Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax Slim Vac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Is the battery life all the same on those hand held Hoover? 5hours charge for 24 minutes seems alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Equivalent from the likes of Dyson v6 and Black & Decker with ORA tech. - charge time is about the same 4hrs for up to 20 mins usage.
    The VAX wouldn't be far off that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

I have one reserved!

Is this one any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Less than half price at 129€ (can't seem to post actual link) :

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5444410/Trail/searchtext>Vax+slim.htm

My own experience with Vax isn't very good,different type of hoover,but really crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Reserved. Worth picking up? Been looking for a dyson v6 for a while now but keep baulking at the price tag

• Advertisement

My own experience with Vax isn't very good,different type of hoover,but really crap

This particular hoover or VAX in general? We've a VAX steam cleaner which is decent..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheGreenMile

Just done the whole house. Takes bit of getting used to the sound. Gives the impression of a lack of suction but the job was completed as good as my previous corded Dyson. 10/10 for convince and ease of movement. Can be used as a hand vac which is ideal for cobwebs and the stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheGreenMile

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Direct works out to be 165€ plus delivery

• Advertisement

Just done the whole house. Takes bit of getting used to the sound. Gives the impression of a lack of suction but the job was completed as good as my previous corded Dyson. 10/10 for convince and ease of movement. Can be used as a hand vac which is ideal for cobwebs and the stairs.
    Good to know. Picking it up right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

lawred2 wrote: »
    This particular hoover or VAX in general? We've a VAX steam cleaner which is decent..

Normal Vax,vost less than e100 in a sale,filter kept blocking,overhesting got a miele,,,what a difference

Anyone use this? is it anygood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone use this? is it anygood?

I've just reserved one... Be interested to hear others opinions

It's decent. Definitely happy with it. Perfect for those jobs where taking out the main hoover just isn't going to happen.

It's decent. Definitely happy with it. Perfect for those jobs where taking out the main hoover just isn't going to happen.

Charge lasts due 20 minutes?

Thanks, I have robo hoover which does a spin each night, then main hoover...

Really I was looking at this for cleaning up around table after the kids make a mess.....just bits like that, would it work?

How does it charge? Does it have wall mount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Had a regular corded bagless orange and grey type 1,600w Vax. Lasted 10 goes then overheated, lost all power and blocked up.
    Even after washing the triple filters it was useless, went to the skip and thus probably is on the way back in parts to where it came, Chinatown.

One of those bog standard Henry 2686305_R_Z001A_UC1682232?wid=50&hei=50 numatic industrial type hoovers would probably outlast 95% of the fancy new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rambunctious1

Currys have reduced this too €129.99 also but it's the TBTTV1P3 model, as opposed to TBTTV1P2.
    Same vacuum but with an additional "Up Top" tool and accessories bag.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/vax-slim-vac-pets-and-family-tbttv1p3-cordless-vacuum-cleaner-titanium-and-green/339819/396.0.7

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

I bought the one from Argos and it too has the accessories bag and the up top tool!
    Currys have reduced this too €129.99 also but it's the TBTTV1P3 model, as opposed to TBTTV1P2.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/vax-slim-vac-pets-and-family-tbttv1p3-cordless-vacuum-cleaner-titanium-and-green/339819/396.0.7

• Advertisement

Thanks, I have robo hoover which does a spin each night, then main hoover...

Really I was looking at this for cleaning up around table after the kids make a mess.....just bits like that, would it work?

How does it charge? Does it have wall mount?

That's all we are planning on using it for. Did a quick whizz around the living room last night and was surprised with the amount that it picked up.

It has a wall mount but charging isn't tied to the mount... Obviously if you put the mount on the wall near a power supply you can charge when mounted. But you can charge wherever you like.

That's all we are planning on using it for. Did a quick whizz around the living room last night and was surprised with the amount that it picked up.

It has a wall mount but charging isn't tied to the mount... Obviously if you put the mount on the wall near a power supply you can charge when mounted. But you can charge wherever you like.

Any more reviews? Still undecided on whether to go for it or not.. Have a dyson for main heavier hoovering..

I picked this up yesterday, so haven't given it a proper test drive, but I'm impressed.
    I'm sure the build quality isn't the same as a Dyson V6 but with a two year warranty I think it's worth the punt.
    Suction is better than my old bagged Electrolux and at least now, there's a chance I might tackle the stairs once in a while.
    The amount of stuff it picked up from the carpet was astonishing and the powered brush head has given new life to the old landing carpet.
    If I didn't live in a tiny apartment or if I had pets or very thick carpets, I would have considered going with a corded, cylinder vacuum, but this is perfect for me.
    Handy for the car too and way better than those woeful petrol station hoovers, I always want to beat the absolute sh*te out of.
    Is a Dyson better? Yeah, of course it is.
    Is a Dyson €170+ better? It's difficult to tell so far, but I'd say no. The Dyson rep in Curry's failed to convince me otherwise.

I picked this up yesterday, so haven't given it a proper test drive, but I'm impressed.
    I'm sure the build quality isn't the same as a Dyson V6 but with a two year warranty I think it's worth the punt.
    Suction is better than my old bagged Electrolux and at least now, there's a chance I might tackle the stairs once in a while.
    The amount of stuff it picked up from the carpet was astonishing and the powered brush head has given new life to the old landing carpet.
    If I didn't live in a tiny apartment or if I had pets or very thick carpets, I would have considered going with a corded, cylinder vacuum, but this is perfect for me.
    Handy for the car too and way better than those woeful petrol station hoovers, I always want to beat the absolute sh*te out of.
    Is a Dyson better? Yeah, of course it is.
    Is a Dyson €170+ better? It's difficult to tell so far, but I'd say no. The Dyson rep in Curry's failed to convince me otherwise.

Did you buy in curry's? Were you able to demo the Vax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rambunctious1 View Post

http://www.currys.ie/Product/vax-sli...339819/396.0.7
    bluedoor27 wrote: »
    I bought the one from Argos and it too has the accessories bag and the up top tool!

So what is the difference between the two?

Did you buy in curry's? Were you able to demo the Vax?

Yup, bought in Curry's but bluedoor27 said above, the one from Argos was the same.
    The Vax on display had no battery so I didn't try it out but I'm sure they let you have a go if you asked. They might keep giving you batteries till you've done the whole shop floor :)

Yup, bought in Curry's but bluedoor27 said above, the one from Argos was the same.
    The Vax on display had no battery so I didn't try it out but I'm sure they let you have a go if you asked. They might keep giving you batteries till you've done the whole shop floor :)

Popped into curry's they out of stock so picking up in argos..

Guys one thing to note with the 2 year warranty. I bought vax hoover, part went in it after a year. Seemingly I had 6 year warranty. I registered and everythign online

I went to vax for fix and they said just bring back to shop and they will replace but I need my receipt. They are able to tell me when I registered etc but will do nothing and just send me back to shop. No idea where receipt was. Had changed credit card. Tried in shop with no luck

So even if you register online and everything you still need receipt...just to note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've a corded Dyson animal and picked this up. It can be a pain in the ass getting it out for a quick hoover so have been on the lookout for a cordless a while. I used the Dyson V6 over Christmas and to be honest I haven't noticed much of a difference between it and the Vax. We don't have carpets anymore so we're not loosing the advantage of the corded Dyson when it comes to this.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've a corded Dyson animal and picked this up. It can be a pain in the ass getting it out for a quick hoover so have been on the lookout for a cordless a while. I used the Dyson V6 over Christmas and to be honest I haven't noticed much of a difference between it and the Vax. We don't have carpets anymore so we're not loosing the advantage of the corded Dyson when it comes to this.

Ours is on charge... Will try out later... We only have carpet on stairs in house downstairs is tiled and upstairs is laminate

Ours is on charge... Will try out later... We only have carpet on stairs in house downstairs is tiled and upstairs is laminate

Spun around the parents bungalow.. Well impressed... Good suction and light weight... Easy to maneuver... Recommended at price.. Looked at dyson d6 and couldn't justify price... Independent place said they did Vax before bit had to many returns so stopped... I guess I'll be keeping my receipt safe.. At the price very happy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I picked one up in Omni yesterday. Have 2 dogs and was very impressed with the dog hair it collected on both wooden floors and carpet.

Will be handy for cleaning the car and van too. Lightweight and easy to use. Couldn't justify the price of a dyson so many thanks OP its a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

Gone back up in price to €376.99 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5444410/Trail/searchtext%3ESLIM+VAX.htm
    Still €14 less than there usual price :rolleyes:

Berberis wrote: »
    Gone back up in price to €376.99 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5444410/Trail/searchtext%3ESLIM+VAX.htm
    Still €14 less than there usual price :rolleyes:
    Amazon had similar version at 94 pounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

24 mins runtime seems very exact. I had a vax once. Lost suction after a few months. Got a Hoover after it and didn't look back.

There is a Hoover cordless on group on at the minute that I'm tempted by but probably won't bother.

Question re charging... Is it OK to leave plugged in all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

Anyone got a slimvac and a dyson v6 that they could compare the suction power etc and say if the dyson is worth the extra cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Just wondering how everyone is getting on with their VAX slim? I read a few reviews were it loses suction after a few weeks and was just wondering...

• Advertisement

24 mins runtime seems very exact. I had a vax once. Lost suction after a few months. Got a Hoover after it and didn't look back.

There is a Hoover cordless on group on at the minute that I'm tempted by but probably won't bother.

Mine is %^&^$ already. Taking it back tomorrow!

How is it f#$&#@?? How long do you have it?

I have it a week. Loss of suction.

I have mine about two weeks and still working well and I use it everyday. But I will definitely be keeping my receipt handy!!!

No issue with return. Did a demo showing loss of suction.

Dyson bought instead.

893bet wrote: »
    No issue with return. Did a demo showing loss of suction.

Dyson bought instead.

Ours is working well... Hoovered nearly all of house yesterday... Important to empty container to maintain suction... Happy enough for the price.. Very handy for around under table etc after dinner...

Advertisement