Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So you were assigned the pit ticket at purchase? And it was the exact same price? How were they labelled? Bizarre new setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

finbarrk wrote: »
    Just don't go up to the top tier in the first place.

have you ever even been in a modern stadium????

you ticket denotes where you go in. you will be turned away with a top tier ticket if you try and go in the wrong section.

it is not a case of you get into the ground and just go wherever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

So you were assigned the pit ticket at purchase? And it was the exact same price? How were they labelled? Bizarre new setup.

There were pit standing tickets and pitch standing tickets ,both distinct categories but the same price.

16466s.jpg

There were pit standing tickets and pitch standing tickets ,both distinct categories but the same price.

16466s.jpg

I don't think they were sold separately though. Layouts of pitch often show where the pit is. Unless there were "pit" tickets, which doesn't seem the case by the ticket breakdown on the bottom left of the image.

I imagine the pit was first come basis like every other concert ever....until July 22nd.

I don't think they were sold separately though. Layouts of pitch often show where the pit is. Unless there were "pit" tickets, which doesn't seem the case by the ticket breakdown on the bottom left of the image.

I imagine the pit was first come basis like every other concert ever....until July 22nd.

There were pit tickets ,they were sold separately.

• Advertisement

Right you are, seems lots of confusion online about them being the same price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

The Nal wrote: »
    Springsteen hardcore fans are the same. Using the band as an excuse to nerd out. 

On the last tour, one of them left a Springsteen show in Glasgow after 10 songs and drove down to Coventry where the next gig was 2 days later just so he could get #1 in the queue. 

Truly baffling and sad.

Some of them bring their kids to the shows and get them to hold up signs so they can get on stage. Really very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Yep, those Robbie Williams tickets were indeed sold separately.

I did think there was a s lightly price difference though.
    It was 84.50 for the pit. I thought it was slightly cheaper for the main
    standing area. Totally different entrances too.

And still no new ticket drops for U2. Thought that would have selling a
    few extras by now. I really do think that a massive sale of tickets went
    in that members pre-sale that anyone could have availed of by paying
    the extra few quid. It was a but of a rip-off but I'm happy that I got s
    sorted this way. So few people seem have gotten sorted on the day
    of the general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

weadick wrote: »
    Some of them bring their kids to the shows and get them to hold up signs so they can get on stage. Really very strange.

ever see the u2 doc on u2 brother? madness, the dedication is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

but1er wrote: »
    ever see the u2 doc on u2 brother? madness, the dedication is madness

Hed be very annoying to go to a gig with. Could you imagine him if things didnt go his way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Right you are, seems lots of confusion online about them being the same price too!

I agree with you 100% on this issue mate. "Pitch2" tickets up the front shouldve been a different price to the rest. Its logical and eliminates confusion.

Hed be very annoying to go to a gig with. Could you imagine him if things didnt go his way?

They're a right sad bunch of entitled weirdos. Just wait, one of them will arrive on here to defend them. Self obsessed doesn't even cover it.

That bit on the Paris show was absolutely cringe and a massive misstep from U2. I'd be absolutely raging if I had to endure those freaks dancing on stage for a full song.

They're a right sad bunch of entitled weirdos. Just wait, one of them will arrive on here to defend them. Self obsessed doesn't even cover it.

That bit on the Paris show was absolutely cringe and a massive misstep from U2. I'd be absolutely raging if I had to endure those freaks dancing on stage for a full song.

I feel very lucky to have gotten Panti Bliss and Imelda May over them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

The hole Paris mega-fan popularity contest was ridiculous. I used to read the u2ietour hastag on twitter a lot and my god you should have seen the bickering that went on - it was unreal. I went to Dublin 1 and 2 - and saw the exact same people up on the front row there the second night - particularly around 'experience' stage as that's where they normally brought people up - wearing builders hard hats, devil horns, stupid banners - basically anything to get noticed. It was ridiculous.

Veloce wrote: »
    The hole Paris mega-fan popularity contest was ridiculous. I used to read the u2ietour hastag on twitter a lot and my god you should have seen the bickering that went on - it was unreal. I went to Dublin 1 and 2 - and saw the exact same people up on the front row there the second night - particularly around 'experience' stage as that's where they normally brought people up - wearing builders hard hats, devil horns, stupid banners - basically anything to get noticed. It was ridiculous.

On the Vertigo indoor tour in the US it was widely believed the main reason for introducing the pit lottery was to stop these fanatics from being on the rails night after night.
    Adam was said to be the main person pushing for it ,he was becoming unerved by these people being in front of him every night.
    Can't say I blame him to be honest.

The guy with the devils horns ,I was directly across the B stage from him the Saturday night in Dublin .
    Funny ,I was late getting to the gig ,probably 7.40 but I managed to get about 3 deep from the B stage without barging my way in,whilst the guy with the horns was probably queuing up all day ,lol
    I wont get as close in Croke Park ,I can tell you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Anyone think theres any chance ticket master will release a few tickets a day or 2 before the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Wooderson wrote: »
    I agree with you 100% on this issue mate. "Pitch2" tickets up the front shouldve been a different price to the rest. Its logical and eliminates confusion.

while i agree with the idea and principle...... it would be wrong, cause forever, the pit was always the same price as the standing on the pitch down the back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone think theres any chance ticket master will release a few tickets a day or 2 before the gig?

It's a certainty.
    You've got to be lucky though..

Seve OB wrote: »
    while i agree with the idea and principle...... it would be wrong, cause forever, the pit was always the same price as the standing on the pitch down the back

Yes, and always first come first served on the day of the gig. It remains to be seen if we are about to see a whole new stupid and unfair system enforced.

UsedToWait wrote:
    It's a certainty. You've got to be lucky though..

Thanks I'll be following this thread

• Advertisement

They have been releasing obstructed view seats in drips over the last week.
    No standing tickets dropped yet though and worryingly enough no pitch tickets have been dropped for Coldplay either and their gig is on Saturday.
    I'm wondering if this new multiple pitch are layout has reduced the capacity.

They have been releasing obstructed view seats in drips over the last week.

Thanks I'll keep checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seve OB wrote: »

Sure, but they'd the same entrance and the same opportunity to get closer to the front depending on when you show up. This system is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Thanks I'll keep checking!
    Obstructed view tickets seem to be back on sale again admittedly at the back corner so not great seats. I think I'll still hold out for better seats or standing.

miketv wrote: »
    Obstructed view tickets seem to be back on sale again admittedly at the back corner so not great seats. I think I'll still hold out for better seats or standing.

Hoping for some standing myself. My seat is in 321, which could very well be right behind the big sound tent. I'm assuming it'll be bang in the middle of the Davin as per the other photos I've seen of the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I feel very lucky to have gotten Panti Bliss and Imelda May over them....

Apparently Christy Dignam was supposed to make an appearance that night but he had to pull out so they got Imelda May instead. Pity, U2 and Christy playing This Is in a packed area would have been a nice moment I'd say.

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Apparently Christy Dignam was supposed to make an appearance that night but he had to pull out so they got Imelda May instead. Pity, U2 and Christy playing This Is in a packed area would have been a nice moment I'd say.

Christy Dignam and Panti Bliss, together at last. (Almost)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

JKerova1 wrote: »

I think Aslan had agreed to do a charity thing before the U2 offer came up and they wouldn't go back on their word

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lazer.blue wrote: »
    I think Aslan had agreed to do a charity thing before the U2 offer came up and they wouldn't go back on their word

I think Christy when too one of the Dublin I&E shows In 2015 anyway but didn't appear on stage

Id love if he gets the chance too appear on stage with u2 sometime down the line

Aslan and Christy are a very underrated band and always put on a class show

• Advertisement

Aw no I missed out again!

Advertisement