what the opening tour will be like but on the other I don't want to end up going to Croker in July and knowing exactly what song will be played next etc... it was like that with the I+E tour!

I might have to crawl into a cave for the next 3 months.

• Advertisement

Yeah I+E concert in 3 arena was very scripted, too much so. Parts of it was like watching a school play where they all walked to their spots on the stages and did their thing. Hoping Croke Park will have less of that.
    Big screens is all fine but less of the scripted show.

With these shows having a show director (Willie Williams) i imagine we will get a theatrical show such as the I&E tour

Has that guy not been the show director on all U2 tours? Think I read he has, so he has done the good ones like Zoo TV as well.

Has that guy not been the show director on all U2 tours? Think I read he has, so he has done the good ones like Zoo TV as well.

he has been with the band so long he remembers their conceptions!!!! :D

No ,but its on Spotify to listen to .
    I really like it ,cant stop listening to it for the last week.

Picked it up myself, couldn't resist. It was hard to find, most places sold out, but managed to find one tucked away in a corner;) Aparently only a few thousand have been printed.

33431126073_4aac2f70e4_b.jpg

Mind you mine will probably stay sealed in the wrapper along with all the other Vinyl I have collected from them. What's an original print of Achtung Baby worth nowadays? Still sealed and never ever opened!

It's a new vocal recorded by Bono except the chorus, which is from the original 1986/7 take.

His voice sounds in amazing condition, the best he's been in years!

Reportedly there is heavy use of Autotune on the song ,might explain why it sounds so good.
    Picked it up myself, couldn't resist. It was hard to find, most places sold out, but managed to find one tucked away in a corner Aparently only a few thousand have been printed.

Nice one !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Picked it up myself, couldn't resist. It was hard to find, most places sold out, but managed to find one tucked away in a corner;) Aparently only a few thousand have been printed.

33431126073_4aac2f70e4_b.jpg

Mind you mine will probably stay sealed in the wrapper along with all the other Vinyl I have collected from them. What's an original print of Achtung Baby worth nowadays? Still sealed and never ever opened!

Did you get that in Spindizzy Records?

Ticketmaster UK have started dispatching standing and seating tickets for the London gigs this week ,so there will be no sweating on whether they will arrive on time in the post.
    E tickets are available to print now too.

Did you get that in Spindizzy Records?

Yea, they still had a few. Got more than their fair share by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Yea, they still had a few. Got more than their fair share by the sounds of it.

Spindizzy is a great shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭gammy_knees

Get online now. There are tickets available on ticketmaster, not fooling!!

• Advertisement

I just got one for Upper Cusack at €43. Only searched for a single ticket. Not great but I'm in. Happy days.

€110 tickets available section 729. Seems you can only get a single ticket here.

Just been thinking how cool it would be if the Dalton Brothers opened up the show

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Anyone interested in a ticket swap for London twickenham gigs ?
    I have a single Saturday 8th standing ticket
    Looking to swap for a
    Single standing ticket for Sunday 9th
    Ticket is in hand and can be swapped in Dublin preferably before hand and face to face ..
    Free swap no cash/money
    Please pm

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-singles-vinyl-collection-1987--2017

Not a bad gift

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-irish-have-landed

The set is being constructed and band are rehearsing there. Opening show takes place on Friday 12th May in Vancouver (early morning Sat 13th May for us)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-singles-vinyl-collection-1987--2017

Not a bad gift

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-irish-have-landed

The set is being constructed and band are rehearsing there. Opening show takes place on Friday 12th May in Vancouver (early morning Sat 13th May for us)

Absolutely chuffed with this. One thing to note from the subscriber email; you have to redeem them, they're not automatically sent out:

If you chose to receive the 2017 gift when you subscribed or renewed your subscription there are now three simple steps to take.

1. Visit the PROFILE page and confirm or update your physical mailing address.

2. Click the REDEEM button, which will open a new tab, showing your order in the Shop.

3. Click PROCESS ORDER… and you’re done. (You’ll be sent a confirmation email and The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017 will be on its way to you this Autumn.)

tis a class looking gift this time around
    just tried to renew my sub, not up till August.
    using the code I got from ticketmaster. it is still trying to charge me. anyone else have similar issues redeeming the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

it is still trying to charge me. anyone else have similar issues redeeming the code?

Not here, clicked redeem button and it popped up with the cost and then the code value setting the cost to $0.00.

Not here, clicked redeem button and it popped up with the cost and then the code value setting the cost to $0.00.

i'm not trying to redeem
    I am talking about using the ticketmaster code to renew my subscription, I never did that when I got the code
    It seems to accept it, has a note saying free, but then tries to charge me $40

• Advertisement

my sub is no up until September 2017 so not sure will i renew if there not touring in 2018 as the main purpose for the sub for me is ticket pre sales

SOE might not come out til late 2018 and tour starts in 2019

Advertisement