Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Not sure, asking her for more details now. Any in particular to avoid?
    #U2 FANS! There's still time to tour @CrokePark while #TheJoshuaTreeTour2017 stage is being assembled! Book now: http://bit.ly/2uvPjvS @U2

A cheap way of getting in,do a tour tomorrow evening and hide in the jacks !

A cheap way of getting in,do a tour tomorrow evening and hide in the jacks !
    Hahaha I've other things to be doing Saturday afternoon than hiding in a toilet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

It could be but I think the different tiles near the stage are where they dug the pitch up .

Why does that sound tent need to be so high ,Coldplay's one was much smaller and more discreet as it was to the side.

It looks like it's the exact same place as Twickenham from the later picture, which does not bode well for me. I took a look before I went to my spot last Sunday in London and it most certainly impedes the view from where I think Im seated!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

It could be but I think the different tiles near the stage are where they dug the pitch up .

Why does that sound tent need to be so high ,Coldplay's one was much smaller and more discreet as it was to the side.

It looks like it's the exact same place as Twickenham from the later picture, which does not bode well for me. I took a look before I went to my spot last Sunday in London and it most certainly impedes the view from where I think Im seated!
    I think Twickenham had the section of seats that would have had their views impeded by the tent actually vacant because there was a large gap in the stand facing the stage. This was particularly evident at the point in the show where a giant flag is passed around the audience. The people at one side of the gap had to walk over with it to pass it to the folks at the far side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Mad, I was sure I'd seen it at Slane :D I might have been thinking of Wake up Dead Man. So yes, OTH and Exit first time for me!

Last time played here:

Streets 28/11/15 O2 Dublin
    WOWY 28/11/15 O2 Dublin
    Bullet 28/11/15 O2 Dublin
    Still Havent Found 27/7/09 Croker
    Running 27/6/05 Croker
    One Tree Hill 31/12/89 Point Dublin
    Trip 8/8/87 Pairc Ui Chaoimh
    God's 8/8/87 Pairc Ui Chaoimh
    Exit 8/8/87 Pairc Ui Chaoimh
    Red Hill -
    Mothers -

• Advertisement

lambayire wrote: »
    Which block?
    Ok so it's block 727 seat n31, thoughts? Only ever been standing or lower stand in Croke Park so I've no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Wooderson wrote: »
    The back of that pitch will be totally uninhabited.
    Yeah, not the worst spot to be in either. Retreated back there to watch the encore section of the gig at Twickenham and it was great. Plenty of room, no-one to annoy you and you still felt part of the gig while being able to take in the whole spectacle.

The screen is possibly more impressive back there too...

A Sort of Homecoming last played here at Slane in '01 of course. I fully expect this to get a runout on Saturday. Sadly I think that means no "Bad".

Ok so it's block 727 seat n31, thoughts? Only ever been standing or lower stand in Croke Park so I've no idea!

Thats in the Canal end.

*EDIT*

I tell a lie, its not. That seat will offer a super view.

Ok, sounds promising! I'm more concerned about sound after hearing people in the upper stand complained after the Springsteen gigs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

The screen is massive by the way, Piratequeen.

Veloce wrote: »
    The screen is massive by the way, Piratequeen.
    Yeah I've seen pictures from their other gigs, looks hard to miss :P Just don't want to pay 150 for ****e sound

Ok, sounds promising! I'm more concerned about sound after hearing people in the upper stand complained after the Springsteen gigs!

Mhmm. That seat offers a great "view" ;).

Looks like this is a "one time only" chance to hear some of these songs in Dublin. Couple won't be played here again anytime soon - if ever.

Depends how much you like the record I spose.

mrk75 wrote: »
    I think Twickenham had the section of seats that would have had their views impeded by the tent actually vacant because there was a large gap in the stand facing the stage. This was particularly evident at the point in the show where a giant flag is passed around the audience. The people at one side of the gap had to walk over with it to pass it to the folks at the far side.

I think the same seats werent available here. I noticed in London people could move freely to vacant seats for the B stage performances (the only time I really looked back to see them) so hopefully if needs be, people can move to a free seat if it means getting a better view (within reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

A Sort of Homecoming last played here at Slane in '01 of course. I fully expect this to get a runout on Saturday. Sadly I think that means no "Bad".

They could either add another song to the mini list before the JT set, or else just push Bad to the encore(more likely)

Mhmm. That seat offers a great "view" ;).

Looks like this is a "one time only" chance to hear some of these songs in Dublin. Couple won't be played here again anytime soon - if ever.

Depends how much you like the record I spose.
    Ah, gonna have a chat with the OH, supposed to be saving for holidays next month so might not be worth 150 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Someone just bought a Pitch 2 ticket for €680 plus fees on SW :mad:

There's a cheaper one there. Not sure why they didn't buy that. The person looking for over a grand a ticket either reduced them to €800 or sold them :eek:

Shows like this, the armchair touts don't have to reduce the price as it get's closer. 83 tickets left. There were almost 200 a few days ago. People are getting desperate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Anyone else think this tour is a goodbye tour in disguise? It just felt like that in twickers. Bono was very relaxed and there was good banter between the band... just the feeling I got very different to other concerts (sat will be my 15th)

lyoness wrote: »
    Anyone else think this tour is a goodbye tour in disguise? It just felt like that in twickers. Bono was very relaxed and there was good banter between the band... just the feeling I got very different to other concerts (sat will be my 15th)

At no point did that cross my mind, but it was only my 3rd time so I wouldn't be as learned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Some Cusack Upper single tickets released there....................if you want to sing with the seagulls!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Anybody know prices of merch in Europe and tourbook are they the same as U2 store.what are the chances of a Dublin event shirt?

At no point did that cross my mind, but it was only my 3rd time so I wouldn't be as learned

Or as old maybe :D
    #1 was Croker 30 years ago I was 12 and my Mam brought me! We were in the hogan stand and I was dying to get down on the pitch where my older sister was! That was the start lol

psychozeb wrote: »
    Anybody know prices of merch in Europe and tourbook are they the same as U2 store.what are the chances of a Dublin event shirt?

My Tshirt was £25 in twickenham

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Just managed to get 1 at 4:25pm Section UPP704, at this stage I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Single tickets €110 available on tickmaster now ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Some Cusack Upper single tickets released there....................if you want to sing with the seagulls!!!!

€110 :eek:

Pitch tickets were cheaper.

CUSACK STAND - UPPER TIER
    Sec UPP708, Row U

Thought they were the cheap seats?

Ah, gonna have a chat with the OH, supposed to be saving for holidays next month so might not be worth 150 :(
    ah bit the bullet & took the tickets....missed them last time they were here and it's a once in a lifetime sort of deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Wheety wrote: »
    €110 :eek:

Pitch tickets were cheaper.

CUSACK STAND - UPPER TIER
    Sec UPP708, Row U

Thought they were the cheap seats?

Yeah I thought so, was tempted but when I saw the location and then the price, I opted out, might wait for a Pitch ticket to drop instead :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

miketv wrote: »
    Just managed to get 1 at 4:25pm Section UPP704, at this stage I'll take it!

I'm in that section as well. Starting to worry about the height!! Anyone here been up that section before? I'm in Row D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wheety wrote: »
    Someone just bought a Pitch 2 ticket for €680 plus fees on SW :mad:

There's a cheaper one there. Not sure why they didn't buy that. The person looking for over a grand a ticket either reduced them to €800 or sold them :eek:

Shows like this, the armchair touts don't have to reduce the price as it get's closer. 83 tickets left. There were almost 200 a few days ago. People are getting desperate. :(

It wouldnt surprise me if Ticketmaster are delaying the bigger drops until they have sold off their allocation on Seatwave .

Advertisement