Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seve OB wrote: »
    I've said it before, a traditional pit was always same price as anywhere else on the pitch.

These tickets have explicitly different entrances. Youre disappearing into the hole youve dug yourself. Barely visible Sebbey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Amazed a 2nd date wasn't added - was that due to a restriction on the number of shows allowed at the venue per annum or a logistics issue with U2 themselves?

Wasn't U2's fault from what I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Amazed a 2nd date wasn't added - was that due to a restriction on the number of shows allowed at the venue per annum or a logistics issue with U2 themselves?

Both .
    Croke Park can only have 3 concerts per year and Coldplay had one date and the Rolling Stones had provisionally booked a date so that only left U2 with one date.
    When the Rolling Stones pulled out ,that meant the 3rd date was free but U2 hadn't left enough time before or after the Dublin gig to add a second date.
    They are playing in Barcelona tomorrow night and its a 32 hour road journey to Dublin so they would only arrive Thursday evening so Friday would be too tight.
    They are playing Paris on the following Tuesday so that ruled out the Sunday night in Dublin.

Its a complete farce though that those pesky residents can stop Coldplay and U2 from playing second gigs ,it doesnt go on in any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

turned on Rattle and Hum for a second and now watching the whole thing

Jayus the Point looked like some **** hole but its so iconic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jayus the Point looked like some **** hole but its so iconic

It didn't just look like some **** hole, it was an awful grade A **** hole.

• Advertisement

It didn't just look like some **** hole, it was an awful grade A **** hole.

How different was it compared too what it is today, RTE should of done a doc on the history of the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wooderson wrote: »
    :pac::pac:

Top trolling! **hattip mate**

Wasn't trolling :D

I originally got Pitch 1 at 9:00. Kept trying and got Pitch 2 at 10:30. This was all in the pre-sale.

Both .
    Croke Park can only have 3 concerts per year and Coldplay had one date and the Rolling Stones had provisionally booked a date so that only left U2 with one date.
    When the Rolling Stones pulled out ,that meant the 3rd date was free but U2 hadn't left enough time before or after the Dublin gig to add a second date.
    They are playing in Barcelona tomorrow night and its a 32 hour road journey to Dublin so they would only arrive Thursday evening so Friday would be too tight.
    They are playing Paris on the following Tuesday so that ruled out the Sunday night in Dublin.

Its a complete farce though that those pesky residents can stop Coldplay and U2 from playing second gigs ,it doesnt go on in any other country.

its one of those things. i was in The Etihad Stadium in Manchester last year and London Stadium this year and there both a good bit away from residential areas and it makes a big difference. The Aviva and Croke Park are both historic venues and all organisations were too stuborn too sell them when they had the chance and build in an non residential area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Anyone traveling over or coming up looking for something to do Saturday afternoon, I recommend the U2 wall in temple bar part of the hot press 40th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Enough of the pitch 1 / pitch 2 b1tching.

I'm delighted to have a ticket anywhere in the stadium for this one, 30 years since my first ever concert, U2 Croke Park 1987 (RIP Lou Reed)

Am planning my run up to Saturday.

This evening: Zoo TV Live from Sydney
    Tuesday: From the Sky Down
    Wednesday: I&E Live from Paris
    Thursday: Popmart Live from Mexico
    Friday: Rattle and Hum

Anyone else getting into it rather than bickering about queues? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

No Slane?! Blasphemy!!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Enough of the pitch 1 / pitch 2 b1tching.

I'm delighted to have a ticket anywhere in the stadium for this one, 30 years since my first ever concert, U2 Croke Park 1987 (RIP Lou Reed)

Am planning my run up to Saturday.

This evening: Zoo TV Live from Sydney
    Tuesday: From the Sky Down
    Wednesday: I&E Live from Paris
    Thursday: Popmart Live from Mexico
    Friday: Rattle and Hum

Anyone else getting into it rather than bickering about queues? :)

Tonight/finish off 2morrow- Rattle and Hum
    Tuesday- From the Sky Down
    Weds- I&E Live in Paris
    Thursday- Supersonic (Oasis Doc)
    Friday- Finding Bono (Story is good, Acting and such meh)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

No Slane?! Blasphemy!!

Mmm..
    Actually, Friday night is going to be a double feature now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I just have been listening to the Joshua Tree on loop till today. Now it's last weeks concert from Twickers on a double loop, Sat and Sun shows.

No Slane?! Blasphemy!!

This is magic, would of loved too of been there bit was only 11 at the time lol. Didn't we beat Holland in the soccer that day ???

https://youtu.be/uDkBzkA9L4s

Sure did, and they showed the 2nd half live on the big screen! Followed by Ash and Moby at their peak, and then of course U2. Simply an incredible day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This is magic, would of loved too of been there bit was only 11 at the time lol.

9398643.jpg

(you're probably too bloody young to get that reference too)

9398643.jpg

(you're probably too bloody young to get that reference too)

Is that the US office ??

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

I was in Croker 30 years ago so I'm no spring chicken :p but I am genuinely excited for Saturday.

Achtung Baby in car on way to work this morning. Joshua Tree on way home. The neighbours definitely heard me pulling into drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hurricane147

Unfortunately I don't have a ticket but I was wondering does anyone know how close I would be able to get to Croke Park on the evening without one? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Was at the Slane gig and one of the lads was in the bog when Ireland scored,80,000 people cheering and one roaring Nooooooo!!!!

As for the pitch 2 issue,I went on the site Thurs of presale at 9 and first got offered seating so threw them back and got pitch 2 next attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Unfortunately I don't have a ticket but I was wondering does anyone know how close I would be able to get to Croke Park on the evening without one? Thanks.

North Circular Road, Ballybough Road, Richmond Road and Drumcondra Road. The quietest (traffic-wise) is Richmond Road. You'll probably meet me there if the wind means I can't hear it from my back garden in Marino. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Sure did, and they showed the 2nd half live on the big screen! Followed by Ash and Moby at their peak, and then of course U2. Simply an incredible day.

The week before was better Coldplay(when they weren't a pop act) RHCP and U2, it was indeed a beautiful day

Not a chance! Second day was far better, but yeah the first lineup was better. Impossible to beat the feelgood feeling after the Ireland win, and the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jeysus, i never knew i went to a Coldplay gig before!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I have heard from a few different people that the first Slane was the best and in a way it is better that it was not filmed, given the circumstances. The second concert was a bit more celebratory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The queue for that first Slane show was a laff. 8.30am - 200 Mexicans and a busload of drunk Nordies around us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

In the upper davin on Saturday night. I can already feel the "vertigo" kicking in and asking can I be moved with the dizziness

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Any one get the collector tickets from U2.com? I assume as per the email sent these will allow access. Email also said printed tickets would also be sent 72 hrs before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 JOEOLEARY

Does anybody know where the Red tickets can be collected from? I'm presuming Gills corner but haven't heard didly from MCD or ticketmaster. When we bought the tickets we just got an email saying bring the booking receipt and ID to the ticket office.

Advertisement