Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just been looking at a few vids and pics from twickenham

very hard to determine if there was actually a pit. I dont think so other than the red zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Seve OB wrote: »

very hard to determine if there was actually a pit. I dont think so other than the red zone!

Forget about the pit Severiano, how was the concert?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There was no pit in London and there was no pit for any of the US venues.
    Its only us savages that need a pit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Yep....

Can't have people like me, bouncing up and down, ruining the rest of the fans filming it and watching it through their phones...

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Forget about the pit Severiano, how was the concert?!

It was epic. Screen was just WOW. The films were amazing. Proper HD. Sound fantastic. The production of the whole lot was really really well done.

I remember after Zoo or the Popmart Larry was asked what his ideal gig would be and he said to strip it all down and just play on the back of a lorry. Well this is as close as they have ever got. There is no show like there was with the IE screen etc. no Claw, no giant props to jump out of, no cars hanging from the roof & no alter egos. It was just 4 lads playing in front of a big tele. Obviously the tele is the prop and the show, but other than that, it is simply just a couple of hours of really fantastic ceol.

Can't wait for Croker now

• Advertisement

So do my pitch 2 tickets make me a savage........ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Nah they just make you enter a slightly different entrance to pitch 1 tickets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Have any tickets been released in the past week? I haven't been able to check Ticketmaster in work this week. Surely "Pitch" tickets are about to be released or am I hoping against hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 livelife

I would imagine all tickets have been released at this stage. It's a one night stand only

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Is anyone still waiting on tickets to be delivered, Im missing one Pitch 2 paper ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Convinced myself too get the 11am train up from Waterford next Saturday

So from Heuston Station whats the most convenient Luas stop too get off too walk too the Hogan stand side ???

Prob look too grab food and catch the hurling at 3pm. I imagine pubs/hotels around the stadium will be choc a block ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

PTH2009 wrote: »

So from Heuston Station whats the most convenient Luas stop too get off too walk too the Hogan stand side ???

Prob look too grab food and catch the hurling at 3pm. I imagine pubs/hotels around the stadium will be choc a block ???

The bar in Heuston is not too bad for food and the match.

Anywhere in town really will do you. Dublin is quite small. Croke Park is around 20 min walk from Connolly Station.

Wheety wrote: »
    The bar in Heuston is not too bad for food and the match.

Anywhere in town really will do you. Dublin is quite small. Croke Park is around 20 min walk from Connolly Station.

Been too Croke Park many times but always drove there and can barely remember walking from o Connell street too there for Bruce Springsteen last year lol. Should be fine I'll prob see groups of people with u2 shirts walking there and the place is so big it's hard too miss

Found a walking map on the Croke Park website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Murrays would suit you for the match.
    http://murraysbarandgrill.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Been too Croke Park many times but always drove there and can barely remember walking from o Connell street too there for Bruce Springsteen last year lol. Should be fine I'll prob see groups of people with u2 shirts walking there and the place is so big it's hard too miss

Found a walking map on the Croke Park website

I was at Springsteen too. There will be thousands walking down and even more walking back to town together.

Jayus
    Hearing songs like Bad, In The Name, Streets, With or Without you and ISHFWILF so early in the gig
    will be both and awsome and weird experience.
    You expect too end your night hearing them songs not too begin it lol

Going too try and watch a u2 Doc/DVD every night starting Monday too wet the apitide for next Saturday. cant wait :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

To*

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

For anyone traveling in by DART or in general from south of Dublin, keep in mind that Bray Air Display day one is the same Saturday! DARTs will be wedged once that finishes and N11 chock-a-block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Ooooh we might get a fly over for BTBS!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Any guesses as to when ticketmaster will do a ticket drop? I'm trying to get 1 extra pitch ticket for my sister.

Are there tickets normally on sale at the box office on the day of the event?

• Advertisement

Veloce wrote: »
    Any guesses as to when ticketmaster will do a ticket drop? I'm trying to get 1 extra pitch ticket for my sister.

Are there tickets normally on sale at the box office on the day of the event?

Try a few times a day for the next few days

Doubtful there will be tickets on sale at the box office on the day

Expect too see a touts trying too sell

6 days :D:D:D

going for food/drinks and going to watch the match in Murreys on O Connell Street and then walk straight too the stadium. Weather looks good for Saturday ATM

Work starting after todays game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Might go to Murrays myself. Up the Banner!

U2 doc on the vearly years on Thursday 20th July at 19.00pm on RTE One titled 'U2 Agus An Arc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Im actually listening to a great bootleg of the show frm U2Start. What a bloody show.

Having a beer in the garden this evening, reminiscing of last Sunday. The beer came in these, £2 deposit and you had to keep bringing it back to be refilled. Get your money back at the end of the night, of course you could keep it as a souvenir. Saw a bloke at the end of the night, must have gathered about 20 of them on the pitch. I wonder will we see them in Croker.

35157951473_ce85b18de5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw a bloke at the end of the night, must have gathered about 20 of them on the pitch.
    they had these at some festival here I was at many years ago. I thought it was a great idea. Not only does it mean you are given a half decent glass (well, plastic receptacle) to drink out of, instead of the terribly flimsy ones, but it meant the ground was not littered with the bloody yokes as they were worth something.

There were similarly lads going around with sky high stacks of them, collecting ditched ones and cashing in -they must have made a fortune -and the place had to spend less on cleanup too. win-win.

The printing is a good idea too, the ones I saw were plain and so not "collectible". I still think there needs to be a more novel approach to drink at gigs like this. Like vending machines with plastic cans, or beer self dispense points with contactless payment, pour however much you want into the container you have and be charged per ml. Or salespeople wandering around with plastic bottles.cans for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Totally agree on the collectible cups. Great idea all round. I came home with two from Twickenham and found another couple left in our hotel lobby too.

Great gig and I thought the band was were in great form. Larry especially was an absolute monster. I thought he had lost some of his force in recent years but not a bit of it.

The crowd was good at the gig but it was weird before and after. Maybe it was whatever way we went to the stadium but there was no real buzz. Even afterwards, everyone just walked quietly back down the road. I guess it was just another gig for London whereas this weekend it will be the main event in Dublin and every pub will be blasting out U2 music.
    Definitely an older and more well-heeled audience than in Dublin too, which was also weird. Not many band t-shirts around and (thankfully!) not a pink cowboy hat in sight...! But they got into it from the start and it was a really good atmosphere in a great stadium (much like Croker if they continued the stands on around where the Hill is).
    I think the opening four or five song set really helps get the audience totally on board from the start and I thought it was a great set list. The encore section was fantastic too.

Roll on Saturday...!

• Advertisement

Im actually listening to a great bootleg of the show frm U2Start. What a bloody show.

care to share?

I'm sitting in work and there is no sound coming through my headphones ;)

Advertisement