Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

strandsman wrote: »
    Any one get the collector tickets from U2.com? I assume as per the email sent these will allow access. Email also said printed tickets would also be sent 72 hrs before.

Did it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

see below. I suppose you could read it two ways. 'The tickets aren't ready to print yet' does that mean collector tickets or paper tickets??

The tickets aren't ready to print yet, this is because we are still looking at a few final details with the event organisers.

Your Collector Ticket will give you access to the event thanks to its unique barcode. You will receive a special plastic credit card sized 'Collector Ticket' with lanyard to keep and treasure as a mememto of the event. Collector Ticket artwork may vary from artwork shown here.

We will email you to let you know the tickets are on the way!

Best Wishes

Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Any one get the collector tickets from U2.com? I assume as per the email sent these will allow access. Email also said printed tickets would also be sent 72 hrs before.

The lanyard ones? Got mine months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

The lanyard ones? Got mine months ago

you happy to go with these ya? just been super cautious as traveling long distance to Croker

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

see below. I suppose you could read it two ways. 'The tickets aren't ready to print yet' does that mean collector tickets or paper tickets??

The tickets aren't ready to print yet, this is because we are still looking at a few final details with the event organisers.

Your Collector Ticket will give you access to the event thanks to its unique barcode. You will receive a special plastic credit card sized 'Collector Ticket' with lanyard to keep and treasure as a mememto of the event. Collector Ticket artwork may vary from artwork shown here.

We will email you to let you know the tickets are on the way!

Best Wishes

Ticketmaster

They mean your collector ticket wasn't ready to print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

you happy to go with these ya? just been super cautious as traveling long distance to Croker

A tickets a ticket. Why wouldn't I be happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

When is the much vaunted "flood" of tickets going to hit the resale/toutless market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm very surprised there's been no standing ticket drops yet, maybe there won't be!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I keep coming back to the pre-sales and the memberships that could be purchased.

I must have spent the guts to 2 days waiting for the ticket block that I wanted.
    Thousands upon thousands of pre-sales memberships must have been sold in that time.

It's not looking that likely that there will be another drop of tickets.

Coldplay only released some on the day of the show. And I'd guess they were production
    holds more than a proper beat the touts sale of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Wooderson wrote: »
    When is the much vaunted "flood" of tickets going to hit the resale/toutless market?

Who was predicting a flood on Toutless etc?
    I know I've pals yet to be sorted, and I'm sure many are the same.
    Any spares will be shifted through personal networks imo..

• Advertisement

Cheapest standing ticket on seatwave(who proudly shout A TICKETMASTER COMPANY! :D ) is €411!!!

Edit. : hadn't added all fees, €430!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Picked up a pair today from a friend who can't make it - happy days. Literally in Row Z of the Canal End but only €40 and I've got pitch tickets for Paris next week so at that price I'm happy enough just to be in the stadium. Also a big Oasis fan so Noel Gallagher supporting is a huge bonus.

Any idea of stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Collie D wrote: »
    Picked up a pair today from a friend who can't make it - happy days. Literally in Row Z of the Canal End but only €40 and I've got pitch tickets for Paris next week so at that price I'm happy enough just to be in the stadium. Also a big Oasis fan so Noel Gallagher supporting is a huge bonus.

Any idea of stage times?

Gates: 5pm

Noel G: 7pm

U2: 8.40pm

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Who was predicting a flood on Toutless etc?
    I know I've pals yet to be sorted, and I'm sure many are the same.
    Any spares will be shifted through personal networks imo..

Good few people said "there'll be the usual truck load available the week of".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Cheapest standing ticket on seatwave(who proudly shout A TICKETMASTER COMPANY! :D ) is €411!!!

Edit. : hadn't added all fees, €430!! :O

Someone sold some off 'cheap' today then. I saw some for €205 pitch 1 (not incl. charges). They're in the recently sold section.

Also, there's a few tickets for under €400. Admittedly not by much. Are people seeing different prices? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Good few people said "there'll be the usual truck load available the week of".
    I don't recall seeing anyone say that, let alone "a good few".

Are you sure you are not mixing it up with Slane or something? loads said it for that, and were right.

If I had any spare U2 tickets I could easily get rid of them to people I know, without having to resort to toutless. I would be wary of any I saw on toutless as they are in such high demand and have such a wide fan base you would think people would get rid of them easy.

Wheety wrote: »
    Someone sold some off 'cheap' today then. I saw some for €205 pitch 1 (not incl. charges). They're in the recently sold section.

Also, there's a few tickets for under €400. Admittedly not by much. Are people seeing different prices? :eek:

Some of the cheaper ones need to be bought in bulk. You may also not have added the ticketbastard charge and holding fees. And I was seeing sterling prices so had to convert.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Anyone remember this lot playing the Old Oak back in the early to mid 00's?

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/event/zoo-2-u2-experience/2017-09-30/

Great tribute band and unfortunately about as close as we will get to seeing U2 in Cork again I would say.

As for the other point. I know loads going to this gig. None of them are aware of the separate pitch enclosures, mainly cos they all bought tickets randomly and through friends/contacts and just assumed like every gig going person for the past 40 years that a pitch ticket is a pitch ticket.
    How is it hard to believe? "hey lads, ye want to go to U2? Standing tickets? got 4, put you down for 1?"

At no stage does anyone discuss this pitch 2/pitch 1 thing cos it has never ever come up. Unless the guy buying looks at the seating chart, which again is extremely rare to be required to do, when buying STANDING tickets(see what I did there? Seating chart?) then he just gets pitch 1, or pitch 2, thinking they are all the same. Countless times gigs have GA1, GA2, or weird numbers on them, but the tickets are all the same, standing.

Maybe this is the first gig you are going to, so it doesn't resonate as much with you.
    I go to plenty of gigs, and I have been monitoring what has been happening at lots of recent gigs. I would think anybody who goes to 100's of gigs would be very aware of the splitting up of standing areas. U2 had 3 standing areas, the best were more expensive. The rest the same price.

Coldplay had also had 3 pitch areas, all the same price, and 2 of those sections would have been preferable (i.e. could have charged more for them). Phil Collins and Robbie Williams had standing split and a price difference. GNR in slane had 3 standing sections, 2 sections dearer.

As it is pretty much the norm to have split areas I would have though people would be very vigilant about it.
    I was in the presale. As were many on a fan club I use, and none of them got Pitch 2 either. It was pure lottery and they only released the pitch 2 tickets in dribs and drabs, with very few in the presale.
    were they trying to get pitch 2 tickets, or were they similarly under the impression it made no difference.
    This is correct. Myself and mate going had no access to Pitch2 when we logged in first thing on the Thursday - so we bought Pitch1. A lad in work connected two hours later and got Pitch2.
    Sounds like Wooderson was aware of the difference and was going for pitch 2.
    Exactly the same. We got pitch 1. Didn't wanna wait as some presale people had seen no standing tickets at all available, so we went with them. A few hours later, Pitch 2 were suddenly available. Good old ticketbastard.
    It sounds very much like you were aware too... Otherwise what were you waiting for? if you thought there was no difference.

Christ almighty I thought you said you were gonna leave it, I'm not even reading your posts anymore so don't even bother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

weadick wrote: »
    Anyone remember this lot playing the Old Oak back in the early to mid 00's?

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/event/zoo-2-u2-experience/2017-09-30/

Great tribute band and unfortunately about as close as we will get to seeing U2 in Cork again I would say.

I saw them years ago in Cork ,and they were brilliant .
    One gig they almost sounded as good as the U2 albums they were that polished.
    The Opera House gig is all seated ,a pity ,I will still go though.

Christ almighty I thought you said you were gonna leave it, I'm not even reading your posts anymore so don't even bother!

hahaha, poor attempt at a cop-out, caught yourself out by inadvertly admitting you knew all along. Just as I expected.

As I said, I doubt a single person believed you utter BS lies. Anybody want to say they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

rubadub wrote: »
    hahaha, poor attempt at a cop-out, caught yourself out by inadvertly admitting you knew all along. Just as I expected.

As I said, I doubt a single person believed you utter BS lies. Anybody want to say they did?

Bored today Rubadub?

duty_calls.png

Like a dog with a bone, I'm not sure what he's trying to prove. Perhaps he designed the new standing and ticketing layout and is highly insulted I think it's crap and unfair. Bizarre really!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    this is last nights setlist for Rome night 2 and ill break it down too see where the possible lull will be
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Year's Day
    A Sort of Homecoming
    Pride (In the Name of Love)
    Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) [snippet]
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With Or Without You
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In God's Country
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill

Exit / Wise Blood (snippet)
    Mothers Of The Disappeared
    Miss Sarajevo

Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
    Elevation
    Vertigo / Live Forever (snippet)
    Mysterious Ways / Miss You (snippet)
    Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    One
    The songs starting with Exit and ending with Miss Sarajevo are the ones where the lull could happen imo and sum people may lose interest.

Same set as Berlin , Trust me there was NO lull.

Read reports the Italians were off the charts on their singing, have to see a U2 show there!!

Rubadub you come accross dead sound on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

RastaRed wrote: »
    The week before was better Coldplay(when they weren't a pop act)

They were always a pop act! Debut album straight to #1 and multiple times platinum

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Bored today Rubadub?
    just annoyed with pathetic blatant liars trying to belittle me. I hate being taken for an idiot, or seeing others being taken for an idiot.
    I'm not sure what he's trying to prove
    You proved yourself to be a complete liar, well done, your stupid slip-up was quite amusing really, everybody knew it anyway, but I did have a good giggle.
    Rubadub you come accross dead sound on here.
    Yep, sounder than someone lying to everyone and trying to brush it off, trying to make out all my friends to be complete morons. You obviously copped the pitch1/2 thing, everybody with half a brain did too. Sad to make his friends out to be morons too. I expect none were, he copped it too.

Fair enough if you do not agree with the system, I can see can see the pros & cons to both systems but I am ironically accused of sticking my head in the sand. Just want to call out a liar when I see one. I see you and nobody else has claimed you believed his BS, thanks be to god...

• Advertisement

What in the absolute fvck :pac:

Mods seriously?!

Advertisement