Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lambayire wrote: »
    Pitch 2 being the area closest to the stage. Don't see why not.
    Although God only knows how the queue will be working for this one.
    U2 fans seem to have their own queue system especially for the American gigs.

I haven't queued since Popmart!

those lunatics

rules dont apply for them :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

PTH2009 wrote: »
    those lunatics

I was following a few tweets from them. The sense of entitlement is off the chart. Some stadium thwarted their system and there were CONNIPTIONS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

lambayire wrote: »
    I haven't queued since Popmart!

the only time i ever queued was at zoo tv in RDS and even then I wouldn't have called it queing, I just got there early, like no more han an hour but probably more like a few minutes before gates open, think i was about 16 and my first ever gig. anyway, we got in the right que, i remember a mad dash to get to the front and we got into the pit, I didn't even know one existed, I reckon Zoo tv was possibly one of the earliest gigs which introduced that.

also got into the pit at slane 1 in 2001, butt that was good fortune. we arrived late and just made our way up as the chillies were on stage and got close to the barriers and my pal spotted a bouncer he knew and dissapeared on me...... next thing i know was I was lifted out of it and into the pit :D

it is great being so close, but I really couldn't be arsed with queing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I was following a few tweets from them. The sense of entitlement is off the chart. Some stadium thwarted their system and there were CONNIPTIONS.

This was the official queuing system by the venue for the gig in Cleveland last Saturday ,not a bad system but useless if you are travelling on the day .
    Floor Access: Access to the floor requires a ticket for the GA floor. FirstEnergy Stadium wristbands to reserve your spot in line will be distributed starting at 8:00am on Saturday, July 1. Each person issued a FirstEnergy Stadium wristband must return to the CREE Gate between 2pm and 4pm to begin lining up for entry in order of your wristband number. All ticket holders must be together in line before 4pm or the entire group will lose their place in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Is it just me or do people in the front rows often seem to be the most idiotic. I saw a clip recently of a show where Bono decided to invite a load of fans on stage during Streets and they basically ruined it. Most of them just took out their stupid phones, Bono even got quite annoyed with one girl who kept shoving her phone in his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do people in the front rows often seem to be the most idiotic. I saw a clip recently of a show where Bono decided to invite a load of fans on stage during Streets and they basically ruined it. Most of them just took out their stupid phones, Bono even got quite annoyed with one girl who kept shoving her phone in his face.

The very definition of a fan - fanatic.
    I was a little bit like that 25 years ago.
    I moved on. Popstars are just human beings.
    Talented ones, mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Is that allowed though? I've never been in the nosebleeds at a Croke Park concert before, would the view from Upper Davin be any way decent? The sound quality is also a worry.

Not allowed officially. But it's what I would do if I ended up with one of those seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

PTH2009 wrote: »
    those lunatics

One of the downsides of the social media age is people promoting themselves as 'super fans' to the point of being celebrities in their own minds. Unofficial queues are formed by self appointed controllers often with meeting points arranged away from the venue days ahead of shows. The I&E tour saw this at it's worst as they 'fought' for the best positions in the hope of being brought on stage, some making it more than once and culminating in the final Paris show where 'winners' of a vote were brought up

lazer.blue wrote: »
    One of the downsides of the social media age is people promoting themselves as 'super fans' to the point of being celebrities in their own minds. Unofficial queues are formed by self appointed controllers often with meeting points arranged away from the venue days ahead of shows. The I&E tour saw this at it's worst as they 'fought' for the best positions in the hope of being brought on stage, some making it more than once and culminating in the final Paris show where 'winners' of a vote were brought up

Im hardly alone in thinking that that U2brother lad is a tad annoying. I wouldnt care for seeing him dance on the stage when I go to a concert. Fair play to him for being such a huge fan, but I couldnt care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Yeah, a guy I know from home is sorta like that. Been following the band for over 30 years and been to countless shows.
    At this stage, it almost seems to me like it isn't so much about the music any longer but rather racking up the gigs, seeing who can be in the queue earliest, finding the best spot up near the front and so on. All a bit sad to me but whatever gets you through the night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mrk75 wrote: »
    All a bit sad to me but whatever gets you through the night...
    There was some story about bob dylan having words with some "superfan", can't remember it but it was some fan at the front who was there for all his gigs and think he was asking him why he bothered, or go home, or to go get a life or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

finbarrk wrote: »
    Not allowed officially. But it's what I would do if I ended up with one of those seats.

yea but you can't just walk down from the top tier to the bottom tier... unless you know of a secret door???

rubadub wrote: »
    There was some story about bob dylan having words with some "superfan", can't remember it but it was some fan at the front who was there for all his gigs and think he was asking him why he bothered, or go home, or to go get a life or something along those lines.

You'd have some conflicting emotions about that alright if it was you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Seve OB wrote: »
    yea but you can't just walk down from the top tier to the bottom tier... unless you know of a secret door???

Just don't go up to the top tier in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mrk75 wrote: »
    Yeah, a guy I know from home is sorta like that. Been following the band for over 30 years and been to countless shows.
    At this stage, it almost seems to me like it isn't so much about the music any longer but rather racking up the gigs, seeing who can be in the queue earliest, finding the best spot up near the front and so on. All a bit sad to me but whatever gets you through the night...
    Springsteen hardcore fans are the same. Using the band as an excuse to nerd out. 

On the last tour, one of them left a Springsteen show in Glasgow after 10 songs and drove down to Coventry where the next gig was 2 days later just so he could get #1 in the queue. 

Truly baffling and sad.

The Nal wrote: »
    Springsteen hardcore fans are the same. Using the band as an excuse to nerd out. 

On the last tour, one of them left a Springsteen show in Glasgow after 10 songs and drove down to Coventry where the next gig was 2 days later just so he could get #1 in the queue. 

Truly baffling and sad.

That literally has to be a case of "to be seen" rather than to see the show. Lunacy. I can see why a huge fan would want to be right up to see an act to enjoy, but the above is ridiculous. What a waste of time, effort and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

The Nal wrote: »

Truly baffling and sad.

Similarly some people left before the end of night 3 of I&E at the 3 Arena to start queuing for night 4

lazer.blue wrote: »
    Similarly some people left before the end of night 3 of I&E at the 3 Arena to start queuing for night 4

Whats funny is, the closer you were at the i&e shows, the less impact the concept of the show had. It seems from short clips I've seen of the current tour that a handy distance back from the stage looks like a very very pleasing experience sight-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The band's are still laughing all the way too the bank at the expense of these superfans

I didn't pay too watch and listen too some stranger sing and dance on stage with the people I payed to see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm planning on standing at the back of the pitch 2 area. Hoping there's a bit of space to enjoy it and it's still close enough to the stage.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm planning on standing at the back of the pitch 2 area. Hoping there's a bit of space to enjoy it and it's still close enough to the stage.

Still checking every 20-30 minutes for a pitch 2 ticket drop. Oh, hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I still think(and hope) this pitch 2/1 thing is a myth.

Radiohead said all tickets would need ID, I walked in with no check at all.

The venue can change how they handle this on the day.

I imagine there will be huge issues with family members unbeknownst having separate pitch tickets.

It should have been noted very very clearly when buying tickets that the pitch areas would be separated.

I think it's going to be purely for entry and security. Once we get in it will be one pitch with the pit too(and red zone)

I still think(and hope) this pitch 2/1 thing is a myth.

Radiohead said all tickets would need ID, I walked in with no check at all.

The venue can change how they handle this on the day.

I imagine there will be huge issues with family members unbeknownst having separate pitch tickets.

It should have been noted very very clearly when buying tickets that the pitch areas would be separated.

I think it's going to be purely for entry and security. Once we get in it will be one pitch with the pit too(and red zone)

But it's essentially the same idea as this whole "golden circle ticket" that has come about, which is essentially, just a guaranteed place in the pit in front of the stage. Guns N Roses and Aerosmith are 2 I know that have been using it. Standing 2 is just a huge golden circle.

But they are clearly advertised and are more expensive. Pitch 2/pitch1 seem identical unless you check the layout. Didn't suggest any difference in the purchasing process

Yes, you are right actually.

We will know on Saturday I suppose, Coldplay has the park split into 3.

Oh it does? Pitch 1,2 and 3 tickets?! Madness!

Oh it does? Pitch 1,2 and 3 tickets?! Madness!
    Utter

16339s_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

But they are clearly advertised and are more expensive. Pitch 2/pitch1 seem identical unless you check the layout. Didn't suggest any difference in the purchasing process
    I did not see any confusion about it at the time at all -the only confusion was 1 poster saying he would prefer pitch 1 tickets. The image was very clear. Loads of gigs have pit places now. How do you figure the others were "clearly advertised" the name gold circle? and/or the high price?

I imagine they did not want to appear to be fleecing fans, so had the same price. I think Springsteen does not charge more though he has a pit, he does not have separate tickets you just queue up. I prefer the separate ticket option as its more of a lottery and not making people waste needless hours queueing up.
    Most families would buy tickets at the same time in a single transaction. GNR had a more confusing set up in slane where the pit was split in 2 -but there was not really much confusion about it.

Rolling stones had 4 areas in switzerland
    rolling-stones-letzigrund%20stadium%20zurich.jpg

rubadub wrote: »
    I did not see any confusion about it at the time at all -the only confusion was 1 poster saying he would prefer pitch 1 tickets. The image was very clear. Loads of gigs have pit places now. How do you figure the others were "clearly advertised" the name gold circle? and/or the high price?
    Yes, the 2 things exactly.

If your ticket is better, you should pay more. Simple.

I've been to 100s of gigs, and loads of U2 gigs. This is the first time I've seen this random first come first served pot luck with pitch "pits". It's ridiculous.

As for the other point. I know loads going to this gig. None of them are aware of the separate pitch enclosures, mainly cos they all bought tickets randomly and through friends/contacts and just assumed like every gig going person for the past 40 years that a pitch ticket is a pitch ticket.

Glad you are so understanding of ticketmaster's bullsh!t policies though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes, the 2 things exactly.

If your ticket is better, you should pay more. Simple.

Robbie Williams gig in the Aviva had a pit area and tickets for it were the same price as normal standing.
    From what I can see none of his gigs in the UK had a pit.

Is it some new health and safety development in Ireland that this system has been implemented ?
    I wasn't at Robbie's gig myself so not sure if the pit/pitch ticket was implemented.

Advertisement