Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how would you be described by someone who doesn't like you?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Rude, arrogant, moody, aloof.

Similar to what's been mentioned before, I don't tolerate people I don't like or get on with. I'm not antagonistic but I hate forced conversation when it's clear I have nothing to say to that person so I just avoid those people as much as possible. I can be a bit snappy with them and will generally sulk if they are trying to get in on a conversation I'm having with other people.

I can figure out quick enough if I want to get to know someone better and if I don't want to, I behave somehwat similarly.

Yeah, same here. I can tolerate people in a work setting most of the time and will be a helpful colleague but I don't want to be their friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Sanity wasnt one of his stronger points.

Dirtier than a wicker toilet seat

If i had a euro for every time someone told me i exaggerated, I’d have a million euro.

My brothers and I laugh about how competitive we were when we were younger.
    But I laugh more.

A pesson said I was vengeful once, I will make him regret saying that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

worded wrote: »
    Dirtier than a wicker toilet seat

?!?! :eek: I'll just sit and think on that one, for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Stigura wrote: »
    ?!?! :eek: I'll just sit and think on that one, for a while!
    Ofcourse you'll bring your own roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

i'm a c**t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

People either like me or they don't, I'm not everyone's cup of tea.

If they don't like me I simply don't interact with them, as to why they don't like me I never dwell on it.

Saying that I'm pretty easy going.

I don't know, because I don't talk to people who don't like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I remember being in a "group therapy" session several months ago, where the facilitator lost all control and the group (all girls) started flinging the most horrible insults at each other - all true and all awful. I was bracing myself for when they got to me - all they could come up with was "You're too NICE, nobody is actually as nice and as good as you are." And months later, the same girl who said it told me that she got it ... that I actually AM that nice, all of the time. We shared the same room for several months, I guess she'd know!

I could tell you of loads of bad things that I've done, but something I've learned is to separate a person's behaviour from their person, and to have a bit of compassion for myself. I'm actually a really good person, very caring and compassionate and generous and loving. Honestly I think the worst anyone who dislikes me would say, "She was an alcoholic and did some awful things while in addiction", and I can live with that (finally). So long as I don't go back there. I really don't think that anyone who knows the real me would have anything all that bad to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Arrogant, sneaky, weirdo, oddball, angry, hostile, strange, puzzling, contrary, emotional, loose-cannon, evil genius, unpredictable, anti-social, blunt, cynical, uncooperative, difficult, controlling, insensitive, aggressive..........

I've been called all of these things, and probably a lot more too.

But deep down I'm a good guy really.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Probably snobby, awkward and odd.
    When in reality I'm just quiet, shy and quite reserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

People who don't like me: Stubborn, 0-100mph, arrogant know-it-all.

People who actually know me: Honest and insightful

After hours: that p**ck that shows up now and then (little realising that after hours is quite a healthy way of dispensing built-up bull****, therefore allowing me to be the most charming fu*k you'll ever meet in real life)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Enlighten me.

Chevron, houndstooth, polka dot..?

"badass".

Most people who dislike me would say I have a big nose and am badly dressed. Not that I was a cnut. Almost every reply has said "I am a bit of a cnut, Oh, what a badass I am...". :rolleyes: Not everyone on here can be one, surely?

I'm not. I'm alright. I try hard not to do harm. I do have a big nose and am badly dressed tho. People have said as much. I'm ok with that. It is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Beyondgone wrote: »
    "badass".

Most people who dislike me would say I have a big nose and am badly dressed. Not that I was a cnut. Almost every reply has said "I am a bit of a cnut, Oh, what a badass I am...". :rolleyes: Not everyone on here can be one, surely?

I'm not. I'm alright. I try hard not to do harm. I do have a big nose and am badly dressed tho. People have said as much. I'm ok with that. It is what it is.

Oh, I see. Well nobody's going to admit to the ones that cut them to the quick.

The most offensive thing someone called me was ''lazy' which I am not. Oh and ''stupid c**t''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

a feminazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Imperious.

And they'd be right :D

Oh, I see. Well nobody's going to admit to the ones that cut them to the quick.

The most offensive thing someone called me was ''lazy' which I am not. Oh and ''stupid c**t''

Like the "you're not a Gemini/Scorpio" one, you've lost me. I do try to keep up. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Like the "you're not a Gemini/Scorpio" one, you've lost me. I do try to keep up. :confused:

I wouldn't dispute your Scorpinaciousness! :) I don't know what comment you mean. Apologies if I caused confusion anyway. I probably shouldn't be speaking to other human beings at the moment, I'm taking strong medication and I'm sure it's affecting me, cognitively.

I just wonder if people are posting things that have genuinely said about them. As you said, some of them are a bit ''badass''. I imagine a lot of people would bury the more personal, unflattering, or even mundane descriptions rather than go through the discomfort of thinking about whether they're accurate.

I've noticed on Facebook that a few of my friends describe themselves as Bitches. It's weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Very shy around new people and it often gets taken as ignorance/arrogance so I'd imagine theres plenty that think I'm an ignorant fcuk with no time for anybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Coldhearted, resentful & unforgiving.

All true towards people I don't like.

• Advertisement

No "Boring" or "a bit thick"'s then? Or "dresses like sh1t"? Or "Is a crap parent"? Or "so dim, they'd struggle to tie toast" or "Useless"? Everyone is just "a bitch" or "a cnut"? Sounds suss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

A bad invincible neighbour consulting mother f@cker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

A sarcastic snob

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Haughty, aloof, lacking the common touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ohh, dat one thinks she great, the sun shines out of her a**e.

Advertisement