Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

It's also their second tour in under two years, and they are touring an old album, so the demand won't be as great as it would be if there was a wider gap between tours, and if they were touring new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get an electronic copy ticket (pdf) converted to a hardcopy ticket?

some have done it in the past

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056989108

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Some t shirts, etc. available from the tour now on their website. But it's the American venues that are printed on the stuff.
    https://ct1.publicaster.com/ViewInBrowser.aspx?pubids=6017%7c1299%7c9840481%7c987062&digest=0Ug%2bHEbEPK3ZsqhbZ4uyww&sysid=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

a nice HD version of the new song from Kimmel. Seems to be staying!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The Little Things That Give You Away is really growing on me, I was very underwhelmed at first, the sign of a great song!

Hopefully Eamon Dunphy is the best thing about Bono follows in the same vein!

More importantly I managed to get tickets on Ebay for slightly over face, Delighted! Cannot Wait!!!
    Glad I didn't go down the rotten seatwave road!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Yeah I think it was just after 8:45 in '09.

The problem with this is that there'll be daylight for the entire show. I was there in 2005 at Croker and the atmosphere is not as good as if it is dark. Say for example Zooropa in the RDS in 1993 at the end of August. Just my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pdoghue wrote: »
    The problem with this is that there'll be daylight for the entire show. I was there in 2005 at Croker and the atmosphere is not as good as if it is dark. Say for example Zooropa in the RDS in 1993 at the end of August. Just my opinion of course.

thats a worry i have too about the 22nd July but they might modify the show a bit to adapt too the sunlight (very slim chance a modification will happen), they cant go on too late either cause of the residents etc. Guess we just have to wait and see

dont want to scare people but saw this on Twitter

'Dates of attacks

Lee Rigby 22-05-13
    Brussels 22-03-16
    Munich 22-07-16
    London 22-03-17
    Manchester 22-05-17

Coincidence? #PrayForTheWorld'

The show falls on the 22nd July and the band themselfs are quite vocal on terrior issues. hopefully nothing will happen not just in Dublin but anywhere

What about the countless terror attacks not on a 22 date? Ugh not worth even discussing IMO. As much chance of getting targeted at any other show.

Every band is vocal against terrorists. You can't second guess these scum.

Now more plausible and relevant concerns, yeah a September show would have been far better. Perhaps they'll push streets back but I think we're just gonna have a very bright show sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

What about the countless terror attacks not on a 22 date? Ugh not worth even discussing IMO. As much chance of getting targeted at any other show.

Every band is vocal against terrorists. You can't second guess these scum.

Now more plausible and relevant concerns, yeah a September show would have been far better. Perhaps they'll push streets back but I think we're just gonna have a very bright show sadly.

Depends....They could switch the running order of the album.

Zoo TV made sure that Streets could never be played in daylight again. It just cannot be. It was fine on the JT because none of us knew the live powerhouse it would become but, not these days.
    It would lose it's energy and power.

With or Without you during daylight? Not a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Depends....They could switch the running order of the album.

Zoo TV made sure that Streets could never be played in daylight again. It just cannot be. It was fine on the JT because none of us knew the live powerhouse it would become but, not these days.
    It would lose it's energy and power.

With or Without you during daylight? Not a chance!

looking back at past outdoor july gigs i was at, it started to get dark at about 9.30 each night but it really depends on what type of day we get

Ideal would be a dry cloudy day

Cant wait for the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wooderson wrote: »
    Yes. Lets hope they get the sound levels right.

Sound levels are low on the Us leg from what I have read,lower than 360 tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Any get/win tickets to the Universal Music JT event in The Clarence this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone get their collectors ticket for any of the European gigs? Still waiting on one for Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone get their collectors ticket for any of the European gigs? Still waiting on one for Amsterdam.

The Dublin collector tickets were delivered a couple of weeks after the ticket sale.

U2 have announced more Joshua Tree concerts for North America and South America

09/03 – Detroit, MI @ Ford Field
    09/05 – Buffalo, NY @ New Era Field
    09/08 – Minneapolis, MN @ US Bank Stadium
    09/10 – Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium
    09/12 – Kansas City, MO @ Arrowhead Stadium
    09/16 – St. Louis, MO @ The Dome at America’s Center
    09/22 – San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium
    10/03 – Mexico City, MX @ Foro Sol
    10/07 – Bogota, CO @ Estadio El Campin
    10/10 – Buenos Aires, AR @ La Plata
    10/14 – Santiago, CL @ Estadio Nacional
    10/19 – Sao Paulo, BR @ Morumbi Stadium

Its a bizarre list of extra dates in the US ,alot of the cities wouldn't be big markets for them.
    Its baffling that they have scheduled 2 gigs for Missouri and they are only playing one concert in Ireland,one in Barcelona and one in Germany.
    12 gigs for the whole of Europe and 28 now for the US ,very odd.

U2 have announced more Joshua Tree concerts for North America and South America

09/03 – Detroit, MI @ Ford Field
    09/05 – Buffalo, NY @ New Era Field
    09/08 – Minneapolis, MN @ US Bank Stadium
    09/10 – Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium
    09/12 – Kansas City, MO @ Arrowhead Stadium
    09/16 – St. Louis, MO @ The Dome at America’s Center
    09/22 – San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium
    10/03 – Mexico City, MX @ Foro Sol
    10/07 – Bogota, CO @ Estadio El Campin
    10/10 – Buenos Aires, AR @ La Plata
    10/14 – Santiago, CL @ Estadio Nacional
    10/19 – Sao Paulo, BR @ Morumbi Stadium

Its a bizarre list of extra dates in the US ,alot of the cities wouldn't be big markets for them.
    Its baffling that they have scheduled 2 gigs for Missouri and they are only playing one concert in Ireland,one in Barcelona and one in Germany.
    12 gigs for the whole of Europe and 28 now for the US ,very odd.

I genuinely believe it was U2's intention to keep this tour small, and have time at the end of the year to get Songs of Experience all finished and singles ready to go. At this stage however it has turned into a full blown jaunt and I wouldn't be surprised to see another trip through Europe and Oceania dates added. The second European leg could very possibly see a date in Slane. Perhaps that's why there is only the one Croke Park date. I guess we'll have to wait until early 2018 to hear the new album.

I hope u2 adjust the setlist for the European leg, as playing where the streets have no name in daylight won't have the same affect! Hopefully they add some tracks from Boy and October, or if they feel they have covered that, some more cuts from War and The Unforgettable Fire like Drowning Man, Like a Song, Wire and maybe Elvis Presley and America! One can hope! Or why not do different cuts from Boy and October, a lotta great material been overlooked!

I can't see them dropping much of the current set list, if any. I think the best we might hope for is for TJT to be pushed completely to the second half, swapping with the current encore. That would mean Streets at around 10pm which would still be quite bright but might be a whole lot better than 9 or 9:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I can't see them dropping much of the current set list, if any. I think the best we might hope for is for TJT to be pushed completely to the second half, swapping with the current encore. That would mean Streets at around 10pm which would still be quite bright but might be a whole lot better than 9 or 9:15

Nah, they just can't do Streets that early..

Then again, everyone is going to be filming the gig on their phones or taking Snapchat selfies anyways so it's irrelevant what songs they do....Can guarantee you that half the people going haven't a clue of Exit or In God's Country or Trip Through Your Wires

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I still haven't watched any of this tour and don't know what to expect when I land in Twickenham...... can't wait.

With all the American dates added, I wonder what the chances are of another Croke Park Date. Would dearly love to bring my kid along as it will be very close to her birthday, turning 8 and what a first concert to go to!!!!

Seve OB wrote: »
    I still haven't watched any of this tour and don't know what to expect when I land in Twickenham...... can't wait.

With all the American dates added, I wonder what the chances are of another Croke Park Date. Would dearly love to bring my kid along as it will be very close to her birthday, turning 8 and what a first concert to go to!!!!

Well with the Rolling Stones pulling out of the third Dublin slot ,U2 could add the Friday night .
    They are playing in Barcelona on the Tuesday beforehand and it's a 24 hour journey by truck to Dublin ,so they are saying its too tight for a Friday gig.
    The Sunday night is out too as they are in Paris on the Tuesday .
    It's a right mess .

They are the only 2 possible dates this year ,Croke Park will be unavailable in August and September due to matches and anything later would be out due to colder weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Would be a bit short notice to announce another Croker date??

Veloce wrote: »

Why ,it would sell out in minutes .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

how do you mean? as in worried it would not sell out? it would be sold out in minutes, but think it very unlikely to happen at this stage -though I still find it very odd they only are doing 1 date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

No I'm not suggesting it wouldn't sell out, I just mean it'd be unusual to announce so close to the actual concert. It's 5 or 6 weeks away.

Has the Croke park annual concert rota already been met? 3 per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No I'm not suggesting it wouldn't sell out, I just mean it'd be unusual to announce so close to the actual concert. It's 5 or 6 weeks away.

Has the Croke park annual concert rota already been met? 3 per year?

There is one concert left (Coldplay have one and U2 the other at present).

Purely out of logistics, staffing and general courtesy to the public, i would be massively shocked if another gig for the July weekend was announced.

Not to mention leaks in this day and age. There has been zero mention of it even being a possibility.

Purely out of logistics, staffing and general courtesy to the public, i would be massively shocked if another gig for the July weekend was announced.

Not to mention leaks in this day and age. There has been zero mention of it even being a possibility.

was there much mention of the extra US dates U2 added the other day????

Rumour wise? Loads! Not sure if you are saying they being added mean a gig can still be added in 6 weeks? As if that is what you mean, apples and oranges, as the new gigs added are months away

Rumour wise? Loads! Not sure if you are saying they being added mean a gig can still be added in 6 weeks? As if that is what you mean, apples and oranges, as the new gigs added are months away

fair enough, to be honest i didn't analyse the dates

just living in hope :D

• Advertisement

No need for panic here I reckon, with this tour expanding, I can see another trip through Europe been added, with most likely a date in slane or perhaps a tour closing gig in Pairc Ui Chaoimh just like in 87, that'd be cool!

No need for panic, with a new album coming soon and more dates been added to The Joshua Tree tour were more spoiled than ever! Plus the sound in Croker is always dicey, hopefully Joe O'Herlihy and the weather are on the ball!

Advertisement