Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 19 Transfer thread - Bring back Aguero?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Costa or Aguero? :)

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Harry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Costa & Ali
    Or
    Aguero & Philips

Very difficult choice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cedric bombing on

dahat wrote: »
    Costa & Ali
    Or
    Aguero & Philips

Very difficult choice....

Costa and Ali both have great fixtures next weekend anyway

km79 wrote: »
    Costa and Ali both have great fixtures next weekend anyway

Think I'll go with them with the safety of an incoming wildcard if Aguero is needed ASAP.

I cannot see how slot of teams in my league can afford Aguero without a WC so even if he drops a haul vs Pool I should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    Going to bank I think and then do Payet & Kane to Aguero & Lallana next week.

Might need to rethink this depending on how Kane does in the 2nd half here. Might do Kane to Costa before the rise/drop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Kane to Aguero done, had the exact cash in the bank to do it.

What's the panic with Kane to costa /aguero ?
    Both are price locked
    Kane nowhere near a drop tonight !
    Calm down will ye so I can think about it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Kane to Lukaku and Walker to Alonso done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

km79 wrote: »
    What's the panic with Kane to costa /aguero ?
    Both are price locked
    Kane nowhere near a drop tonight !
    Calm down will ye so I can think about it :D

Just did 3 transfers and ended up with a frontline of Aguero,Costa and Zlatan.Mata to Philips freed up the funds. 8 point hit.......now should I hit Confirm Transfers?

Transfers done, -4 ....

Costa and Ali in, very very likely to downgrade Hazard to Pedro soon as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kane to Lukaku done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I don't usually ask ye to tell me what to do....but I'm a bit distracted lately, in a good way, and a bit tired of a run of below average luck.

Here my thoughts. Anyone see a better plan?

Heaton, no Pickford.
    Cedric, Brunt, Alonso, Chambers, Amat.
    Sanchez, Hazard, Eriksen, Snoddy, De Roon
    Aguero, Kane, Origi.

Gk...low priority. Heaton every week for now.

Defence. Happy with it. Solid and not too expensive. WBA amd Soton with nice fixtures ahead.

Mids. Snoddy the biggest problem. But with pens and 2 decent fixtures after Everton at home he can stay. Biggest worry is a Jan move but hopefully he gets those 3 games and wants to be in shop window!
    Downgrading Haz to Pedro for the extra cash was on my radar and makes sense I think. But has to wait a week now. Eriksen I'm not overly attached to but no rush with a good fixture next.

Forwards. Origi is probably my biggest problem. Followed by Kane but with Watford next I'm open to holding.

I'm leaning towards banking and maybe 3 transfers for -4 the week after.

See how Aguero plays and how they look like managing his minutes. Give the Spurs lads a crack at Watford. Hope Origi plays 60+ against City.

From there I am still tempted to go the Aguero/Costa/Ibra plan because (a) it will be a differential and (b) it's my style and would be fun. I'd look at a midfield of Pedro, JRod, Snoddy (or other sub 5.5) and Sanchez.

If not going that way its Costa v Aguero. Their fixtures from 20 to 24 say Aguero. Gametime security says Costa. Chelsea are prob unlikely to score more than a goal or 2 in 4 of those those 5, so 8 to 10 point likely ceiling for Costa, although could get a haul vs Hull??? Aguero on pens vs Burnley and Swansea at home. Tough call. Hence the temptation for the super 3 up front!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Vertonghan to Ward.

Thinking of downgrading Hazard to Pedro soon also.

Need to get rid of Pickford and Zaha tho.

FHFC wrote: »
    I don't usually ask ye to tell me what to do....but I'm a bit distracted lately, in a good way, and a bit tired of a run of below average luck.

Heaton, no Pickford.
    Aguero, Kane, Origi.

Defence. Happy with it. Solid and not too expensive. WBA amd Soton with nice fixtures ahead.

Mids. Snoddy the biggest problem. But with pens and 2 decent fixtures after Everton at home he can stay. Biggest worry is a Jan move but hopefully he gets those 3 games and wants to be in shop window!
    Downgrading Haz to Pedro for the extra cash was on my radar and makes sense I think. But has to wait a week now. Eriksen I'm not overly attached to but no rush with a good fixture next.

Forwards. Origi is probably my biggest problem. Followed by Kane but with Watford next I'm open to holding.

See how Aguero plays and how they look like managing his minutes. Give the Spurs lads a crack at Watford. Hope Origi plays 60+ against City.

From there I am still tempted to go the Aguero/Costa/Ibra plan because (a) it will be a differential and (b) it's my style and would be fun. I'd look at a midfield of Pedro, JRod, Snoddy (or other sub 5.5) and Sanchez.

If not going that way its Costa v Aguero. Their fixtures from 20 to 24 say Aguero. Gametime security says Costa. Chelsea are prob unlikely to score more than a goal or 2 in 4 of those those 5, so 8 to 10 point likely ceiling for Costa, although could get a haul vs Hull??? Aguero on pens vs Burnley and Swansea at home. Tough call. Hence the temptation for the super 3 up front!!

Short answer is...

Everyone's wildcard will start with Super 3 and work back from there IMO.

• Advertisement

Short answer is...

Everyone's wildcard will start with Super 3 and work back from there IMO.

Do you think that many will go super 3? Woulda thought many would look at it and baulk at the midfield and defence sacrifices, given Agueros questionable value for money....

I can do the above in 4 transfers, no wildcard. Could have Aguero back for Burnley in 2, meaning holding Origi for Sunderland (a) while Costa has Spurs (a).

I could also ditch both my Spurs this week for a hit and get Aguero and JRod! Hardly makes sense though.

^^^^^

Alli would be first out to allow me to get Aguero in but it feels like a stupid thing to do. I also have to work out if Willian or Pedro are first choice. I know I'm in the minority thinking it's gonna be Willian - in time.

Anybody know the story with Mandanda's injury as I wanna bring him in before Heaton faces City.

^^^^^

Alli would be first out to allow me to get Aguero in but it feels like a stupid thing to do. I also have to work out if Willian or Pedro are first choice. I know I'm in the minority thinking it's gonna be Willian - in time.

Anybody know the story with Mandanda's injury as I wanna bring him in before Heaton faces City.

I could also happily live with just Costa as Chelsea attack coverage tbh. But Pedro at 7.0 is mad value if nailed. Hope you are wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

^^^^^

Mandanda scheduled to be back in a few weeks I think. Big Sam may favour Hennessey though.

Do you think that many will go super 3? Woulda thought many would look at it and baulk at the midfield and defence sacrifices, given Agueros questionable value for money....

I can do the above in 4 transfers, no wildcard. Could have Aguero back for Burnley in 2, meaning holding Origi for Sunderland (a) while Costa has Spurs (a).

I could also ditch both my Spurs this week for a hit and get Aguero and JRod! Hardly makes sense though.

433 will tempt many a wildcarder , easier for the 3 in then I think.

Not looked in great detail but I'm sure it's manageable with a mid of Pedro, Philips, Ali and De Roon.

With the front 3 you won't need a captain from any midfield player so cheap & form players will fit.

• Advertisement

Mandanda scheduled to be back in a few weeks I think. Big Sam may favour Hennessey though.

I'd read Mandanda back for January 14th.

Think I'll gamble on Hennessey as he might keep his place.

Burnley have a few upcoming stinkers so I want an option over Heaton.

433 will tempt many a wildcarder , easier for the 3 in then I think.

Not looked in great detail but I'm sure it's manageable with a mid of Pedro, Philips, Ali and De Roon.

With the front 3 you won't need a captain from any midfield player so cheap & form players will fit.

Needs Sanchez though. The 433 doesn't work well with Sanchez.

Needs Sanchez though.

Or a Walcott, that will.keep some happy for Arsenal cover as mad as that seems.

If I go with the big 3, Sanchez and a Pedro or Willian I'll have between 5.5 and 6.0 mil for my 4th midfielder.

Think I'd be happy jumping on the weekly cheapo midfielder bandwagon as haven't done it before.

Or lash in Townsend or a fit Bournemouth like Stanislas (like him but injury prone). There are decent options now for a starting cheap 4th midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'd read Mandanda back for January 14th.

Think I'll gamble on Hennessey as he might keep his place.

Burnley have a few upcoming stinkers so I want an option over Heaton.

upcoming stinkers ?

That reads to me like save points and penalty saves! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Aguero (c) at home to Burnley has potential to be a bumper differential or a massive massive flop - looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I wouldn't be surprised if he was rested for the Burnley game. City play on the Saturday and the Monday and I'd expect Pep to rest some of his more important players for one of those two games. I think we'll see quite a few players rested or used for at most 60 minutes in the Monday/Tuesday games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ FHFC: Banking not a bad option for you IMO.

@ everyone else: Why this sudden new love and rush to get back in for 'Pool away - I know he scores better away but I also know captain popular always fail but did not this GW :p - for Aguero despite City still not exhilarating and all the talks of going Aguero-less for a while (e.g. up to Gabriel Jesus' arrival) before his suspension?

-

Oh and 'bout my own team. Who would you guys get for Pedro?
    Strikeforce is Sanchez Siggy Eriksen (De Roon) Ibra Kane Origi.
    Wanted Walcott but looks like he's out. 'Pool mid? Home to City so maybe there are better options? Hazard? But if Aguero back in form, no flexibility to get back in easily...

iroced wrote: »

@ everyone else: Why this sudden new love and rush to get back in for 'Pool away - I know he scores better away but I also know captain popular always fail but did not this GW :p - for Aguero despite City still not exhilarating and all the talks of going Aguero-less for a while (e.g. up to Gabriel Jesus' arrival) before his suspension?

-

Wanted Walcott but looks like he's out. 'Pool mid? Home to City so maybe there are better options? Hazard? But if Aguero back in form, no flexibility to get back in easily...

JRod seems fairly secure up front now. WBA at home this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Going to try and bank. I think ive stumbled across a good set of fixtures like a few others. A couple players with something to prove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not sure what to do with Payet?

Had planned to bank but Alli/Eriksen are hard to ignore at this stage

Not quite sure how to read the price changes but looks like people are going about 50-50 on Hennessey and Grant to replace Pickford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Not quite sure how to read the price changes but looks like people are going about 50-50 on Hennessey and Grant to replace Pickford.

Ive gone with Randolph instead. West Ham seem to be slowly improving and not conceding that many goals.

Did Kane to Costa

But no more, not taking any hits this week for the first week in about 10 GW's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Typical,took a hit and now the news is that Pickford is out for 8 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Going to bank despite having no Chelsea attack for Stoke (thanks to Pedro's yellow!)

Really need Theo to be fit.

Just took a -4 to get Cech in for Pickford.

Annoying as wasnt planning on taking a hit.

Arsenal 3 fixtures coming up all possible for CS

Ive gone with Randolph instead. West Ham seem to be slowly improving and not conceding that many goals.

I thought they've looked awful recently and especially at home.

Can see them conceding in 4 of their next 5 games.

I thought they've looked awful recently and especially at home.

Can see them conceding in 4 of their next 5 games.

Randolph has looked good though. He's kept them in their recent games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »

-

I'd keep Pedro as you will probably want him the following gw.

Heaton, no Pickford.
    Aguero, Kane, Origi.

Have you given any thought to 3 5 2 with barnes 4.4 as your bench player. Thats the route I think ill be going down and pairing him with 2 of ibra, aguero, costa, kane up top. Had a very quick look at it but you could have alli, firmino, pedro, sanchez, j rod, aguero, ibra, barnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

too early for aguero imo, he usually takes time to get going again after he's been out.
    Not sure he'll play every game when Jesus comes either, Pep doesn't seem to be his biggest fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any word on Couthino? Probably be better to wait till after the City game to bring him back

AnneFrank wrote: »
    too early for aguero imo, he usually takes time to get going again after he's been out.
    Not sure he'll play every game when Jesus comes either, Pep doesn't seem to be his biggest fan

There is no 2 ways about it
    Pep and aguero are just not clicking
    This more than anything is what's holding me back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not sure what to do with Payet?

Had planned to bank but Alli/Eriksen are hard to ignore at this stage

Having slept on it I'm deffo getting rid of Payet....Eriksen probably coming in, another tough call between himself and Alli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Tekkers out - Big Rom in

AnneFrank wrote: »

I've noticed this as well, but that's only when coming back from injury. Nothing to do with suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Had planned on transferring Hazard and Kane to either Walcott/Pedro and Costa for a -4.

Walcott injury doubt and Pedro suspension has put paid to that idea. I'm .2 short to get in Alli, and struggling to see any other midfielder in the 7 to 8m bracket that i'd like to transfer in.

Maybe just bank it for this week, only other concern is Oirigi, any of ye reckon he could be rested against City?

Had planned on transfer Hazard and Kane to either Walcott/Pedro and Costa for a -4.

Walcott injury doubt and Pedro suspension has put paid to that idea. I'm .2 short to get in Alli, and struggling to see any other midfielder in the 7 to 8m bracket that is like to transfer in.

Maybe just bank it for this week, only other concern is Oirigi, any of ye reckon he could be rested against City?

I think Origi will start against City.

Himself and Lallana were off after 70 minutes against Stoke.

I think Sturridge might get 15 minutes against City and then start against Sunderland.

I think Origi will start against City.

Himself and Lallana were off after 70 minutes against Stoke.

I think Sturridge might get 15 minutes against City and then start against Sunderland.

That would be my thinking also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement