Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

weadick wrote: »
    Anybody tried buying tickets from a seller abroad? I am in touch with an Irish guy abroad who is selling tickets at face value. His tickets are printed ones though which he would email to me. They have his name on them and I would transfer the money into his bank acc. Is there any I can be sure he is 100 percent legit or do I just have to take a chance?

How did you come into contact with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The fact he is selling at face value makes it even more dubious. These are in such demand you would think most people could get rid of them to people they know, or a "friend of a friend".

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Wheety wrote: »
    How did you come into contact with him?

Through a fan forum but yeah now that you mention it, it is a bit dodge alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Through a fan forum but yeah now that you mention it, it is a bit dodge alright.

New joiner on forum or a long standing poster with shit loads of posts? If it was the latter you may have got lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody going to Rome to see the JT tour?

• Advertisement

While you may have gotten lucky, it sounds very dodgy to me. Although they're facilitating touting at least the likes of Seatwave 'guarantee' your ticket so you'd get your money back and the other person doesn't get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I am in touch with an Irish guy abroad who is selling tickets at face value. His tickets are printed ones though which he would email to me. They have his name on them and I would transfer the money into his bank acc. Is there any I can be sure he is 100 percent legit or do I just have to take a chance?

DO NOT under any circumstances deal with this guy.
    Alarm bells should be ringing for many reasons.

Sold out concert and he's selling you tickets for face value and you don't know him?
    Printed out tickets: So they can be printed and sold many times over.
    Email to you: Email the same tickets to you and many others.
    Bank Transfer: NO comeback as the only person who can transfer the cash back is the account holder unless fraud is proven and you can be assured the cash will have long gone.
    You don't know who the guy is or where he lives, only have an email for him?

Is he even Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wheety wrote: »
    Is he even Irish?
    Hes a Nigerian prince who has just inherited a load of tickets and needs to move them to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Anybody going to Rome to see the JT tour?

Never really liked Justin after he left Nsync.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What are the chances of a shuttle bus too Croke Park from Heuston station

my train arrives at 15.15 and ill prob watch the hurling and get food in the station before heading too Croke Park

plan b is too get the luas too Abbey Street and walk too the stadium from there

I'd say you're better off walking. There'll be thousands making there way there. Bit of a buzz around. Get off the Luas at Bus Áras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Daft question I know but is there any prospect of TB dropping a few tix for sale close to the day. Or did they definitely definitely release all when they went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

PTH2009 wrote: »

my train arrives at 15.15 and ill prob watch the hurling and get food in the station before heading too Croke Park

Unless Bono and the boys are in extravagantly generous mood, I'd say chances of a shuttle are pretty much next to zero!

You can actually get a decent meal at Heuston and, unless crowded, the bar isn't a bad spot to watch a game. Problem is, if concert starts at 6 you might struggle to make the start of it, assuming it takes a while to reach your seat at Croker.

Heading in to Abbey/top of O'Connell St to watch hurling is the alternative, but the downside to that is you won't get any of the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I hate being a grammar Nazi, but it's to, not too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Daft question I know but is there any prospect of TB dropping a few tix for sale close to the day. Or did they definitely definitely release all when they went on sale.

Well, they have been dropping obstructed view and higher level tickets sporadically the last week or so... You'd never know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

There were tickets released for Coldplay on the Friday and Saturday.

Mixture of full price seated and restricted view seated. No standing seemed to appear when I was checking during the afternoon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Anybody know the stage times for Berlin tomorrow?

Einlass 16:00 Uhr
    Noel Gallagher 19:00 Uhr
    U2 20:40 Uhr

sharkman wrote: »
    U2 20:40 Uhr

Similar times for Croke Park or earlier cause of the lovely Croke Park residents

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Anybody know the stage times for Berlin tomorrow?

U2 20:40 Uhr.

Heading over myself , Cant wait .. Pity the weather is looking crap for tomorrow .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Similar times for Croke Park or earlier cause of the lovely Croke Park residents

What is the curfew time for Croke Park do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

The Nal wrote: »
    Hes a Nigerian prince who has just inherited a load of tickets and needs to move them to Ireland.

Could well be! Cant believe I was actually almost daft enough to think it was real. Must be the euphoria of the approaching concert clouding my judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

11pm

Coldplay pushed the curfew to the limit on Saturday.

Came on stage at 9pm and final song/fireworks finished at 11.04pm.

Think they get charged 2k per minute after 11. Pretty sure U2 played til almost half 11 one of the nights in 05

Think they get charged 2k per minute after 11. Pretty sure U2 played til almost half 11 one of the nights in 05

I wonder does slightly going curfew really matter. Id say something if someone took the piss and played an hour over curfew but 10-15 mins would not really change anything

I imagine it would be hard for residents too get there kids to sleep the night of an event anyway as they would all want too listen and watch the people leaving etc.

Ah yeah they just wanna clear out and rules are rules, but I'd imagine we might squeeze 10 or 15 extra out of them seeing as it's the only night in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I changed our train to an earlier one today because of the match on TV. It just cost €4 each to get an earlier train from Limerick. Might watch it in the Woolshed.

finbarrk wrote: »
    I changed our train to an earlier one today because of the match on TV. It just cost €4 each to get an earlier train from Limerick. Might watch it in the Woolshed.

i done the opposite and changed too a later time as i need too save a big of money for the match the next day (ill be in Dublin for a shorter time spend less etc). Not sure yet where/if ill watch the match. Might just make my way too the Croke Park area when i get off my train (will be around 15.30 when i get out of Heuston station)

The new ticket structure on Irish rail is handy if have to change/cancel times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I still can't get over the fact that they didn't add a second date when it became clear there would be no 3rd Croker gig this year. They are essentially throwing away €10m gate and after everything is paid for, probably a million for each member of the band. Crazy considering they are doing multiple nights in many other cities.

Was at Twickenham on Sunday. Simply incredible. 8th time seeing them and the best yet. I haven't seen Bono so engaged in a performance before apart from on DVD gigs. I would love if this was released on DVD.

Advertisement