Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

The hotels are on the ball anyway, Maldron hotel, Parnell Sq for the Saturday €254.

With the amount of people who travel from abroad to see u2 in Dublin I'm sure they know they can get away with those prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Seve OB wrote: »
    & Bullet & Stand Still to top off the mega hits that everybody probably knows.

OF course the other stuff is equally as awesome

Would love to hear Trip through your Wires and Redhill Mining town on this tour, fantastic songs. One of my all time favourites is In God's Country but it is a very difficult song to play live.

Veloce wrote: »
    Would love to hear Trip through your Wires and Redhill Mining town on this tour, fantastic songs. One of my all time favourites is In God's Country but it is a very difficult song to play live.

They said they're playing every song from Joshua Tree :)

They said they're playing every song from Joshua Tree :)

Really? I hope they play the album start to finish for all concerts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

SteM wrote: »
    By 'band waggoners' I assume you mean the people that have no interest in paying €50pa for access to a website and a 'gift' in the hope that the band will announce a tour that year?

I mean the people who only sign up to get tickets in the pre-sale
    For the 360 tours I distinctly remember there were 3 tiers of member pre-sales. Tickets are expensive enough though that I can't justify adding on more to join for the pre sale. Will just have to hedge my bets in the public sale!

With respect, it's comments like that which would lead me to throw you into the "bandwaggoners" category. I appreciate you are not going to sign up but many will or have done. You must realise though, when signing up, you are not signing up to the pre-sale. You are singing up to be a member of the official fan club. For your money, you get a gift, access to lots and lots of exclusive content on the website, discounts on merchandise & limited items. Pre-Sale access is a perq of being a member. It is actually good value for money and should not be considered as an extra on top of ticket price.

• Advertisement

I mean the people who only sign up to get tickets in the pre-sale

With respect, it's comments like that which would lead me to throw you into the "bandwaggoners" category. I appreciate you are not going to sign up but many will or have done. You must realise though, when signing up, you are not signing up to the pre-sale. You are singing up to be a member of the official fan club. For your money, you get a gift, access to lots and lots of exclusive content on the website, discounts on merchandise & limited items. Pre-Sale access is a perq of being a member. It is actually good value for money and should not be considered as an extra on top of ticket price.

Lol, I know, I signed up for it during the 360 tour. Didn't think much of the website at that time, wasn't worth renewing for. I don't buy lots of merchandise from bands so don't need discounts or gifts.

Really? I hope they play the album start to finish for all concerts :D

The Edge did an interview in Rolling Stone which is out today in which he said they're planning on playing the whole album start to finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

If you show your ticket stub from 30 years ago, do you get preferential treatment :D

A reward for having to put up with Lou Reed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

shar01 wrote: »
    If you show your ticket stub from 30 years ago, do you get preferential treatment :D

That's weird. I remember Hothouse Flowers, Christy Moore and The Pretenders vividly from that day but I never remembered seeing Lou Reed. Just checked the line-up and he played but I don't remember one minute of his set! Must've blocked it out.

That's weird. I remember Hothouse Flowers, Christy Moore and The Pretenders vividly from that day but I never remembered seeing Lou Reed. Just checked the line-up and he played but I don't remember one minute of his set! Must've blocked it out.

I remember Light a Big Fire, The Pogues and the Dubliners - this was Saturday night. I'm sorry I didn't get tickets for the Sunday - Pretenders and In Tua Nua.

• Advertisement

I remember Light a Big Fire, The Pogues and the Dubliners - this was Saturday night. I'm sorry I didn't get tickets for the Sunday - Pretenders and In Tua Nua.

Very cool. I was 1 and a half years old when those gigs were on :D:D

My brother was at them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Boo-urns!

1987 was my first ever gig, and I loved Lou - turned me on to the Velvet Underground, definitely one of the greatest artists of all time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

I remember I got a ticket for the Sunday show at 10am mass that morning. I'd asked my parents over and over if I could go but they kept saying no because I was only 13 at the time, although I had been to indoor shows in the RDS before that. I went to mass with my mum that morning and a friend of a friend was selling a comp ticket for £5. My mum relented, I bought it and got the bus straight in. I only came across the ticket stub buried in lots of crap in the attic when I was digging out the christmas decorations a few weeks ago.

Very cool. I was 1 and a half years old when those gigs were on :D:D

My brother was at them though.

If I didn't feel old on New Years Eve watching the young ones in the pub, I do now <sobs gently over keyboard>

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Boo-urns!

1987 was my first ever gig, and I loved Lou - turned me on to the Velvet Underground, definitely one of the greatest artists of all time :)

At the time I wasn't aware of his greatness (I only knew two songs). Fceker kept changing his guitar and each time I thought he was finished.

I remember I got a ticket for the Sunday show at 10am mass that morning. I'd asked my parents over and over if I could go but they kept saying no because I was only 13 at the time, although I had been to indoor shows in the RDS before that. I went to mass with my mum that morning and a friend of a friend was selling a comp ticket for £5. My mum relented, I bought it and got the bus straight in. I only came across the ticket stub buried in lots of crap in the attic when I was digging out the christmas decorations a few weeks ago.

That's deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

To get an idea of the Dublin ticket prices ,here are the Amsterdam and Barcelona price categories

They are using the same pricing system as on the last indoor tour.
    The standing tickets are too cheap ,as well as the cheapest seats ,whilst the top level of seats are far too expensive .

2a5a8d30d7c21d7c83626c3ec65f4a75.jpg

C1uVt-nVIAEFp0r.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

€70! nice one! was expecting more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Looking at the prices of Dublin hotels for that night, I think a trip to Amsterdam to see them would be better value!

@MisterAnarchy

What website is selling the Amsterdam tickets?

• Advertisement

€77 is not to cheap. It is a fair price IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TBH the only reason I joined the Fan club was too get pre sale tickets for the Dublin I&E shows in September 2015 and I got the north side story book as a gift. I use the forums there. I renewed last September as I had money to spare but didn't expect a tour to be announced

The fourms were really quite on there for the last few weeks even with all the rumours of the new tour. @u2 fourm is much better

Looks like I'm going solo for the Croke Park show so getting 1 ticket might make my job a bit easier Weds or next Monday

If I didn't feel old on New Years Eve watching the young ones in the pub, I do now <sobs gently over keyboard>

I wasn't even born for the 1987 gigs :P

€77 is not to cheap. It is a fair price IMO

77 euro for a standing ticket ,where you can get up close to the band is too cheap if you are charging 180-190 euro for most of the lower level seats .

Standing tickets are the best tickets so the fact that they are less than 40% of the cost of the top priced seats is deeply flawed.

77 euro for a standing ticket ,where you can get up close to the band is too cheap if you are charging 180-190 euro for most of the lower level seats .

Standing tickets are the best tickets so the fact that they are less than 40% of the cost of the top priced seats is deeply flawed.

while I agree with you that standing is best, a lot of people prefer the space and comfort that the seating option gives, so it is subjective.

€180+ is ridiculous. I feel that most tickets should be priced between the €70-€100 mark, be they seating or standing. Fair enough, pay extra for extra VIP privledges if you have it, but Joe blogs shouldn't be paying more than about €100 for any ticket. Fact is they so sell, so they price remains. I went to 3 IE shows buying 5 tickets myself so am quite relieved to hopefully end up getting them a bit cheaper this time :P

Unfortunately prices falls in line with demand. If you are a big band like U2, demand gets high, so you can charge more. If the expensive tickets didn't sell, then they would lower them.

It's no different to anything really. Price reflects demand, so what yo have to do as an artist is create a demand and then the price will set itself, and you will be roiling in it :D

I don't begrudge them at all, their prices are high, but they are priced in line with other artists and they sell out, so fair focks to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

There seems to some differentiation between the groups on U2.com.Depending on which group you are in you stand a better chance of getting a ticket in the presale.
    I assume the longer you have been registered the better chance you have of getting a ticket (or tickets).
    I'm in the Wires group (I only registered this morning).

@MisterAnarchy

What website is selling the Amsterdam tickets?

Ticketmaster.nl

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody on here going to try and get tickets for any of the other European or US shows? Considering it myself...

Presume I just log on to that countries equivient of ticketmaster or whatever on the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Anybody on here going to try and get tickets for any of the other European or US shows? Considering it myself...

Presume I just log on to that countries equivient of ticketmaster or whatever on the morning?

Yes that's how to do it. I have never had a problem getting tickets on US or European Ticketmaster sites. I would highly recommend seeing them in other countries

• Advertisement

lazer.blue wrote: »
    Yes that's how to do it. I have never had a problem getting tickets on US or European Ticketmaster sites. I would highly recommend seeing them in other countries

+1

I saw them in Brussels for the 360 tour and it was fantastic!

Would like to see them in Amsterdam this time round. Already seen them in London.

Advertisement