Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get wedding ring re-moulded?

Options
  • 26-12-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in the city that people would recommend to get this done?

I've never really liked my wedding ring and wouldn't want to just replace it - was hoping someone would be able to melt it down and re-mould it for me. Is this possible?
    I have my wife's blessing to go ahead so that's not an issue!

Any advice welcome, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Don O'Mahony on Oliver Plunkett Street is excellent and very trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

parkerpen wrote: »
    Don O'Mahony on Oliver Plunkett Street is excellent and very trustworthy.

I'll check him out, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

No bother. Very happy to recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

A good few years back I enquired about getting a broken chain melted down into something else. A few places were willing to do it but a few shops told me that when the gold is melted some of it evaporates off during the process and you loose about 10/15%, sometimes even more.
    I didn't bother in the end and just have it thrown in a drawer now.
    The best/friendliest service I found was a place by the cinema in ballincollig called Aksoy jewellers. Its run by a Turkish fella who's an actual jeweller and not just someone who sells jewellery.
    Most of the stock in the shop is made by him so you can see his work before you commit.
    Most of the other shops I asked in were gonna send it away to be done which I didn't want.
    In went back to him when I was getting married as I wanted to use my mothers ring that was too small for me. He didn't melt it but narrowed it and stretched it and did a great job.
    I'd happily recommend him.
    He has a shop on Patrick's st. too by burger king.
    http://www.aksoyjewellers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Thanks a mill for the recommendation - he sounds great. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have seen rings Dons has done and they were both loverly alos, Turquoise Jewellers in Ballincollig he is great.. we got our own wedding rings made with him there, moulding some jewellery we already had and he done a wonderfull job worth even asking him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Designworks Studio on Cornmarket St. are brilliant. Tuula Harrington in there is an excellent Goldsmith/metalworker (got our rings made by her). Would highly recommend her.

Advertisement