Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Jack Fecked

Options
  • 26-12-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭

My audio jack is fecked, headphones won't work in it and i'v tried a few pairs and nothing, i tried cleaning it in case dust in the jack was the problem but no luck, One set of headphones i have worked when they were halfway in the jack or tilted at very specific angles but now those headphones are broken. Anyone any idea's of anything to try before i bring it to a repair place? Is it actually possible to replace the audio jack if need be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can you not just use another jack, and assign it as your audio jack? What's the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

the_syco wrote: »
    Can you not just use another jack, and assign it as your audio jack? What's the motherboard?

Sorry i'm god awful with computers what do you mean? Like there's only one place on the laptop to plug headphones or into?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

You might consider a pair of USB headphones rather than a repair.

You might consider a pair of USB headphones rather than a repair.
    Was looking into that, i see you can buy usb adapter things that have an audio jack and microphone type thing attached, do you need special headphones or will regular ones work in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Was looking into that, i see you can buy usb adapter things that have an audio jack and microphone type thing attached, do you need special headphones or will regular ones work in them?

USB Headphones can be got in the better phone accessory shops like

carphone warehouse.

Ask the nice man behind the counter for USB headphones.

If you get a puzzled look go elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Theyre the exact same as the existing ports on the PC. Any headphones will work.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Theyre the exact same as the existing ports on the PC. Any headphones will work.

Cheers going with that option so pc repair guy quoted me 75 quid to replace the audio jack itself was trying to find a cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

https://www.amazon.com/external-Adapter-Windows-Microphone-SD-CM-UAUD/dp/B001MSS6CS

works with any headphones , green port = headphone jack.
    i was in easons 3 years ago.they used to sell usb audio out cards for 5 euros .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

the_syco wrote: »

Yep, there is usually a way to assign the mic input as a output for audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Have you totally ruled out the possibility that it could be a driver issue and not hardware related? Did it give up after a windows update or just out of the blue?

• Advertisement
Advertisement