Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Curious why Dublin is the only venue with a segregated page (pitch 1 and 2)?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Im going solo simply didnt have the money too buy more than 1 and nobody would pay the ticket price

Been solo too a number of events in Dublin, its not that bad you can take your time, decide what too do etc. Obv the more the merrier but why miss an awsome experience cause you dont want too be a loner ???

Echo this I go to loads of gigs, festivals on my own. Always have a great time, can do whatever you want and don't have to worry if the people with you are enjoying themselves or not. Always end up talking to people anyway.

When I lived in London ended up going out on my own all the time. Fell in with a group of lads in a band with a lot of connections which led to me going semi-professional in music now. None of that would have happened if I hadn't gone out on my own.

It's lonely at the top :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

hi guys long time reader first time poster! bit the bullet and bought a ticket for saturday! anyone else in a position where everyone else they know missed out on tickets and your travelling solo lol

To be honest, a lot of the best gigs I've been to have been alone. No worries except you and the lovely people singing at you. I go to most gigs alone, because if I didn't, I'd never get to see anyone!

You'll end up talking to loads of people anyway. Was in Twickenham alone and U2 fans are a sound bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

poundhound wrote: »
    Curious why Dublin is the only venue with a segregated page (pitch 1 and 2)?.

We have gone very safety conscious at big events.

I'd say it goes right back to the Smashing Pumpkins gig at The Point in 1996.
    The standing area became over full with folk who should not have been there and a fan was crushed to death.

I know that's 21 years ago now but the organisers finally seem aware of their responsibilities. At the original Joshua Tree gig in Dublin I had a Cusack Stand ticket but ended up right at the front. The crush was too much for this then 15 year old and I got pulled out by security. There is a bit towards the start of The World In Action U2 documentary where you can see the crowd swaying at the front. I returned to my seat and enjoyed the gig from up there.

Apart from the presale ticket fiasco with pitches 1 & 2, I really don't get the issue that folk have with this. The multi-area thing worked very well at Robbie Williams and Coldplay. There was no movement allowed between the various areas.

Personally, I'm long gone past the whole queue thing. I did it once for U2 at Popmart. Never again. I find the whole fanatic thing very creepy. Following a band over a tour is just nuts. You are getting the same show every night. Maybe 2 different songs night on night. I have a family member who has followed The Who all over America. She is deluded. And I'd love to know what U2 make of seeing the same faces every night? I'd be freaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

lambayire wrote: »
    I have a family member who has followed The Who all over America. She is deluded.

Greatest band of all time so completely understandable. :) Can we swap relatives? :)

• Advertisement

Greatest band of all time so completely understandable. :) Can we swap relatives? :)

Oh yeah, you can have her alright. She has the bit of Eminem's Stan about her though. Be warned! :)

And it's not that she follows The Who around America. It's that she follows a band around America.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

i got lucky with my ticket but no one else i know will pay €150+ at this stage when they are only casual fans, hoping to get up and a good spot for Noel G! Weather forecast is for showers on sat

Lot of people have been caught short with the "week of the gig" ticket availability. Theres not a schniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/36809-croke-park-queuing-ga-lines-and-other-stuffs/?do=findComment&comment=1096121

The leader of the group is staying in the croke park hotel and is handing out numbers and taking names. No queing you get your number and leave

madness

Wonder who has No. 1 in his list :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I got through to 'processing order' on TM this morning just after 9am, but got no tickets left page... no site appears down as error messages given.
    Anyone have any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I got through to 'processing order' on TM this morning just after 9am, but got no tickets left page... no site appears down as error messages given.
    Anyone have any luck?

Yeah here too, just getting a "please hold" message on screen, interesting to note that it didnt show the tickets but went straight through to processing stage..hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Razorfish

Just got 2 tickets on ticketmaster for the Davin stand 721 !! Thought I had missed out !! There is a God. Keep trying. They must be dropping tickets periodically in very very low quantities. I've been trying constantly since yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looking pretty good for tomorrow (aggregated from multiple weather providers).

FgwpmXa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

Razorfish wrote: »
    Just got 2 tickets on ticketmaster for the Davin stand 721 !! Thought I had missed out !! There is a God. Keep trying. They must be dropping tickets periodically in very very low quantities. I've been trying constantly since yesterday morning.

Very good!. Did you use the Desktop version or the Mobile app?

Were the tickets full price, side view or obstructed view tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Razorfish

danny29 wrote: »
    Very good!. Did you use the Desktop version or the Mobile app?

Were the tickets full price, side view or obstructed view tickets?

Was on desktop version. Full price was the selection chosen on ticketmaster. I went between searching for 1 or 2 tickets but the successful search this morning I chose 2 tickets. Been trying since yesterday morning. Hope others get some tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Razorfish wrote: »
    Was on desktop version. Full price was the selection chosen on ticketmaster. I went between searching for 1 or 2 tickets but the successful search this morning I chose 2 tickets. Been trying since yesterday morning. Hope others get some tickets.

When I click on the "view tickets" button, it goes to the search page, but then after a second redirects to a page where it says "tickets are not currently on sale". Anyone else getting this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So sick i cant get a ticket for this, only time ill fail to see them in Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Dcully wrote: »
    So sick i cant get a ticket for this, only time ill fail to see them in Ireland :(

Keep KEEP refreshing. It worked for others above, and worked for me in 2015!

Just been down to Croke Park.

Pitch 2 is at 240 in the queue.

Pitch 1 has 30 or so listed.

you have to check back later on this evening.

They are dedicated, I'll say that for them.
    And all foreign, not that it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

There is going to be a great atmosphere in the city this weekend. Even the Zooropa tribute band in the button factory is sold out tonight. As others have said, keep trying on ticketmaster and you might get lucky. It worked for me yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

I've given up all hope of getting a ticket now.

I wouldn't give a scalper my money. Parasites is all they are!

good luck to the rest of ye looking for a ticket on here. fingers crossed something happens for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dedicated is one word ,I can think of many others .

It's sad that in U2's home town that this group of selfish foreigners who seem to go to all the concerts take it upon themselves to defy the rules in place by the promoter and residents.
    Creating their own queue with their own rules ,this stuff has to stop .
    They are all fruitcakes ,they obviously have nothing better to do with their lives than this nonsense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

They are deluded, Irish people will turn up and queue and anyone that turns up after them will be behind them in the queue regardless of what number they think they have. This idea of fans organizing their own system and trying to make everyone else fall in line simply won't work unless it is enforced by Croke Park security or by the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

adrian522 wrote: »
    They are deluded, Irish people will turn up and queue and anyone that turns up after them will be behind them in the queue regardless of what number they think they have. This idea of fans organizing their own system and trying to make everyone else fall in line simply won't work unless it is enforced by Croke Park security or by the band.

Security have told them that they will allow them in first .
    Its pure nonsense ,anyone with a Pitch 2 ticket will have a great view irrespective of what time they turn up .
    If you turn up at 6 you'd probably get withing the first 10 rows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They can get quite nasty too. One guy on atU2 got awful abuse cos he had the cheek to stand up to them in a queue for a US show. He was there from early morning, and of course the magic number crew arrived claiming he had skipped the line(when they were probably in bed dreaming of queuing at U2 shows). They threatened him and all. Luckily the stadium staff ignored their stupid numbering and the guy stood his ground.

Pathetic bunch of self entitled weirdos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Der Stier

Dedicated is one word ,I can think of many others .

It's sad that in U2's home town that this group of selfish foreigners who seem to go to all the concerts take it upon themselves to defy the rules in place by the promoter and residents.
    Creating their own queue with their own rules ,this stuff has to stop .
    They are all fruitcakes ,they obviously have nothing better to do with their lives than this nonsense.

They were at the same nonsense for the Springsteen concert last year , if they just invent their own Q how is it not stopped ? can't it be regulated by security ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This was from a U2 fan forum on the queuing that went on in Boston...
    I was at the show last night and the GA line was a fiasco. I arrived at 1pm and walked up to where the Gillette stadium website said the GA line would be forming. I was told that the line wouldn't start until 2:30. My wife and I were fine with that so we went and had lunch and a few drinks. At 2:30 we returned to discover only 7 people on the line and we joined it. The line grew to about 50 people by 3:00. At that time people started showing up with numbers written on their hands with sharpies. They demanded to be put at the front of the line, and a few of them tried to force their way to the front. Security repeatedly told them that their numbers were meaningless and to join the back of the line. A bunch of these people were complaining to me that they'd been in line since Thursday and that I should let them in front of me. My wife and I refused to move and said "if you had been in line since Thursday you would be in front of me because I got here at 2:30 today". Some of them actually started crying. I kept telling them that if I was a member of a closed facebook group I would have known to check in 2 times a day at a Dunkin Donuts located 2 miles from the venue. They had no answer for that. Some of these idiotic "line leaders" would try to act like they were with the band or security and tell me I had to move because I didn't have a number on my hand. Gillette security stood firm and said that the line formed at 2:30 and the numbers were meaningless. One of them said "I can buy a sharpie and put a 1 on my hand, but that doesn't mean I'm first on line". At around 4:00 Gillette security changed its tune and ordered anyone without a number to the back of the line. My wife and I protested and said that we were told that the numbers were meaningless and now we are being told the opposite. We were told that there is nothing we can do and the decision has been made to honor the numbers. Apparently the entitled assholes convinced someone that they belonged in the front of the line. My wife and I didn't cry, carry on, or threaten violence. We just moved to the back of the line. When the gates opened we just calmly walked to the main stage and got a spot directly in front of Bono with only 1 person in front of us.
    The show was excellent. I'm not sure that I've ever had a better time at a U2 show. Oh, and to the guy who is bragging about his drumstick and setlist collection, I have a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful daughters. Top that, asshole.

Der Stier wrote: »
    They were at the same nonsense for the Springsteen concert last year , if they just invent their own Q how is it not stopped ? can't it be regulated by security ?

It would appear that security are assisting them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I hope some rough as foooook proper Northsiders clash with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

adrian522 wrote: »
    This was from a U2 fan forum on the queuing that went on in Boston...

last line....... brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I hope some rough as foooook proper Northsiders clash with them!

We'll all tune into Joe Duffy on Monday to hear it so :D

Advertisement