Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JOEOLEARY

6TCJHB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

That no queuing rule will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

EyesClosed wrote: »

Same statement released for Springsteen. The reality couldnt have been further from the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

EyesClosed wrote: »

Should make for some good youtube footage anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yes, it seems the recording comes directly from the sound desk so it is someone counting them in. Makes sense when you think of it but not being in the music business I never thought of it before!

I was wondering the same about how many times it happens

There are U2 click tracks on youtube. Looks like Bono and Edge get counted in on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

starWave wrote: »
    There are U2 click tracks on youtube. Looks like Bono and Edge get counted in on everything.

They all do. Larry especially.
    They have to do it and need it. All the synth tracks they use, they have to keep time with them, otherwise the show would be a mess

Most bands use click tracks these days anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wooderson wrote: »
    Same statement released for Springsteen. The reality couldnt have been further from the truth.

I'm pretty sure the Gardai actively stopped people queuing for Coldplay .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm pretty sure the Gardai actively stopped people queuing for Coldplay .

any more pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

any more pics?

How I would love if the guards stopped the official u2 fans que

Think the crowd for Springsteen were allowed stay in the davin stand car park

• Advertisement

how you get them pics? as in is there somewhere we can keep tabs on the build?

I got them here
    http://www.u2start.com/topic/11042/84/12/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

People who queue for these gigs are a joke. Same people who queued outside HMV for a week before album releases back in the day !!

s8n wrote: »
    People who queue for these gigs are a joke. Same people who queued outside HMV for a week before album releases back in the day !!

In fariness, it's not for me and obviously not for you, but it's a bit unfair to call them jokes.

they have an interest and are passionate about it so leave them off.

I've no doubt there is something you are equally passionate about and wouldn't interest other people. Would that give them the right to call you a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Debating weather to splash out and get a ticket for Saturday on Seatwave.

I was at opening night in Vancouver and loved it.

Am I mad to spend 300 for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

In fariness, it's not for me and obviously not for you, but it's a bit unfair to call them jokes.

they have an interest and are passionate about it so leave them off.

I've no doubt there is something you are equally passionate about and wouldn't interest other people. Would that give them the right to call you a joke?

Jokes, that's my opinion. Life's too short to queue for five days to get front row

Gintonious wrote: »
    Debating weather to splash out and get a ticket for Saturday on Seatwave.

I was at opening night in Vancouver and loved it.

Am I mad to spend 300 for one?

Hold tight, there will definitely be a drop ,mostly side stage and decent seats in the next day or two.
    It's not looking like many standing tickets will be dropped though ,they released hardly any for Barcelona or Rome but lots of seats.
    Berlin and London had big drops in all categories though.

Yes
    There will be a drop ,mostly side stage and decent seats in the next day or two.
    It's not looking like many standing tickets will be dropped though ,they released hardly any for Barcelona or Rome.

You mean newly released ones? Where would they be announced? Not after standing tickets myself anyway, already done that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yes
    There will be a drop ,mostly side stage and decent seats in the next day or two.
    It's not looking like many standing tickets will be dropped though ,they released hardly any for Barcelona or Rome.

I'm not sure there will be.
    Past 3 times they've played here, I picked up tickets on the drop on the Monday before the gig.
    Also, they are only playing 1 night... and it's a Sat.
    Demand is massive and even if there was a drop, it would be very minor.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Past 3 times they've played here, I picked up tickets on the drop on the Monday before the gig.

Do you mean a drop in price or just a ticket drop, as in more tickets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Gintonious wrote: »
    Do you mean a drop in price or just a ticket drop, as in more tickets released.

More released on ticketmaster, but with no publicity.
    Could be due to cancellations or apparently once the stage is setup (or final submission is made), the local fire officer can deem the standing limits.
    I think the organizers always under estimate this figure, so they can then release more at last min.
    That's what I remember hearing about last time.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »

There will be a drop ,it's inevitable.
    Once the stage is up they will know what seats are to be added as side view and production holds.

Berlin and Barcelona were only one night ,big demand and they had drops .
    Barcelona dropped seats on the Friday ,gig was on Tuesday.
    Berlin dropped the day before as did London .
    Rome dropped on the Wednesday before the Sat gig.
    Of those gigs only Barcelona sold out the drops.
    Do you mean a drop in price or just a ticket drop, as in more tickets released

Extra tickets released by Ticketmaster

Thanks guys, ill hold tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Just back on the queuing thing. IME there are always people that will queue early.

Most recently, there were people queuing the night before Robbie Williams. They were moved on just after 9pm and told to come back at 7am the morning of the gig which they did and from that time on people were allowed queue until gates opened.

There was a numbers system set up by those at the top of the queue so that people could leave for a toilet/shop run but not lose their place etc.

For anyone who has pitch tickets for this Saturday I'd imagine something similar will happen as it has done for every other big standing concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Hey guys,

I've 2 spare pitch 1 tickets for the gig if anybody is interest. Selling for cost price of €82.85 (incl service charge) each. Selling as a pair.

You can pay me via paypal, Revolut or AIB-AIB bank transfer (feel free to suggest any other instant safe transfer).

Ticket's are e-tickets and pdf will be emailed as soon as the money is received.

PM me if interested.

First Come first serve.

Sold

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

Anyone remember those 2 lads that played in lagoona bar in the ifsc before the 3arena gigs???

Wouldn't mind seeing them again on Saturday if anyone knows if and where they may be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

dotsman wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I've 2 spare pitch 1 tickets for the gig if anybody is interest. Selling for cost price of €82.85 (incl service charge) each. Selling as a pair.

You can pay me via paypal, Revolut or AIB-AIB bank transfer (feel free to suggest any other instant safe transfer).

Ticket's are e-tickets and pdf will be emailed as soon as the money is received.

PM me if interested.

First Come first serve.

Hi, are they still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Can I be next in line if AS doesn't want them 😄
    dotsman wrote: »
    Hey guys,

PM me if interested.

First Come first serve.

Holding them for Arch_Stanton.

capefear wrote: »
    Can I be next in line if AS doesn't want them ��

I can make you 4th in line! 2 others PM'ed me prior to striking though my post!

Tickets now sold to arch_stanton.

Best of luck to everybody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

worth a shot :-) AS enjoy the gig

Advertisement