Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

The countdown really begins now...

I've never been to a gig in Croke Park before, only ever been to matches there. My plan is to get there early and head for the pit. Just wondering what the story is with alcohol / bars at the gig. If you're squeezed into the pit, are you able to make it to a bar with general ease or is it an ordeal as I'm imagining it will be! Typical Irish question, worrying about the booze :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If you have a pitch 1 ticket then don't rush! If you have a pitch 2 ticket you're already in the pit :P

I'd imagine there will be easy access to the stands bar where you enter if you have a pit ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

You'll only get into the pit area if you have a pit ticket.

From what I saw from up on high at Coldplay, you were not allowed to bring drink onto the pitch
    from the bars outside. You could, however, buy drink on the pitch

If you have a pitch 1 ticket then don't rush! If you have a pitch 2 ticket you're already in the pit :P

I'd imagine there will be easy access to the stands bar where you enter if you have a pit ticket

I have a pit 1 ticket... is that good or bad?! (in terms of seeing the band, not just the hooch :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

mrk75 wrote: »
    Yeah, Terry Lawless has been pretty much the unofficial fifth member for a number of tours now. He got a shout out a few times during the 360 tour and actually appeared on screen from his position in the "underworld" as they called it. I think it was during Miracle Drug (whey they were playing that). Or maybe it was the Vertigo tour.

It was during Unknown Caller, on the 360 tour :)

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    I have a pit 1 ticket... is that good or bad?! (in terms of seeing the band, not just the hooch :pac:)

I assume you have a Pitch 1 ticket?

That will NOT get you into the pit.

Look at the pitch map on Ticketmaster.
    Pitch 1 is the area behind the pit. About 20-30 yards from the stage.
    If you want to be at the front of that, then go early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Single seats on sale now

Edit: gone already!

lambayire wrote: »
    I assume you have a Pitch 1 ticket?

That will NOT get you into the pit.

Look at the pitch map on Ticketmaster.
    Pitch 1 is the area behind the pit. About 20-30 yards from the stage.
    If you want to be at the front of that, then go early.

Yeah, Pitch 1. Cool, that's good to know thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mrk75 wrote: »
    Saw an article on a U2 fan site this week suggesting there have been listening events for the new album during this tour. They seem to be inviting random fans to listen to the new songs - sometimes with some of the band present.

It went on to suggest 1 December 2017 as the release date and a tour next year. Willie Williams (show designer) also says in an Irish Times article today they'll be touring SoE next year.

Cool but not sure will I be able too justify paying such a high ticket price so soon but I'll think about it when/if the time comes. Tbh the setlists of the I&E Dublin 2 show and the setlist for this tour are ideal for me and not sure will they be topped in the future ???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CianDon wrote: »
    Hey Folks, have the set's on this tour all generally been around the 2 hour mark?? Im trying to suss bus time to get out of Dubland after the show so would I be right in expecting it to be over for about 10.30??

The garda site said 11pm

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=20882
    U2 Concert at Croke Park Stadium on Saturday, the 22nd July 2017.

Stiles Opening: 17.00hrs.
    Noel Gallagher: 19.00hrs.
    U2: 20.40hrs.
    Event Finish: 23.00hrs.
    I reckon they might go a bit longer seeing as its the only gig here they might break curfew and pay whatever penalties.

• Advertisement

I really do hope that some of these queuers have Pitch 1 tickets.

They will get an awful shock when they try to get into the Pitch 2 pit area.

I'm on my way down around Croker soon for my morning walk. Will take a wander around and see
    if there are any lurkers.

shudders just reading that. Ugh the stress involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Single seats on sale now

Edit: gone already!

Just on Ticketmaster there. I was offered one Seat in Section 704 Row Z for €110.00!! The back seats in the top tier of the Cusack Stand. Are they taking the piss????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PTH2009 wrote: »

gonna post there now :D

We started our own queue here didn't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Med101007 wrote: »
    Just on Ticketmaster there. I was offered one Seat in Section 704 Row Z for €110.00!! The back seats in the top tier of the Cusack Stand. Are they taking the piss????

I'm sure someone will gladly take them just to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'm sure someone will gladly take them just to be there.

Looks like someone did. None there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Seve OB wrote: »

Seems totally fair to me. Nothing worse than the sense of entitlement superfans tend to have (not just for U2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Great work Seve :D Expect an angry PM from U2Brothr or one of his cronies :P

Brillent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm on my way down around Croker soon for my morning walk. Will take a wander around and see
    if there are any lurkers.

Move them on and pass on Seve's circular on the Boards.ie queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I was offered one Seat in Section 704 Row Z for €110.00!! The back seats in the top tier of the Cusack Stand. Are they taking the piss????
    Looks like someone did. None there now.

Its up on Seatwave now for 242.90 euro plus fees :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Unreal.
    I guess the touts have copped onto the late drops also.

Move them on and pass on Seve's circular on the Boards.ie queue.

nobody obviously around. There was a suspicious looking bunch on Clonliffe Road but they might have been foreign students going about their day.

A lot more stage work done. Still cranes on the pitch.
    The remainder of the trucks are in tomorrow morning.

Stage area looks to be a lot bigger than the Coldplay one.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Thats crazy. The sooner Seatwave is abolished the better. There is someone trying to sell 2 Pitch 2 tickets on Seatwave now for €1125 each!!! Who do they think is going to buy these??

Stage area looks to be a lot bigger than the Coldplay one.

it's the biggest screen ever on any tour of any band... EVER!!

• Advertisement

Thats crazy. The sooner Seatwave is abolished the better. There is someone trying to sell 2 Pitch 2 tickets on Seatwave now for €1125 each!!! Who do they think is going to buy these??

ok, so for €4.5k I will quite happily sell my 4 pitch 2 tickets.

I'm a massive massive fan, but I'm not a fool either and that is a hell of a lot of dollar!!!!

Mind you, I'm not in the habit of making profits on tickets so I guess I'm stuck with them :D

Advertisement