Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicornuate Uterus - Which Hospital?

Options
  • 26-12-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

At the moment the missus is going to Drogheda but she was thinking that as she has the condition above, perhaps it'd be better to switch to a hospital in Dublin.
    We're just looking for some opinion/feedback on this. Would a hospital like Drogheda be able to deal with a pregnancy involving this in the same way that a hospital in Dublin would be able to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What have OLOL said?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

January wrote: »
    What have OLOL said?

She's been meaning to speak to them to allay any concerns she may have. I think she's been waiting until after Christmas so a good time I guess to remind her to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Definitely speak the consultant about it, as far as I am aware, OLOL has a fully serviced NICU if pre-term labour is the concern here. An elective cesarean may also be indicated if baby is breech or transverse. She should probably also be getting extra ultrasounds to keep an eye on growth progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

If the consultant in OLOL is aware of the condition, then they are the best people to advise you and your wife on her treatment. If it is a case that it is something that they cannot treat in Drogheda, they will refer her to a hospital who have the appropriate facilities.

Advertisement