Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Noel Gallagher and HFB will add to the day and to the ticket sales (a lot of Oasis fans might head to the gig now but theres a very good chance he might only do a very small number of oasis songs). Second time he actually supported at Croke Park (they supported the RHCP in 2012 and were quite good)

expecting both the fan club sales and next mondays allocation to sell out very quick, Production seats will prob be released in a few months time

All i want is 1 Hogan stand ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Veloce wrote: »
    +1

I saw them in Brussels for the 360 tour and it was fantastic!

Would like to see them in Amsterdam this time round. Already seen them in London.

thinking the same, but hard to get someone to mind kids when heading away for a weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stef_Ichnusa

Hi there ! Tomorrow there will be the pre-sale for U2 concert 2017. Are the fan clubs getting any benefit ? Are we getting any code or something for getting the tickets ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I wasn't even born for the 1987 gigs :P

I was at the 1987 gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Hi there ! Tomorrow there will be the pre-sale for U2 concert 2017. Are the fan clubs getting any benefit ? Are we getting any code or something for getting the tickets ?
    Thanks

Fan club members get a code either for wednesday (redhill group) or Thursday for the (wires group)
    redhill is the long term subscribers to U2, wires is recent subscribers

• Advertisement

Mods can we have A dedicated Croke Park show thread and use this as the Tour thread (and fixing the title as its annoying some posters lol) ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Bit mad how this is the one U2 tour that will tick all the boxes

Playing one of their best critical and selling albums in full, which means they'll be playing rarely heard and never before played songs, along with some of their biggest anthems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Bit mad how this is the one U2 tour that will tick all the boxes

Playing one of their best critical and selling albums in full, which means they'll be playing rarely heard and never before played songs, along with some of their biggest anthems

The sad thing is that Bono can no longer sing most of the songs on the album in the key they were recorded,his voice is no longer up to it sadly.

I hope that Bono doesn't use this tour as a platform to bash Donald Trump either ,Trump won the election ,fair and square ,its time to move on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fan club members get a code either for wednesday (redhill group) or Thursday for the (wires group)
    redhill is the long term subscribers to U2, wires is recent subscribers

Question, where does it say on the website about the split in pre-sales between the two groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mods can we have A dedicated Croke Park show thread and use this as the Tour thread (and fixing the title as its annoying some posters lol) ???

You are better off sending a PM to the mods to fix the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The sad thing is that Bono can no longer sing most of the songs on the album in the key they were recorded,his voice is no longer up to it sadly.

Thats been the way for a lot of songs for 25 years. Pride for example has been played in a lower key since the Zoo TV tour.

Lots of bands do it. Singers voices get knackered singing in higher keys night after night.

Question, where does it say on the website about the split in pre-sales between the two groups?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-dublin-07-22-2017/event/18005227B6721ECE?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Snarky Snark Snark

Coolio, thankee Sir/Miss/Missus/Other

Thank me by buying me a ticket :D:D:D on wednesday :D:D:D

I hope that Bono doesn't use this tour as a platform to bash Donald Trump either ,Trump won the election ,fair and square ,its time to move on now.

It's another strange thing.

After years of singing Streets in C#, he's now sang it in D over the last few tours.

Still haven't found....He's never been able to sing that in the original key

WOWY....He's always sang that in C#

Bullet...He sings in the original key

Running....The same

Exit....The same

One tree hill....The same

Trip Through Your Wires....The same

Red Hill....Don't know as they never performed it

Mothers...Should be alright.

In God's Country might be tricky for him but, that's about the only one I see him dropping the key on

It's another strange thing.

After years of singing Streets in C#, he's now sang it in D over the last few tours.

Still haven't found....He's never been able to sing that in the original key

WOWY....He's always sang that in C#

Bullet...He sings in the original key

Running....The same

Exit....The same

One tree hill....The same

Trip Through Your Wires....The same

Red Hill....Don't know as they never performed it

Mothers...Should be alright.

In God's Country might be tricky for him but, that's about the only one I see him dropping the key on

Plus Bono does have the key to the city :o

Snarky Snark Snark

Thank me by buying me a ticket :D:D:D on wednesday :D:D:D

bruce-lee.gif

Plus Bono does have the key to the city :o

Was very funny when that sheep pissed on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I think U2 have disappointed a lot of genuine fans today.They've just taken the first step towards heritage status.I was expecting the 'EXPERIENCE' part of the tour to be performed this year.

They've now postponed the new album due to 'recent world events'..What a cop out, considering the album is all but done.This is a major crisis of confidence from a band who are trying to gloss over it with a fairly lame marketing gimmick.

Springsteen and Pearl Jam are two acts who regularly incorporate whole albums into the middle of their set lists. U2 could easily have performed The Joshua Tree in addition to the new songs.That would have been unbelievable for real fans who've been expecting Songs of Experience to drop for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I think U2 have disappointed a lot of genuine fans today.They've just taken the first step towards heritage status.I was expecting the 'EXPERIENCE' part of the tour to be performed this year.

They've now postponed the new album due to 'recent world events'..What a cop out, considering the album is all but done.This is a major crisis of confidence from a band who are trying to gloss over it with a fairly lame marketing gimmick.

Springsteen and Pearl Jam are two acts who regularly incorporate whole albums into the middle of their set lists. U2 could easily have performed The Joshua Tree in addition to the new songs.That would have been unbelievable for real fans who've been expecting Songs of Experience to drop for months now.

I have to agree somewhat. I have seen every tour at least twice since 1987. I will be getting tickets for this tour but feel a bit disappointed that no new album for tour. JT is only 11 songs , average concert is about 22-23 songs. I cant wait to see them but I hope this is not the start of a greatest hits band like the rolling stones. The band have always been adamant they would not go down this road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Who knows, they could easily play 4 new songs each night.

Personally I'd rather see this new show (and TJT in full for the first time ever) than a rehashed I+e tour which seemed likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Barcelona gig fifteen minutes walk from my house. Delighted!
    How far from say las Ramblas is the venue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Was very funny when that sheep pissed on him

Think it shat on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Just after subscribing there. I assume I'm in the Thursday group for the presale? Can't find where it says what group I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Don't think you'll get a presale code if you subscribe after the tour is announced. Not fair on people who are regular subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Redo91 wrote: »
    Just after subscribing there. I assume I'm in the Thursday group for the presale? Can't find where it says what group I'm in.

Just log in and click on 'Account Info' in the drop down menu on your username.

It should give you your code and group over on left side of page. I'd imagine the Thursday group.

my dream setlist for the dublin show

In Gods Country
    I Will Follow
    Miracle Of Joey Ramone
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Angel Of Harlem
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Ceaderwood Road

Intermission

Mother Of the Dissapeared
    Exit
    One Tree Hill
    Trip Through The Wires
    Red Hill Minning Town
    Running To The Stand Still
    Bullet In The Blue Sky
    With Or Without You
    ISHFWILF
    WTSHNN

Encore
    Stuck In A Moment
    Mysterious Ways
    Pride
    One

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my dream setlist for the dublin show

In Gods Country
    I Will Follow
    Miracle Of Joey Ramone
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Angel Of Harlem
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Intermission
    Mother Of the Dissapeared
    Exit
    One Tree Hill
    Trip Through The Wires
    Red Hill Minning Town
    Running To The Stand Still
    Bullet In The Blue Sky
    With Or Without You
    ISHFWILF
    WTSHNN

Encore
    Stuck In A Moment
    Mysterious Ways
    Pride
    One

All great tunes of course, however, I do not think that there will be songs not from JT played during the JT set. I could be wrong but a tour of an album would be just the album and maybe a few other hits at the end for an encore. Hard to say but could one end up being disappointed at the lenght of the gig, JT runs about 50 mins would expect them to stretch that out a bit make it at least an hour, then 30 minutes of Bono talking sh.ite and we're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Don't think you'll get a presale code if you subscribe after the tour is announced. Not fair on people who are regular subscribers

I did get one. The regular subscribers are in the Wednesday group and the likes of me can't buy them til Thursday so regulars aren't affected by people like me subscribing.

• Advertisement

Redo91 wrote: »
    I did get one. The regular subscribers are in the Wednesday group and the likes of me can't buy them til Thursday so regulars aren't affected by people like me subscribing.

It is probably worth the 50 bucks if it guarantees you a ticket or 4.

Advertisement