Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Are there two different route entry (Green & Red) for Pitch 2 tickets or did I read that incorrectly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Veloce wrote: »
    Are there two different route entry (Green & Red) for Pitch 2 tickets or did I read that incorrectly?

I'm pretty sure they can use both routes up to the final step where they are redirected to the green entrance (looks like one point of entry)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Doubtful, not guaranteed and will probably have a fight to get my mates in for just before Noel at best.

Going by the safety diagram it's clear Pitch 2 has a separate entry so there might not even be the chance to upgrade

I'm with you JP. If this set up is anything like the 360 tour the space towards the back of the pitch will be significant.

3766310596_6320b0c9e8_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Wooderson wrote: »
    Any Pitch1 folks going to have a punt at the queue for the front pit?

Wouldn't be worth it,if you get turned away you'd have to go to back of the pitch 1 que.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

psychozeb wrote: »
    Wouldn't be worth it,if you get turned away you'd have to go to back of the pitch 1 que.

WHEN you get turned away

• Advertisement

Guarantee some people are going to chance their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

God I cant wait to stroll in with my Pitch 2 ticket at 8pm after watching the hurling and having a few tinnies down by the canal and get pretty much to the front. Oh the bliss of it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Of course they will. Plenty of that sh!te when on during the 360 tour as well. I was near the entrance to the Pit area and security let a ridiculous amount of people in right before U2 got up on stage. All because they knew their 'Pal' working security or whatnot.

Veloce wrote: »
    Of course they will. Plenty of that sh!te when on during the 360 tour as well. I was near the entrance to the Pit area and security let a ridiculous amount of people in right before U2 got up on stage. All because they knew their 'Pal' working security or whatnot.

This kinda nonsense grinds my gears mate.

CianDon wrote: »
    God I cant wait to stroll in with my Pitch 2 ticket at 8pm after watching the hurling and having a few tinnies down by the canal and get pretty much to the front. Oh the bliss of it all!!

But did you not see that warning " The Promoters and an Gardai Siochana reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone under the influence of alcohol.", surely a few tinnies will influence you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There are ways and means of getting onto the pitch .
    Buddy had a Davin stand ticket last week for Coldplay .
    He meandered down to a good empty seat near the stage and just as the band came on he hopped the barrier onto the pitch .

I've made Diy wristbands for U2 for past tours ,a guy on a U2 forum gave me all the colour of the bands he'd seen and I printed out a few of each .
    The best was Slane ,we put on our wristbands and in we went to the pit .:pac:
    I haven't been as organised this time and I have a Pitch 2 ticket so no need.

Sky looking quite broody out there now. Whats Saturday looking like peeps?

I've found the location of the Fanatics queue ,think I will tip off the Gardai :D
    Okay.. So for those of you who are so inclined in Dublin.. The "line" has started at Holy Cross College and Diocesen Centre. A friend just drove by and said they're on a bench.
    But I would CAUTION anyone who doesn't want to have their heart potentially broken on Saturday to consider abiding by the venues rules because they're not going to budge on this one. The locals are already shaking their heads at this fan-run line so you can be fairly assured that they're going to thumb their nose at it on Saturday. They're watching social media and Dublin is a small town in a big city so it's not going to fly under the radar. Numbers will not be given out until around 4pm on Saturday by the venue.
    So if you want to take a risk then go for it, but by everything I'm being told by the locals and from the venue...I think it's a BIG risk. I would recommend enjoying your time in Dublin until Saturday and then giving it a go. See you there, U2ers! ☺
    (And PS locals were not happy about this behavior during 360 and actually blocked traffic off. So I don't think this going to go well. Just follow the venues rules and stay orderly and we'll all have a great time and not be let

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Sound tent looks a fair bit up the pitch doesnt it?

My obstructed view lower Davin seat may not be as crap as I;d thought

0882948620fb1401065ff29ce901f2d33a151845cb45ae8b076fa38f6e4a801928297a79.jpg

The back of that pitch will be totally uninhabited.

The back of that pitch will be totally uninhabited.

Should this be the case (and it will, just look at the Twickenham videos) I have a fairly thick question that I know the answer to- but does anyone reckon you'd be able to get onto the pitch from the lower Davin, should the steward(s) be sound?

Should this be the case (and it will, just look at the Twickenham videos) I have a fairly thick question that I know the answer to- but does anyone reckon you'd be able to get onto the pitch from the lower Davin, should the steward(s) be sound?

Have my doubts pal. In 2009 (went all 3 nights) there was no egress possible.

IMO the back of the pitch is left with such space to enable controlled emergency evacuation from the stands.

So I've been avoiding this thread since I failed to get tickets to avoid being too envious...but my friend just said she has 2x tickets for Upper Hogan for €150 each...it's a lot of money for the upper stands but I've never been there for a gig before, does it seem worth it?

Have my doubts pal. In 2009 (went all 3 nights) there was no egress possible.

IMO the back of the pitch is left with such space to enable controlled emergency evacuation from the stands.

Which is proper order to be fair. I'm happy enough to be in the stadium.

Which is proper order to be fair. I'm happy enough to be in the stadium.

Same here pal. Can't think of a song I've longed for more than to hear One Tree Hill performed live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

So I've been avoiding this thread since I failed to get tickets to avoid being too envious...but my friend just said she has 2x tickets for Upper Hogan for €150 each...it's a lot of money for the upper stands but I've never been there for a gig before, does it seem worth it?

Which block?

Same here pal. Can't think of a song I've longed for more than to hear One Tree Hill performed live.

Exit for me! Was lucky enough to hear OTH at Slane.

Sky looking quite broody out there now. Whats Saturday looking like peeps?

Every report I've checked seems 90% dry with one or two light showers. It could show totally different tomorrow though. Earlier in the week it suggested heavy showers early on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

https://twitter.com/CrokePark/status/888005765608464384

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the difference in the tiles on the pitch will be the divide between
    Pitch 1 and Pitch 2.

Meaning Pitch 2 is quite a small area.

Exit for me! Was lucky enough to hear OTH at Slane.

The Point shows in '89?

If i could sit my arse against the front barrier of the sound/wheelchair tent/area I'd be made up!

The Point shows in '89?

Mad, I was sure I'd seen it at Slane :D I might have been thinking of Wake up Dead Man. So yes, OTH and Exit first time for me!

I think it was the first night (Friday?) for Springsteen last year where the pit was so jampacked it was nearly intolerable.

lambayire wrote: »

It could be but I think the different tiles near the stage are where they dug the pitch up .

Why does that sound tent need to be so high ,Coldplay's one was much smaller and more discreet as it was to the side.

• Advertisement

lambayire wrote: »
    Which block?
    Not sure, asking her for more details now. Any in particular to avoid?

Advertisement