Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return damaged case to Mindfactory?

Options
  • 26-12-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭

Ordered a PC case from mindfactory.de and it arrived damaged and needs to be replaced. What is mindfactory.de's return process?

I've left a callback request on their system and am waiting for that. I see there is some sort fo return form on the order page but the form is in German (using Chrome to translate the site) and I don't know what information it is looking for or if it applies to damaged goods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john0272

Wait for them to call you back. You should also send them an email just to make sure you have a written proof that you've contacted them on time after receiving the case.
    Take pictures of the damaged case and package for proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Bad time to be contacting CS, as everywhere is closed. It may even be the new year before they get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Cases and PSUs I'd always recommend buying from Amazon. It's just too easy for them to turn up damaged. Just for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Cases and PSUs I'd always recommend buying from Amazon. It's just too easy for them to turn up damaged. Just for future reference.
    its a lot of pain in the a$$ to return case either-way no matter where you get it.Had tower from amazon,just to notice few days later side window was cracked - instead of getting just panel returned it was full case,at the end cut out new myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

scamalert wrote: »
    its a lot of pain in the a$$ to return case either-way no matter where you get it.Had tower from amazon,just to notice few days later side window was cracked - instead of getting just panel returned it was full case,at the end cut out new myself.

Amazon have frequently done in transit exchanges for me, you can reach customer services 24/7/365 and it's a printed label and into any post office in Ireland. I dunno if mindfactory is as easy or easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

You have to pay for return postage, they won't pay for it so with a case the cost to return might be prohibitive. I had to do it last December with a motherboard. I returned it for a refund and bought from amazon.

Assuming the page is auto translated in your Chrome browser, If you want to return, click on "return" at bottom of their homepage and then click on "start the back end assistant". You'll then be able to select the item to return and what you want them to do for you, replace or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Thanks for all your responses.
    superg wrote: »
    You have to pay for return postage, they won't pay for it so with a case the cost to return might be prohibitive. I had to do it last December with a motherboard. I returned it for a refund and bought from amazon.

Assuming the page is auto translated in your Chrome browser, If you want to return, click on "return" at bottom of their homepage and then click on "start the back end assistant". You'll then be able to select the item to return and what you want them to do for you, replace or refund.

They called me back and talked me through that process. The guy on the phone though said that I would get a refund for postage. I think I will email them for written confirmation.
    I also chose replacement on the form, I thought the other option was for credit only (i.e. store credit)?

Advertisement