Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Night 1 in the bag so! Exit sounded incredible bar Bono losing the run of himself and been a bit wobbly at times.

Screen looks insanely vivid and clear too!

Last 5 songs are a bit Meh. As good as the new song sounds, I hate them not ending with a classic. Go out with a bang!

There was massive delays at the turnstiles so perhaps they started late and had to cut some stuff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

591692c268264_ScreenShot2017-05-13at05_57_32.png.d9e4f1971f3011368696e747390fba16.png

stage looks amazing. Only worry i have is that we wont see 100% the effects of the screen in Dublin as it will still be bright for almost 90% of the show ???
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Year's Day
    A Sort of Homecoming
    MLK
    Pride (In the Name of Love)
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With or Without You
    Bullet the Blue Sky
    Running to Stand Still
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In God's Country
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers of the Disappeared
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    One
    Miss Sarajevo
    The Little Things That You Give Away

Bit short for my liking and a few songs are missing such as
    IWF ,Desire and Vertigo
    but its a very good setlist. Not too mad about the new song but its a grower. That suck ups on u2.com think the new song is the greatest thing since sliced bread

If they are gonna play that song last every night, I hope they at least reveal a studio version.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There was massive delays at the turnstiles so perhaps they started late and had to cut some stuff out.

Complete carnage by all accounts.
    People with standing tickets had only one gate to enter the stadium while guests with seated tickets had only four gates.
    One gate for standing ,and it was credit card entry so your card would have to be swiped slowing things down , what a farce.

New screen looks very impressive.
    Red Hill Mining Town live is a train wreck though ,way too slow ,no guitar ,they murdered it last night.

Red Hill Mining Town live is a train wreck though ,way too slow ,no guitar ,they murdered it last night.

Pity, it's prob a good studio song that doesn't translate too well to a live setting

I'm in section 333 row Q for the Croke Park show so hopefully I have a full view of the stage as its very wide and you prob have too be back a bit to see the full effect

Some of the merch looks quite good from the pics I saw

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pity, it's prob a good studio song that doesn't translate too well to a live setting

Its Bono's voice,he cant sing the studio version live as his voice is nowhere near what it was .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Prob the days before fan club pre-sales and stuff. These days The fan club would have to get dibs on tickets first before any public dale

No there was pre sale stuff for the fan club going back to the Zoo TV tour.

Have to say I don't remember the second Slane announcement and sale. Remember the show alright. Didn't Bob kick the bucket that week? It was it previous week? There was a rumour that it might get pushed if I recall but they ran with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Complete carnage by all accounts.
    People with standing tickets had only one gate to enter the stadium while guests with seated tickets had only four gates.
    One gate for standing ,and it was credit card entry so your card would have to be swiped slowing things down , what a farce.

Made a bags of One Tree Hill also.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Made a bags of One Tree Hill also.

Hopefully as he keeps on performing the songs his voice will start on improving.

Got to remember it's years since they done some of these songs live (think this was the first time red hill was played live ???) and we're only 1 show into the tour. Obv Bono's voice is not as good as the 80's when he recorded the JT songs

Hopefully as he keeps on performing the songs his voice will start on improving.

Got to remember it's years since they done some of these songs live (think this was the first time red hill was played live ???) and we're only 1 show into the tour. Obv Bono's voice is not as good as the 80's when he recorded the JT songs

I'm with you.

• Advertisement

Opening nights are notoriously rough, this seemed quite solid in fairness! With some tweaks Croke Park could be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I have seen some of the footage from Vancouver. I don't think this gig will be at all as good as the last tour. Innocence & experience.

Opening nights are notoriously rough, this seemed quite solid in fairness! With some tweaks Croke Park could be epic

Just noticed Croke Park is actually 10 weeks away tonight

I'd say we might get a live DVD of a show on this tour in time for Xmas. Love if it was Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

finbarrk wrote: »
    I have seen some of the footage from Vancouver. I don't think this gig will be at all as good as the last tour. Innocence & experience.

It's a completely different type of show. I wouldn't judge anything based on the first night. Popmart was a train wreck in Vegas first night, 360 didn't go down well either but they grew into great shows.

JKerova1 wrote: »
    It's a completely different type of show. I wouldn't judge anything based on the first night. Popmart was a train wreck in Vegas first night, 360 didn't go down well either but they grew into great shows.

They did a mad version of Velvet Dress that night in Vegas. Show was all over the place tho, agreed.

Setlist is obviously a wow given the scarecity of loads of it. My problem looking at the videos is how static and pedestrian the "show" looks in comparison to then i+E tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

I think it's a bit early to pass judgement on this tour and will wait until I see it for myself. As far as visuals etc are concerned it's more stripped back compared to I&E Tour ( who remembers the original JT tour stage). Ultimately for me it's about the songs so as long as Bonos voice can hold up/is up to it I'll be happy.

lazer.blue wrote: »
    I think it's a bit early to pass judgement on this tour and will wait until I see it for myself. As far as visuals etc are concerned it's more stripped back compared to I&E Tour ( who remembers the original JT tour stage). Ultimately for me it's about the songs so as long as Bonos voice can hold up/is up to it I'll be happy.

Well he's ducked out of taking *any* risks with it last night. As other people have said the first night of the tour is always a feet-finder. Hopefully they grow into it. I've reservations however. The stage looks enormous for the the lack of activity and general sense of meh from the visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Well he's ducked out of taking *any* risks with it last night. As other people have said the first night of the tour is always a feet-finder. Hopefully they grow into it. I've reservations however. The stage looks enormous for the the lack of activity and general sense of meh from the visuals.

Yes agree about first nights. I was at the first 2 shows of I&E tour in Vancouver and the later shows were better but having said that being at the first night is a bit special. Like I said ultimately it's about the songs for me so me dream is to see a 3 hour show in a venue with a small stage, no props and no more than a couple of thousand people some day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Setlist is obviously a wow given the scarecity of loads of it. My problem looking at the videos is how static and pedestrian the "show" looks in comparison to then i+E tour.
    Yes. Exactly what my opinion is too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Anyone think extra tickets will go on sale nearer the time?

Definitely. I got a friend a standing ticket on ticketmaster the week before the last Dublin gig.

There will be drops of tickets, but they'll be gone in under 5 minutes each time.

I'm less pushed about the "pitch2" tickets now I've seen the stage design/size of b stage. It's enormous.

I'm less pushed about the "pitch2" tickets now I've seen the stage design/size of b stage. It's enormous.

I'm convinced that there is a huge amount of Pitch 2 tickets being held back ,hardly anyone I know was able to buy them in January.
    Hardly anyone on the main U2 forums got them either.

I'm still hoping it will be a traditional pitch, with perhaps separate entrances for the different tickets. The divider idea is bizarre and will be s nightmare for stewards, especially with die hard fans planning on getting up front who may have those tickets completely unbeknownst to themselves.

I'm still hoping it will be a traditional pitch, with perhaps separate entrances for the different tickets. The divider idea is bizarre and will be s nightmare for stewards, especially with die hard fans planning on getting up front who may have those tickets completely unbeknownst to themselves.

I spoke with TM. Unless things have changed, the design is the design. Pitch2 is front of stage.

Much better ending last night with I Will Follow as an extra song.

Other than that, the only change was Bad instead of MLK.

By all accounts it was a much better show already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re: "I'm convinced that there is a huge amount of Pitch 2 tickets being held back ,hardly anyone I know was able to buy them in January.
    Hardly anyone on the main U2 forums got them either
    ."

I got one:)
    However, looking at the footage of the opening night, its clear the show is designed to be watched from a distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I had a upper davin ticket and was gutted. the way the stage is looking im happy to be up there now and enjoy the spectacle

Advertisement