Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 19 Transfer thread - Bring back Aguero?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Plan A leaves midfield too weak for my liking. I'd leave it a week or 2, see how Aguero is playing and if still want to get him back, most likely have to sacrifice one from Costa or Ibra

And there lies my quandary! I'm almost trying to talk myself out of it at this stage.... and of course there's the "if Costa/Ibra gets injured, I will transfer them out for Sergio" backup "plan" :o

This game does my head in at times! I'm 4 points off the lead in my pay league, and don't want to fcuk things up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    I prefer Bertrand to VVD. Cheaper and has been very attacking the last few games. On pens while Tadic isn't playing too I think.

it hasnt been mentioned much on here but Bertrand seems likely to be on penalties when Tadic is not on the pitch, which is often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Lads team is in tatters, could use some help big time, have a grudge match this week in my league :

Heaton Foster

Friend Walker Alonso Daniels Browning

KDB Lallana Siggy Capoue Stanislas

Origi Kane Lukaku

Have 1 FT and 1.5 in the bank. Willing to take a hit or two if necessary to get the team in shape again. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I went with Walcott out, Sterling in yesterday evening. I have Pickford, Pedro and Carroll with no Aguero plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Best 4.8mid out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Best 4.8mid out there?

I'd say maybe Morrison for WBA at £4.6m, though he started on the bench last match i don't know why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Walcott to Alli

1 FT with 0.7m ITB left

405046.PNG

Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    it hasnt been mentioned much on here but Bertrand seems likely to be on penalties when Tadic is not on the pitch, which is often.

Yeah I've been looking at him for a while. Tadic should start this week due to Redmond suspension and then Everton away is tough but I'll likely bring him in for GW21 - bur, LEI, swa, WHU, sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd say maybe Morrison for WBA at £4.6m, though he started on the bench last match i don't know why

As thinking of going KDeB and origi to kun and a 4.8 (playing for now) for no hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Lads would ya get rid of Kane or Lukaku?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

domrush wrote: »
    Lads would ya get rid of Kane or Lukaku?

Kane, though it depends on the price you got him for

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Kane -> Costa
    Walcott -> Alli

Sergio can wait and I'm sad to see Theo go but I need to remain sensible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

Kane > Costa done ... was going to leave it until next week but no point prolonging the inevitable and getting minced by the price swings. Probably give Costa the (c) now instead of Ibra

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Help!!!

still completly undecided on what to do!

Current team:

Pickford | Shay Given

Alonso | Phil Jones | Holebas | J.Evans | Amat

Sanchez | Hazard | Siggy | Lallana | De Roon

Ibra | Lukaku | Origi

0.6 itb. Can just get a playing GK (Manonne, Grant, Hennessy) or take a -8 to get Costa/Antonio instead of Hazard/Origi

Any suggestions/opinions are more than appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't decide if Kane to Costa is worth a hit. Watford are rubbish at the back lately and while Kane mightn't be playing well, he still could have had double figures against Southampton. I may even keep him for the Chelsea game considering his record in London derbies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Grant in for Pickford.
    I'll roll the other FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kane to Costa

Walcott to Alli

Now, Ibra or Costa as captain...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 aomh

Is it worth doing kane to costa, have 2 ft and could afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is Amat expected to miss out again?

iroced wrote: »
    Is Amat expected to miss out again?

Impossible to know with a change of manager.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Impossible to know with a change of manager.
    Didn't even notice they changed manager :rolleyes:...

With Christmas, I've been following FPL from a distance so feel like I've no clue what's going on :pac:...

Got Costa in for Kane as a last min move. Wanted to ditch Pedro too since he's supposed to go down tonight and with Chelsea fixtures getting tougher I'm not sure he's a better option than a 'Pool or City mid for example. Did not want to rush things down so he stays for now. De Roon to put on his superhero jersey hopefully.

'Bout Pedro price, maybe just maybe he'll be unflagged once the GW is on its way and then protected for 8 days before the price changes occur tonight. I think this situation already happened... Fingers crossed, I've already lost a lot of cash from him.

Didn't even notice they changed manager :rolleyes:...

With Christmas, I've been following FPL from a distance so feel like I've no clue what's going on :pac:...

Got Costa in for Kane as a last min move. Wanted to ditch Pedro too since he's supposed to go down tonight and with Chelsea fixtures getting tougher I'm not sure he's a better option than a 'Pool or City mid for example. Did not want to rush things down so he stays for now. De Roon to put on his superhero jersey hopefully.

'Bout Pedro price, maybe just maybe he'll be unflagged once the GW is on its way and then protected for 8 days before the price changes occur tonight. I think this situation already happened... Fingers crossed, I've already lost a lot of cash from him.

Flag won't reset till after Chelsea game. If it was postponed for any reason he'd remain suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Made big move....out with holebas and defoe....in with van dijk and llorente, 2free transfers, and .2mill in bank to upgrade nxt week!!

Any thoughts

FHFC wrote: »
    Flag won't reset till after Chelsea game. If it was postponed for any reason he'd remain suspended.
    Ah sh*****te! Another £0.1m lost then. No points making a transfer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ah sh*****te! Another £0.1m lost then. No points making a transfer now.

Still think he is good value as a player at that price, no need to get rid for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Still think he is good value as a player at that price, no need to get rid for now

Agreed. Sometimes I think people react too much to price changes (me included). Pedro lost 0.2 before a guaranteed start at home to Bournemouth in which he scored 13 points, yet Siggy hasn't lost a cent despite doing the square root of F All in 3 weeks.

Pedro will be in a lot of WC teams who want Sanchez and 3 heavy hitters up front.

Advertisement