Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makeup for very pale skin

Options
  • 27-12-2016 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering if anybody knows of a good neutral foundation for dry/dehydrated pale skin? Im currently using Double Wear in its lightest shade Bone but its still too dark for me and its too yellow toned. Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Lancome's Teint Miracle in the lightest shade 005 Beige Ivoire. If you want powder, try Illamasqua powder foundation in 115. It says for Neutral tones but like many pale women I have pink undertones and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hi I was wondering if anybody knows of a good neutral foundation for dry/dehydrated pale skin? Im currently using Double Wear in its lightest shade Bone but its still too dark for me and its too yellow toned. Thanks x
    I'm nearly sure there's a lighter shade than Bone in DW that's pink toned, shade number 1c0 I think but I can't remember it's name. I have a feeling it's new as I used to use Bone years ago and it was never quite right even though it was the palest. If you're looking to try something new I really like Nars and Mac Face and Body which both do pale shades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Nars sheer glow in Siberia is so pale it's practically white, it was too pale for my very pale face. And if that is too pale they have quite a good shade range so you might find a shade that suits better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Scraggs wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure there's a lighter shade than Bone in DW that's pink toned, shade number 1c0 I think but I can't remember it's name. I have a feeling it's new as I used to use Bone years ago and it was never quite right even though it was the palest. If you're looking to try something new I really like Nars and Mac Face and Body which both do pale shades.

Ecru is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

I've oily/combination skin so the actual foundations I like might not work for you but the shades might..

Clinique's lightest shade is a pale neutral/pink tone I've found good. I use the even better foundation in Alabaster.

Also want to try Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc. They do have a lighter shade but it's a yellow base whereas MB is pink based.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

The lightest shade is shell and its pink toned, it's not sold everywhere though. Debenhams and bt's sell it.

If you have dry skin double wear probably isn't the best though? Try nars in Mont blanc, rimmell in pale porcelain or get a few samples!

Nyx do a very good foundation lightener for us pale skinned beauties too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Urban Decay Ivory is great. You have to use hardly any and its so light. The best policy with light skin is to use virtually no makeup. None wherever possible, but it's not possible for work etc I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Kevyn aucoin skin sensual fluid in 2
    Bobbi Brown shade alibastor
    Mac NW10 in studio fix

For dry/dehydrated then either Bobbi brown or Kevyn aucoin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Scraggs wrote: »

Thanks, ive got face and body in N1, its still too dark but its consistency is light enough to look natural anyway. I didnt know there was a lighter shade than bone, just googled it and the 1c0 shade looks good.

The lightest shade is shell and its pink toned, it's not sold everywhere though. Debenhams and bt's sell it.

If you have dry skin double wear probably isn't the best though? Try nars in Mont blanc, rimmell in pale porcelain or get a few samples!

Nyx do a very good foundation lightener for us pale skinned beauties too.

Thanks, yeah I think ill have to order it online, its not sold here locally which is annoying, ill look out for the other options youve suggested. x

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for your replies, ill look into these. x

Advertisement