Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

There appear to be strong rumours that the new album might be released in December in which case a JT tour DVD might be unlikely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Stacksey wrote: »
    Cannot wait to see One Tree Hill live, an amazing song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhBc61rfSw

Massively underated song,up there with my all time favourites, that guitar riff at the start then the deeper angrier riff near the end really make it.
    Brilliant tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lazer.blue wrote: »
    There appear to be strong rumours that the new album might be released in December in which case a JT tour DVD might be unlikely.

could release both for the xmas market, these days with the likes of Youtube/Facebook live etc DVD releases of concerts are not as big as they once were but there nice money spinners though.

I wonder will they do a world tour in 2018 in support of SOE ???. I wonder will it be Indoors or outdoors

A Slane return for u2 is deff on the cards id say

Wasn't the original idea that when Songs Of Experience eventually came out the supporting tour would be a resumption of I&E with the same stage being used. Of course now that the JT tour is happening all that may have changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yup, and they said very recently that's still the plan, an extended tweaked I+e tour

• Advertisement

Yup, and they said very recently that's still the plan, an extended tweaked I+e tour

Prob still go and see a Dublin show if they included one but they might just do markets they didn't do on the 2015 I&E tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Prob still go and see a Dublin show if they included one but they might just do markets they didn't do on the 2015 I&E tour

Oh I can assure you....That will be a very long tour and, while there is no evidence as to why, I'm getting a chilling feeling over it.

What I will say is,if you're a U2 fan, get as many shows in

Oh I can assure you....That will be a very long tour and, while there is no evidence as to why, I'm getting a chilling feeling over it.

What I will say is,if you're a U2 fan, get as many shows in

I think you could be right. Songs Of Ascent may come a year or 2 after Songs Of Experience, another tour further extended I&E tour and after that a Las Vegas residency for a few weeks every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 j8100

This is a long shot but anyone out there got any spare tickets for croke Park concert? I've been searching solid for the last 2 months and it's disheartening to see all the opportunistics trying to rob genuine fans who want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

j8100 wrote: »
    This is a long shot but anyone out there got any spare tickets for croke Park concert? I've been searching solid for the last 2 months and it's disheartening to see all the opportunistics trying to rob genuine fans who want to go.

Keep searching ticketmaster's webpage.

Can't tell you how many times I got tickets for gigs, that were sold out, the day of the show on there. U2 included

• Advertisement

There'll definitely be ticket drops, even the 3arena show had plenty in the week leading up to the gig, and that was 1/4 the capacity. Problem is when.... follow this thread like a hawk for the next month!

What's the fastest way of getting too Croke Park(Hogan side) from Hueston Station ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

What's the fastest way of getting too Croke Park(Hogan side) from Hueston Station ??

Luas to Bus Aras and walk I'd say.

Wheety wrote: »
    Luas to Bus Aras and walk I'd say.

Was thinking that but is there a dart station in drumcondra (I could get dart too there from Connolly station) ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Was thinking that but is there a dart station in drumcondra (I could get dart too there from Connolly station) ???

It's not a dart but there's a train alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Selling a pitch 2 ticket if anybody is interested PM. Thanks. Ended up with 1 extra.

It's not a dart but there's a train alright.

Looked it up on irish rail

From Hueston I can get the Luas to Connolly station and from there get the commute too maynooth which stops at drumcondra train station

Not sure what I'll do, pubs and bars in the croke parl vicinity will prob be packed the day of the show. Might go sober for the day enjoy it more without going for a piss every 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Looked it up on irish rail

From Hueston I can get the Luas to Connolly station and from there get the commute too maynooth which stops at drumcondra train station

Not sure what I'll do, pubs and bars in the croke parl vicinity will prob be packed the day of the show. Might go sober for the day enjoy it more without going for a piss every 20 mins

By the time you got train to Drum, you'd have walked to Croker and be in your seat with a plastic glass of warm beer ;)

There's always the Hideout bar if you can find it. Very close to the stadium and rarely packed, even on match day. Was closed for a bit but think its open again now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Just realised Im in London the weekend theyre playing there. Looks like it'll be easier get a ticket for there than Croke Park by the looks of things. Seeing the Killers on the Saturday but a ticket for the Sunday would turn this weekend into an absolute blast.

By the time you got train to Drum, you'd have walked to Croker and be in your seat with a plastic glass of warm beer ;)

There's always the Hideout bar if you can find it. Very close to the stadium and rarely packed, even on match day. Was closed for a bit but think its open again now

if its a nice day i might walk it, ill follow all the people in U2 shirts/hoodies lol. Been in Croke Park a number of times but i think it was 8 years since i walked it from Bus aras (and even then we were lost and bus aras came out of the blue)

First time on my own going to croker but remember we walked too Croke park for Bruce springsteen last year and we got off abbey street luas stop

this time next month it will all be over :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

There are commuter trains that go from Connolly Station (which is right beside Bus Aras) to Drumcondra (Maynooth or M3 Parkway line for example). But they are not all that frequent on a Saturday. I would probably walk if the weather is not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Would I be better off standing at this show? Cheapish ticket for up in the nosebleeds around halfway up the pitch has become available for Twickenham. I normally prefer to stand, but will pay a bit more for that Id say...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tommyirl

I think a gig would have to be announced by now for this summer. There are lots of events on and it would be hard to keep such a high profile gig quiet especially as its now June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Taxi.

Quite like this setlist
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2017/rogers-centre-toronto-on-canada-3e4fd5b.html

Bit short imo for the price were paying for tickets but the stage looks cool

That was actually the most songs they played in weeks, usually just 21.

There has been a few complaints about the gig length but 2 hours is more than enough IMO.

Quality over quantity please!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That was actually the most songs they played in weeks, usually just 21.

There has been a few complaints about the gig length but 2 hours is more than enough IMO.

Quality over quantity please!

For a band with their huge back catalogue and the high cost of their tickets especially in the US they should be playing for at least 2 and a half hours.

The last tour they increased the length to two and a quarter hours but they have cut it back again.
    They don't have a hectic schedule on this tour so I'm not sure why they have cut it back ,perhaps Bonos voice isnt up to it or Larrys back .

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Anyone ever bought a ticket from the touts outside Croke Park? How risky???

For a band with their huge back catalogue and the high cost of their tickets especially in the US they should be playing for at least 2 and a half hours.

The last tour they increased the length to two and a quarter hours but they have cut it back again.
    They don't have a hectic schedule on this tour so I'm not sure why they have cut it back ,perhaps Bonos voice isnt up to it or Larrys back .

They had no support act on the I&E tour and they have support on this tour so I imagine that may be a contributing factor to u2s short set. Still it will be speical too hear the entire Joshua Tree album

Only 4 weeks too go

• Advertisement

I don't agree. The last tour also had an intermission. Just cos they have rakes of albums doesn't mean they need to play all night.

Their age and health has to be taken into account too. Larry really puts it all in. Bono's hardly been kind to himself either.

I saw Radiohead on Tuesday for €100, and 2 hours 10 minutes got zero complaints.

Not sure why U2 should be expected to do any more. Older, bigger show.

Saying all that, with it being the only Irish date, I expect a few surprises and maybe the longest set of the tour.

Advertisement