Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Sales

13»

Comments

What if the staff don't want all that time off but are forced to take it? That's a lot of annual leave or unpaid time off. What if you don't celebrate Christmas?

Not everyone wants all the days off that people here are insisting that they should be getting.

Come on who doesn't want time off at Christmas. I have two weeks off every year at Christmas and it's not enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Come on who doesn't want time off at Christmas.

Maybe people who are paid by the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Come on who doesn't want time off at Christmas. I have two weeks off every year at Christmas and it's not enough.

Personally speaking I'd rather time off in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Don't next have staff there all night prepping the items to go out on sale?

Personally speaking I'd rather time off in the summer.

I have that too (well I've lots of annual leave and can take it when I want) but if I had to choose I'd much prefer time off at Christmas as all my friends and family are also off so much nicer and easier to spend time with people. I also love Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

Are people not seriously sick of shopping??? The best bargain i ever bought was my couch years ago so i can sit my ass down on it this time of year! queuing in the cold for some poxy jacket is insane! I have lord of the rings to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Planned on hitting Galway today. Purely because the weather is nice. Woke up this morning and decided "nah, there's nothing I want" and went back to sleep. I hate shops. I prefer pubs, but they are not an option as I'm driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Get a different job so. Why should a business open where it won't have much business.

It seems retail staff can't win. They have to work, they should get a different job. They have to take time off, they should get a different job.

If they won't have much business during the post Christmas sales then they might as well shut up shop altogether, never mind just for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

You are aware that not everyone celebrates Christmas aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I would love to have had the will power to get of my arse and go shopping early this morning. Too wrecked though.

Need a few pairs of jeans and other bits and bobs. But could not be going out when the crowds arrive. Just not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

As much as I love Christmas Eve and Christmas day, I can't stand the rest of it. It goes on far too long and I crave a bit of normality.

In terms of people who have to work Stephens day, some mind it, some don't. The whole build up to it is stressful, and being in the house for days on end would bore the arse off you. I for one am grateful that some places are open on Stephens day and days that follow.

There I said it. I like the shops being open. Saying that around here you might as well have kicked a puppy in the face. But I'm not taking it back :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

queuing in the cold for some poxy jacket is insane! I have lord of the rings to watch!

Id rather queue for 9 hours in the freezing cold, than watching that shte!!!!

Advertisement