Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Its up on Seatwave now for 242.90 euro plus fees :mad:

That's just scummy. Hope they get stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

B-But I thought FG's Noel "Rocky" Rock was gonna do away with Seatwave by last Paddy's day?

https://www.buzz.ie/news/td-vows-to-close-ticketmaster-resell-site-seatwave-in-weeks-after-u2-fiasco-220754

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It really is insane. I know a lad who would be a big enough fan but got over €1k on seatwave for 2 tickets to the last Dublin show. I slagged him off but he essentially paid for a holiday with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

There was a seat available in the lower Cusack on Ticketmaster think it was row Q, but it was a bit too steep for me, prices €196.25. Think i'll hold out for a pitch ticket if any becomes available....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seve OB wrote: »

seems someone thinks its a legit post -and sure why not, if the bit about hiding in the toilets was left out it would read like it was plausible.
    I've pitch 1 tickets for Saturday but hard to know what to say when you hear there's 400 already in that queue. I don't know if I want to laugh or cry. Suppose it's at least good to know

Even if people queue overnight Friday (If you fly in Friday or if you work) there's basically no chance of a rail. You're at best looking at a few rows out or behind red zone.

As someone who's done it many times down the years I respect those who queue and earn their spot but I also Kind of feel a bit sorry if I'm honest for people flying in, starting to queue on Friday - typically that would earn you a rail in other venues. At least people reading this will know what to expect now. Wow.

It's gonna be an amazing gig no matter where on the pitch you end up. It's a different show in different spots is all.

I wondered what was meant by this poster
    In Ireland some peoples approach to 'queuing' can be different to say the least
    -it is their approach which is different from any definition of queuing I ever heard of.

• Advertisement

Whoever mentioned upthread that this show seems to be very "word of mouth led" for tickets was spot on. Theres not many knockin' around that I'm aware of.

The band have dropped a bollick putting on one show.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

OK, so 2 people clearly saw the joke, but then this fella :D
    I've pitch 1 tickets for Saturday but hard to know what to say when you hear there's 400 already in that queue. I don't know if I want to laugh or cry. Suppose it's at least good to know

Even if people queue overnight Friday (If you fly in Friday or if you work) there's basically no chance of a rail. You're at best looking at a few rows out or behind red zone.

As someone who's done it many times down the years I respect those who queue and earn their spot but I also Kind of feel a bit sorry if I'm honest for people flying in, starting to queue on Friday - typically that would earn you a rail in other venues. At least people reading this will know what to expect now. Wow.

It's gonna be an amazing gig no matter where on the pitch you end up. It's a different show in different spots is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

OK, so 2 people clearly saw the joke, but then this fella :D

Somehow I don't think this will be the last. Wait til our friends across the Atlantic start waking up to the news that there are 400 in the queue already!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wooderson wrote: »
    Whoever mentioned upthread that this show seems to be very "word of mouth led" for tickets was spot on. Theres not many knockin' around that I'm aware of.

The band have dropped a bollick putting on one show.

Era the band couldn't care less .
    They could have added extra gigs in Ireland if they really wanted to ,the Aviva ,Pairc Ui Chaoimh .
    Pairc Ui Chaoimh is opening this weekend ,just in time ,it would have been a nice touch to play there .

They seem to have prioritised the Us for the tour ,they added secondary cities to the tour in the US like Kansas,Buffalo,New Orleans and they are struggling to shift tickets for them,certain sections will have to be covered off or tickets prices slashed nearer the gig ,they did this for Pittsburgh ,all upper seats were reduced to 35 dollars.

In contrast to that they are only playing a paltry 12 concerts for the whole of Europe .

lazer.blue wrote: »
    Somehow I don't think this will be the last. Wait til our friends across the Atlantic start waking up to the news that there are 400 in the queue already!

OK so maybe I was over estimating the 400.

I'm no. 1... who wants no 2 :D

• Advertisement

lambayire wrote: »
    You'll only get into the pit area if you have a pit ticket.

Or a pit wristband I'd imagine ;)

33920153663_7803f35ca7.jpg

s-l1600.png

So what colour will they be in Dublin I wonder ?

So any warm up pre shows on?

We are getting the train in from Castleknock so planning to meet up in Quinns with the others beforehand

33920153663_7803f35ca7.jpg

I got a yellow band in London. I was in Stadium shortly after doors opened but hung around having a few beers and only went to pitch after Noel started is set.

As I mentioned before, when I was wandering around, It looked like there was no pit at all and I did get quite close to stage, so I'm not sure if maybe there was a pit after all cause i did see those blue bands posted for London.

If there was no segregation why the seperate colours and I also read about some people even getting in before official door opening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Na, there was no pit in London. I went for a wander for a while after getting onto the pitch (mainly scoping out how my obstructed seats MAY look on Saturday) and after around 30 minutes of arsing around, I found a spot adjacent to the B stage around 20 feet away happy out.

So any warm up pre shows on?

We are getting the train in from Castleknock so planning to meet up in Quinns with the others beforehand

Might see you on the train :D only warm up is the clash of the ash, the mighty Banner v Tipp!

Might see you on the train :D only warm up is the clash of the ash, the mighty Banner v Tipp!

bleedin bogball........ the only thing that's good for is it gave us 3/4 of a stadium to host U2 concerts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Kinda getting worried how about this queue! Have pitch 2 tickets so would like to get a spot near the tree like I did at twickenham! I can queue from about lunchtime Saturday but not sure whether the other 2 I am going with will queue that early! Probably not even worth it if so many in queue already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Again, and I don't want to be banging on about it, you're only getting the wristband with a Pitch 2 ticket. No matter what time you arrive at.

Again, and I don't want to be banging on about it, you're only getting the wristband with a Pitch 2 ticket. No matter what time you arrive at.

everyone on pitch got a wristband at london, but there were different colours, seems early birds got blue

Yes but you can always make your own .... that's all I will say ;)

• Advertisement

Na, there was no pit in London. I went for a wander for a while after getting onto the pitch (mainly scoping out how my obstructed seats MAY look on Saturday) and after around 30 minutes of arsing around, I found a spot adjacent to the B stage around 20 feet away happy out.

what colour band did you get? what time did you go in at? were you at Twick 1 or 2?

everyone on pitch got a wristband at london, but there were different colours, seems early birds got blue

Yup, the blue lads were the ones that got in at 4.30 on the dot.

I was at Twick 2, and went in pretty much when they opened the gates after the blue lads went in. I got myself a yellow one.

Yup, the blue lads were the ones that got in at 4.30 on the dot.

so what did it get them different to the yellow ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Croke Park has 2 different ticketed areas.

2 different entry points.

And you cannot go from one area to the other.

This ain't Twickenham. It's the Dublin way and it has been like this all Summer for the big gigs.

lyoness wrote: »
    Kinda getting worried how about this queue! Have pitch 2 tickets so would like to get a spot near the tree like I did at twickenham! I can queue from about lunchtime Saturday but not sure whether the other 2 I am going with will queue that early! Probably not even worth it if so many in queue already :eek:

relax dude, it was a joke :D

so what did it get them different to the yellow ones?

Early 4.30 entry is all, I think. The red zone lads had a separate entrance. I was in the queue around 4 and a woman was roaring "unless youve got a blue band youre not getting in at 4.30" Ive no idea who or how these blue band people got them

Croke Park has 2 different ticketed areas.

2 different entry points.

And you cannot go from one area to the other.

This ain't Twickenham. It's the Dublin way and it has been like this all Summer for the big gigs.

i'm well aware.

so why bother give everyone a wristband in london? Now what I reckon is, people have mates in the stands. they go on the pitch and then bring out a pitch ticket of another friend to bring their stand mates into the pitch.

but by scanning the first time you go in, the ticket is now registered and cant be used again. by giving you a wristband, will allow you re-access though for when you go out to jacks etc.

Therefore I imagine everyone on pitch will get some kind of a wristband

Early 4.30 entry is all, I think. The red zone lads had a separate entrance. I was in the queue around 4 and a woman was roaring "unless youve got a blue band youre not getting in at 4.30" Ive no idea who or how these blue band people got them

ah so they must have got their bands outside while queing rather than on pitch entry after going through the gates like we did.

i think i read about 1,000 people or so

Any Pitch1 folks going to have a punt at the queue for the front pit?

• Advertisement

Doubtful, not guaranteed and will probably have a fight to get my mates in for just before Noel at best.

Going by the safety diagram it's clear Pitch 2 has a separate entry so there might not even be the chance to upgrade

Advertisement