Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

For those of you going to the London gig tonight - enjoy!

I'm just at Dublin airport ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Veloce wrote: »

Haha, me2. Not going tonight though, will be there tomorrow.

Still haven't watched any clips yet so really looking forward to the show and to hear the new stuff "for the first time" ;)

Very good chance I have a spare standing ticket for tomorrows show in London. Will know for definite when I touch down later on but it appears we have a last minute drop out

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Me too flight delays getting worried meant to be flying now 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

I see the 'queue' registration started near Twickenham yesterday morning. That's not queuing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Anyone at the London gig last night able to tell me what time Noel Gallagher came on stage at? And more importantly U2 themselves? Won't make it to croke park until 9 for the gig and worried I'm gonna miss the start.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Anyone at the London gig last night able to tell me what time Noel Gallagher came on stage at? And more importantly U2 themselves? Won't make it to croke park until 9 for the gig and worried I'm gonna miss the start.
    Thanks

U2 started at 20.20 in Twickenham. MCD have said NG is on at 19.00 and U2 at 20.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2017/twickenham-stadium-twickenham-england-1be40d30.html

I wonder will we get a certain duet in Dublin ???

How did the screen hold up too the sunny conditions ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Loved that ending, would adore of Noel came on with them in Dublin.

By all accounts the early start didn't hinder the visuals much at all thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Any tickets available for this?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2017/twickenham-stadium-twickenham-england-1be40d30.html

I wonder will we get a certain duet in Dublin ???

How did the screen hold up too the sunny conditions ??

Screen is so bright sunlight didn't matter. But it really came to life imo during light my way. What a gig! Roll on Croker

Screen was unreal. Light didn't matter. The films Anton made were remarkable.
    No duet tonight though........ And for the first time ever at a concert I've been at....... .... No encore :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Hopefully some extra tickets will drop. Have seating but would luv standing..

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Seve OB wrote: »
    Screen was unreal. Light didn't matter. The films Anton made were remarkable.
    No duet tonight though........ And for the first time ever at a concert I've been at....... .... No encore :confused:

The encore is the 7 songs which follow Mothers of the Dissappeared.

Absolutely incredible show in Twickenham. Perfect from start to finish!

The encore is the 7 songs which follow Mothers of the Dissappeared.

Absolutely incredible show in Twickenham. Perfect from start to finish!

Yes and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Just getting a chance to write up about this this now..!

London 1:

Myself and the bro got down to Twickenham around 4 and picked up our Red Zone tickets. Once got in the gate we were chaperoned by one of the Red Zone crew through the back of the stage to bring us from the right-hand side of the stadium to red zone on the left. We were walking through and spotted Dallas Schoo (Edge's Guitar tech) lying flat out top of some storage boxes - chilling out and taking a break!

Concert was very very good.

Loved In Gods Country and the fact they played the Little Things That Give You Away. Noel Gallagher as a support act was fantastic, really got the crowd going.

Sunday Bloody Sunday as an opener - I really wasn't sure about this, having heard about it being the opener for the concert on the US legs. However, it just seemed to work!

I'm in work today and I'm still fecking wrecked!

Roll on Croker

PS We saw the whole of the Moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Just getting a chance to write up about this this now..!

London 1:

Myself and the bro got down to Twickenham around 4 and picked up our Red Zone tickets. Once got in the gate we were chaperoned by one of the Red Zone crew through the back of the stage to bring us from the right-hand side of the stadium to red zone on the left. We were walking through and spotted Dallas Schoo (Edge's Guitar tech) lying flat out top of some storage boxes - chilling out and taking a break!

Concert was very very good.

Loved In Gods Country and the fact they played the Little Things That Give You Away. Noel Gallagher as a support act was fantastic, really got the crowd going.

Sunday Bloody Sunday as an opener - I really wasn't sure about this, having heard about it being the opener for the concert on the US legs. However, it just seemed to work!

I'm in work today and I'm still fecking wrecked!

Roll on Croker

PS We saw the whole of the Moon!

Great Stuff. Heading to Berlin in the morning for Wednesdays show. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Just home from London 2. Only just after reading London 1 got a couple of more song sand a Noel appearance but this was an absolutely phenomenal show. The lads sounded fantastic, and the screen is amazing.

Got in the doors at half four, ate myself a Dominos pizza and plodded myself down in a nice spot for the evening on Adam's side.

Bad and Exit had to be the highlights for me.

Noel was brilliant too. Great to see Gem Archer playing with him! Was hoping to finally hear The Ballad of the Mighty I live but alas, no. Thought there might have been a new song or 2 aswell. Great set selection from him though. I also realised- in 20+ years, Neither Noel's voice nor hairline have changed an iota.

As Veloce said, Roll on Croker!

Sadly for me i might possibly have too sell my ticket for the croke park show. Hurling comes first (looking like Waterford vs Wexford in the QFS will be on the Sat 22nd July in Cork)

PM for more details

I've seen its the 23rd so hopefully what I've seen is right!

Also, I was keeping an eye on the obstructed view crowd yesterday. Basically, the entire 2 sections behind the big tent are empty. During the first few songs, people just left their seats and went to the middle seats (higher up the better by the looks of it). Hopefully they wont be dopes in Croke Park and will just let people move to suit the view (within reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Also, I was keeping an eye on the obstructed view crowd yesterday. Basically, the entire 2 sections behind the big tent are empty. During the first few songs, people just left their seats and went to the middle seats (higher up the better by the looks of it). Hopefully they wont be dopes in Croke Park and will just let people move to suit the view (within reason)

Might be different in Dublin as they made a right balls up of the restricted tickets in London,they only put them onsale Friday morning with the result alot of them were unsold.

• Advertisement

Might be different in Dublin as they made a right balls up of the restricted tickets in London,they only put them onsale Friday morning with the result alot of them were unsold.

Ah thats why some of the corner sections were fairly empty. Still though, I dont think any tickets were ever to go onsale directly in what is essentially the seats directly in front of the stage in the lower Davin, so hopefully theyll be free IF any of us needs to take a wander.

I've seen its the 23rd so hopefully what I've seen is right!

hopefully it is and Clare vs Tipp is on the sat :P:P. I can go to both the Waterford game and concert on the weekend. Going too matches is a huge family/personal tradition for me and id be a bag of nerves at the show knowing the match is on and adding too the crap 4G coverage in the stadium lol.

I saw u2 in 2015 and they played most of the songs i wanted too hear but this tour looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

hopefully it is and Clare vs Tipp is on the sat :P:P. I can go to both the Waterford game and concert on the weekend. Going too matches is a huge family/personal tradition for me and id be a bag of nerves at the show knowing the match is on and adding too the crap 4G coverage in the stadium lol.

I saw u2 in 2015 and they played most of the songs i wanted too hear but this tour looks amazing

Both quarter finals are usually played as a double header on the Sunday so you should be ok.
    Normally its in Thurles but it could be in Cork this year .
    Edit :just see Gaa might split the match over Sat/Sun ,such greed .
    You do need to get your priorities right though ,U2 >>>>>> Waterford match :P

Fcuk sake... was hoping for the other way around. Absolute balls...

Anybody know the stage times for Berlin tomorrow?

Double Post!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Anybody tried buying tickets from a seller abroad? I am in touch with an Irish guy abroad who is selling tickets at face value. His tickets are printed ones though which he would email to me. They have his name on them and I would transfer the money into his bank acc. Is there any I can be sure he is 100 percent legit or do I just have to take a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

weadick wrote: »
    Anybody tried buying tickets from a seller abroad? I am in touch with an Irish guy abroad who is selling tickets at face value. His tickets are printed ones though which he would email to me. They have his name on them and I would transfer the money into his bank acc. Is there any I can be sure he is 100 percent legit or do I just have to take a chance?

i'd steer well clear, transfer money into an account abroad, what if he's sold the tickets to a few people, avoid like the plague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

scudzilla wrote: »
    i'd steer well clear, transfer money into an account abroad, what if he's sold the tickets to a few people, avoid like the plague

Don't do it!!! I bought hardcopy tickets for Coldplay which turned out to be fake, there were lots of others with fake tickets which were bought on donedeal too but also viagogo and seatwave although as far as I'm aware we were only ones with hardcopy

Advertisement