Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

sassyj wrote: »
    Anyone ever bought a ticket from the touts outside Croke Park? How risky???

I haven't bought any but I have seen people getting 'duds' for GAA games before. Caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

For the Sunday Twickenham gig, what time do people expect U2 to come on stage, and what time for Noel Gallagher? I'm hoping to run a track race in Gillingham at 3:30 that day (50 mins to London Victoria, trains every 30 mins) and just trying to figure out do I have enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chivito550 wrote: »
    For the Sunday Twickenham gig, what time do people expect U2 to come on stage, and what time for Noel Gallagher? I'm hoping to run a track race in Gillingham at 3:30 that day (50 mins to London Victoria, trains every 30 mins) and just trying to figure out do I have enough time.

Noel will likely be on around 6:45 and say he plays for an hour or thereabouts will be off the stage around 8. I'd say U2 will then come on between 8:45 to 9 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

sassyj wrote: »
    Anyone ever bought a ticket from the touts outside Croke Park? How risky???

I wouldn't buy one of those " print at home " tickets outside croke park, just asking to be ripped off, unless the seller wants to go into the stadium with you .

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

I know its a longshot but what are the chances of extra tickets been released for the U2 Croke Park gig??

If they do decide to release extra tickets will they announce it or will the tickets just randomly appear on Ticketmaster without any prior warning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They will definitely release dribs and drabs and mostly in the week preceding the gig. No announcement just keep an eye on this thread and check randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

They will definitely release dribs and drabs and mostly in the week preceding the gig. No announcement just keep an eye on this thread and check randomly.

This happened for the 2015 gigs and I was sorted with 2 standing tickets a few days before. Hoping for the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Have been watching a good bit of footage from the current tour and its basically a greatest hits tour with the joshua tree album in there but does anyone think that Vertigo and Elevation are 2 of the most overrated U2 songs ever?

They really are, but they are also fantastic live and always get everyone going. For that reason I'm happy for them to stay!

They really are, but they are also fantastic live and always get everyone going. For that reason I'm happy for them to stay!

True alright, I just think Until the End of the World and City of Blinding Lights are 2 crowd pleasers and so much better than Vertigo and Elevation but thats just my opinion

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree on UTEOTW but CoBL I never liked bar the first time it was played. The casuals absolutely love Vertigo and Elevation so I doubt we'd see the back of them soon.

Dunno why they don't play Hold Me Thrill Me. It absolutely rocked on Popmart(although most did on that tour.....)

Yeah I agree on UTEOTW but CoBL I never liked bar the first time it was played. The casuals absolutely love Vertigo and Elevation so I doubt we'd see the back of them soon.

Dunno why they don't play Hold Me Thrill Me. It absolutely rocked on Popmart(although most did on that tour.....)

Thought we might have seen the Unforgettable Fire,Magnificent and Acrobat on this tour but that was just wishful thinking, roll on the 22nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Stacksey wrote: »
    Have been watching a good bit of footage from the current tour and its basically a greatest hits tour with the joshua tree album in there but does anyone think that Vertigo and Elevation are 2 of the most overrated U2 songs ever?

Agree with Elevation. Not sure I do on Vertigo.

As for a GH tour.....I don't know if I'd call A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad, Bullet, Running To Standstill, Red Hill Mining Town, Exit, Mothers and One Tree Hill, Ultraviolet and the song of their forthcoming album, greatest hits.

None of them were ever released as singles and next to no one at these gigs, that I've seen, seem to have a clue about anything on The Joshua Tree's second side.

Sure, we know them but, most people don't.

As for Acrobat...Should have been played on Zoo TV. The one trick they missed on that tour

Yep, in truth this tour has more rarities than ever before! At the sacrifice of new songs of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Yep, in truth this tour has more rarities than ever before! At the sacrifice of new songs of course.

Yep. Even doing the full version of New Year's Day too.

If the next album is anything like The Little Things That Give You Away, then it'll be a great album imo.

Hopefully it won't be the last we hear from them

Agree with Elevation. Not sure I do on Vertigo.

As for a GH tour.....I don't know if I'd call A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad, Bullet, Running To Standstill, Red Hill Mining Town, Exit, Mothers and One Tree Hill, Ultraviolet and the song of their forthcoming album, greatest hits.

None of them were ever released as singles and next to no one at these gigs, that I've seen, seem to have a clue about anything on The Joshua Tree's second side.

Sure, we know them but, most people don't.

As for Acrobat...Should have been played on Zoo TV. The one trick they missed on that tour

Good point, Acrobat would have fitted in so well on that Zoo tv tour, what an amazing tour that was

• Registered Users Posts: 14 j8100

Keep searching ticketmaster's webpage.

Can't tell you how many times I got tickets for gigs, that were sold out, the day of the show on there. U2 included

There are some tickets just appeared on ticketmaster (exclusive to boards.ie members ;-) obstructed view but better than being ripped off by touts!!!

j8100 wrote: »
    There are some tickets just appeared on ticketmaster (exclusive to boards.ie members ;-) obstructed view but better than being ripped off by touts!!!

Edit: LEGEND

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Lower Section 317/ That's gotta be behind the sound area.
    Good luck folks!

EDIT: 320 also available. Might be better. Maybe.

Low 320 myself. Delighted. Seeing them in London next week, but glad to see them at home too. Never seen them in Croke Park before.

• Advertisement

What are the views like in the lower level sections 317/320??

EDIT: section 311 is available now. Slightly dearer though. Lower corner of Cusack stand. should be better view.

Upper 707 available now lads

Can you get two tickets beside each other or is it just random tickets around the stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Looks like singles only in 707. Pairs available in the restricted view spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm in section 333 row Q, Worked out at about €202 for the ticket (bought collectors ticket by accident)

Looking forward too it, liking the setlists so far and having Noel Gallagher and the HFB as support is a huge bonus

2nd time seeing u2 and wont be the last (unless money is tight at the time of the next tour)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

j8100 wrote: »

Thanks very much got two for a friend earlier.

Anybody pick up any of the restricted view tickets today?? I went on Ticketmaster today around lunchtime and was offered 1 lower Davin Stand ticket? Kinda regretting that I didn't take it now.

Do ye reckon they will release more tickets as we get closer to the gig? Hopefully some Pitch tickets will become available but that may be wishful thinking.

Med101007 wrote: »
    Anybody pick up any of the restricted view tickets today?? I went on Ticketmaster today around lunchtime and was offered 1 lower Davin Stand ticket? Kinda regretting that I didn't take it now.

Do ye reckon they will release more tickets as we get closer to the gig? Hopefully some Pitch tickets will become available but that may be wishful thinking.

Possibly. Some higher seats in the middle of the stadium went up shortly. I got 2 obstructed view seats today. Im seeing them in London standing next week, but I really wanted to see (and hopefully Ill see something) the Croke Park gig so I took the plunge

Possibly. Some higher seats in the middle of the stadium went up shortly. I got 2 obstructed view seats today. Im seeing them in London standing next week, but I really wanted to see (and hopefully Ill see something) the Croke Park gig so I took the plunge

Ya I had my finger on the trigger today for the lower Davin Stand ticket but I couldn't pull it.

Whats the sound like in the Davin Stand at a gig? I was on the pitch for the Vertigo tour 12 years ago and the sound was class. Haven't heard good stories about the sound from the stands in Croker though.

• Advertisement

Pitch tickets will definitely drop, but you'll need to be mightily quick!

Advertisement