Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British vs Irish education. Need help !~~

Options
  • 27-12-2016 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am an international student, currently trying to decide whether i should go to Britain or Ireland for my Computer science degree. Have you got any relevant experience in dealing with the British education ? Do you think that it is now on the same level with the Irish one ? I know Irish Govt is now investing big money into education, while Britain seems to be more concerned with their health system for the moment. 
    Any help is really appreciated !
    Btw, sorry for my bad English :c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

In broad terms, the Irish and English 3rd level systems are quite similar. Generally speaking, an honours degree from one institution should be comparable to another.

Questions you should be asking:

-prestige of the institution (Note: NOT world ranking, these are quite misleading in some respects)
    -cost of attending (fees plus living expenses)
    -resources at the institution

And so on.

Advertisement