Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Stephen's Day outing

Options
  • 27-12-2016 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Anyone head out today?. Here it's a tradition to have a good breakfast then head out and work it off. Didn't get out for as long as planned today but first place we tried we rose and shot a nice cock. Tried another spot and got a snipe and rose a hen and cock but no shot. Finished off with a few clays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Dupont wrote:
    Anyone head out today?. Here it's a tradition to have a good breakfast then head out and work it off. Didn't get out for as long as planned today but first place we tried we rose and shot a nice cock. Tried another spot and got a snipe and rose a hen and cock but no shot. Finished off with a few clays

Lovely I just tried a few jackdaws in the morning wasn't very successful but did manage a challenging shot at a pigeon! Afraid I haven't had much time to go out after pheasants! Or the cartridges! Saw and heard a few lads out very near by though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Did a few snipe spots with a friend, hit 2 snipe with one shot, does it still count as a left and right? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Doubt it unless you got another one with the other barrel! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Hi went out for 2 hours with my old lab max he is 16 years young we managed 2 cocks along with 3 snipe and a bonus woodcock he is feeling it today but great to get him out

Advertisement