Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Dude, you must chill.
    The screen is supposed to be unreal, best viewed from a distance.
    I'm meeting my Pitch 2 pals at the barrier.
    They may decide to downgrade themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Rubadub I never once said I didn't cop the Pitch2 thing. Still hyped about the gig tho! One Tree Hill is gonna be v spesh to hear them perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

10:07 barely dark, how was London? The light show still good?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Read reports the Italians were off the charts on their singing, have to see a U2 show there!!

I was there! Yes it was amazing. As a proud Irishman I hate to say this but the Italians really put the Irish to shame when it comes to showing their love for U2. I think a big part of it is the age demographic. For some reason U2 still have a v young audience in Italy, I spotted as many teenagers as over-40's. Even before U2 came on stage there was a Mexican wave and a 'U - 2' chant like the Icelandic thunder clap. All through the concert they were on their feet and jumping about the place like mad yokes. Then there was the organised flash mob during With Or Without You which was an amazing spectical. What was most amazing to be was that they were that mad without drink - there was no queue at the bar!

Having said all that, before I knock the paddys any more, I was short change for the metro and had awful trouble trying to find an Italian who would help me out. The bs from Bono about the spiritual connection between the Irish and the Italians rang a bit hollow when I eventually had to 'swap' a fiver note for 2 quid off some fella! I'm pretty sure an Irishman in the same situation would have just given me the 2 euro! I know I would anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Majorly jealous! Must dig out the DVD of Vertigo tour Milan. Someday....someday!

• Advertisement

I wonder will a zero tolerance policy be enforced on Saturday when it comes to bringing bags into the stadium? I was at a match in the aviva a while back and it was chaos as the security tried to prevent anybody from bringing any bags into the ground. This meant that women with handbags and parents with small backbacks with drinks for their kids were told to simply dump them or they would not get in, even though they were searched. It was absolute madness and caused so much trouble that eventually they just had to leave people through.

However, I was at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday (which you would think would be as much of a target as Dublin) and the staff were quite lenient with bags. You were searched thoroughly, bottle tops, cans etc were taken, but then people were allowed through with anything up to medium sized bags. I saw people bringing big bags of packed lunches and litre bottles of water in with no hassle from staff at all. It contributed towards a very relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. Quite a contrast to the usual braindead Irish situation.

I'm almost sure I've seen warnings that no bags of any kind will be permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wooderson wrote: »
    Rubadub I never once said I didn't cop the Pitch2 thing.
    exactly!, I know, thats why I said
    rubadub wrote: »
    Sounds like Wooderson was aware of the difference and was going for pitch 2.
    rubadub wrote: »
    . You obviously copped the pitch1/2 thing, everybody with half a brain did too. Sad to make his friends out to be morons too. I expect none were, he copped it too..

Majorly jealous! Must dig out the DVD of Vertigo tour Milan. Someday....someday!

Yeah it was well worth it, it tied in with a bit of a holiday so worked out well in that sense.

I actually saw Guggi on the plane on the way back. Was tempted to say hello but said I would leave him alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

weadick wrote: »

I actually saw Guggi on the plane on the way back. Was tempted to say hello but said I would leave him alone.

Was it this plane .....:p

DEoqfG2XcAAU1BY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks like they are digging the pitch up !

eb23999dfc8d964abfa705c97073e3bb.jpg

b7d2206fd793ff5b5bd6f27f9a466cc2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Was it this plane .....:p

DEoqfG2XcAAU1BY.jpg

Grand for some!

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Grand for some!

I wish! It was a pov spec Ryanair flight from Ciampino. I suppose the lads didnt have time to drop him off in Dublin before playing Barcelona!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

eb23999dfc8d964abfa705c97073e3bb.jpg

They always do that when there are gigs on at Croker. That section gets a new bit of sod after the concerts. The grass came up straight after the Dubs/Kildare match on Sunday. It would get destroyed with the weight of the stage and the cranes and trucks that come in and out. The first of the trucks should be arriving in from Rome today.
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    ^ Dude, you must chill.
    The screen is supposed to be unreal, best viewed from a distance.
    I'm meeting my Pitch 2 pals at the barrier.
    They may decide to downgrade themselves.

I'm not sure you will be able to move from one section to the other. That's the whole thing about these divided sections. It's a safety thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ weadick;
    "I was there! Yes it was amazing. As a proud Irishman I hate to say this but the Italians really put the Irish to shame when it comes to showing their love for U2."

Thats probably because the Olympic stadium was full of Italians, Croke park will be full of Americans. Mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

poundhound wrote: »
    @ weadick;
    "I was there! Yes it was amazing. As a proud Irishman I hate to say this but the Italians really put the Irish to shame when it comes to showing their love for U2."

Thats probably because the Olympic stadium was full of Italians, Croke park will be full of Americans. Mark my words.

I'd imagine the home gigs would be a big one for the head the balls to travel to, ie. U2 brother.

Oh we've got our own head the balls too it seems ;)

But ya, since 2005 there's been a massive percentage of foreigners at U2 Dublin gigs, and they've diminished in quality crowd wise. Many there just to enjoy the spectacle but not sing or dance and take part, what makes the Italian shows so special.

Has anyone investigated U2Brothr's whereabouts this weekend? Whilst I admire his chutzpah, his fandom is a little selfserving.

I'd say he's never even listened to a full U2 album. Too busy making costumes and documentaries about himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

how you get them pics? as in is there somewhere we can keep tabs on the build?

• Advertisement

Just popped down by Croke Park on my morning walk.

16 trucks arrived in yesterday. Most of the trucks will arrive in on Friday.

The makings of a stage is up and there were a some cranes doing their thing on the pitch.

There were also 2 people standing at the Jones Road entrance and I am guessing that they might have been queuing.
    I wasn't going to go over and talk to them for fear that I might still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

lambayire wrote: »

The makings of a stage is up and there were a some cranes doing their thing on the pitch.

There were also 2 people standing at the Jones Road entrance and I am guessing that they might have been queuing.
    I wasn't going to go over and talk to them for fear that I might still be there.

What about the whole no queuing allowed rule?

I know.

They might just have been tourists but they were just standing around.
    It was a very odd spot to be standing.

Right down the laneway opposite the tyre centre.

I wonder where the die-hard (lunatic - my words) U2 fans will start forming their own magic queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I know.

They might just have been tourists but they were just standing around.
    It was a very odd spot to be standing.

Right down the laneway opposite the tyre centre.

I wonder where the die-hard (lunatic - my words) U2 fans will start forming their own magic queue?

Yea it is going to be messy, seems people where getting moved on for Coldplay, so who knows what will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Not sure if it has been posted already but a Spotify member has created the Joshua Tree set list. Good for getting in the mood for Saturday

https://open.spotify.com/user/121696628/playlist/4jpUeNiMgahRfNlAde3Shw

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If these people are queing for the show then they need too get serious help as its not healthy too be queing for a show that takes place in 3 days. Do these people not have Familes/jobs etc

heres a doc on that u2 brother lunatic, check out from 55.09-57.00 when the venue opens and we see him running like a child too get too the front row

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ah yea, but he is no Johnny Drama

Bono looks like he's mortified for the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

It must get qware annoying for Bono and the lads seeing the same people up the front row at every gig.

I was about 3 people back from the barrier for the second Dublin gig during the I&E tour. Standing over on Adam's side. Some girl was there waving some box and a poster/banner at Adam all night. Now towards the end, Adam's partner was there standing over to the side of the stage. She comes over and accepts the giftbox from her, it had all random sh!t in it like Barry's Tea and all sorts. Couldn't believe it. It was gas as Adam was doing his best to avoid eye contact with her all night - during certain songs he was right there in front of her about 10 feet away!

• Advertisement

U2 Brothr is a loon but a likeable loon.

Advertisement