Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business investment!

Options
  • 27-12-2016 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,

Merry Christmas to you all!

No. 1
    I would like to invest in a `All you can eat open buffet` restaurant. Where should i find food and beverages suppliers that can provide me a range of products?

I know the key is to have more than one supplier so i don't get stuck with the delivery.

Any suggestion of a good ones that can offer though good quality at a reasonable price ?

No. 2
    What about a good equipment? Such as hot food display units, cookers/ovens, freezersand all that i need in order to operate?
    No. 3
    What type of licenses do i need for this kind of business?

Any other suggestions for a first business investment will be more than welcomed.

Thank you!

Andrei F.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

What experience in this area do you have and what research have you done so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

mrawkward wrote: »
    What experience in this area do you have and what research have you done so far?

Judging by their previous posts, zero and zero

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What about investing in recycling industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AndreiF

mrawkward wrote: »

Well, owner of a pizza and take away food outside of Ireland. and more then 8 years in food industry, also graduated in hospitality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

AndreiF wrote: »
    Well, owner of a pizza and take away food outside of Ireland. and more then 8 years in food industry, also graduated in hospitality

And you don't know what equipment you need ?

I'm calling BS, if you have both pizza and take away businesses you'd know all about hot holding, cooking, and refrigerating equipment.

Your tyre kicking and nothing more.

• Advertisement

Bandara wrote: »
    And you don't know what equipment you need ?

I'm calling BS, if you have both pizza and take away businesses you'd know all about hot holding, cooking, and refrigerating equipment.

Your tyre kicking and nothing more.

I was asking about the suppliers for both food and beverages, and also equipment....like from where can i get all of them....as a first investment in Ireland. The question wasn't `what kind of equipment do i need`, it was a continuation of the first question that refers to a good supplier.....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Plenty of quality used equipment around.
    What exactly are you looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I was asking about the suppliers for both food and beverages, and also equipment....like from where can i get all of them....as a first investment in Ireland. The question wasn't `what kind of equipment do i need`, it was a continuation of the first question that refers to a good supplier.....

You say You know the key is to have more than one supplier so i don't get stuck with the delivery.

If you think that is they key to the business, then you've a hell of a lot more research to do before you even go near equipment or licenses

duploelabs wrote: »
    You say You know the key is to have more than one supplier so i don't get stuck with the delivery.

If you think that is they key to the business, then you've a hell of a lot more research to do before you even go near equipment or licenses

Jesus... that`s not what i meant, of course to have more than one supplier is not the key of a business. But you wont get stuck with delays, delivery, variety of products and so on... Maybe one of the supplier have a best variety of vegetables but the same supplier have also the worst meat....so there you go....you will have more suppliers to chose from whatever you will consider would be the best.

Some of you guys instead to give some tips that could be more helpful than just criticize and read between the lines you don`t have anything better to do. I thought this is a platform where we can help each others, but it shows me wrong. I simply lost my fate in the so called "community help/suggestion". I might be on the wrong platform.

Anyways, thanks to all who gave me some tips and thanks also to those who are here to criticize but yet, don't know nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Some of you guys instead to give some tips that could be more helpful than just criticize and read between the lines you don`t have anything better to do. I thought this is a platform where we can help each others, but it shows me wrong. I simply lost my fate in the so called "community help/suggestion". I might be on the wrong platform.

Anyways, thanks to all who gave me some tips and thanks also to those who are here to criticize but yet, don't know nothing.[/quote]

Par for the course unfortunately.

Pallas supply a good range of food to restaurants. They are okay, do a good range but can expensive.

La Rousse carry a similar range but are more expensive and less reliable - more problems with delivery frequency, times and harder to get credits from them.

If you look up their catalogues online you will get a better idea of what they are about.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems Pallas website doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

sorry but pallas foods and especially larousse cater to the more high mid to upper end food operations..they are expensive and not what you would be looking for to run a "all you can eat buffet"..but saying that you can ring both of these companies and request their new 2017 brochures and make the decision for yourself.

www.pallasfoods.com is the website you need.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    www.pallasfoods.com is the website you need.

I have this error:
    Error details

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems Pallas website doesn't work.

Try again i just logged on and it worked for me.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    sorry but pallas foods and especially larousse cater to the more high mid to upper end food operations..they are expensive and not what you would be looking for to run a "all you can eat buffet"..but saying that you can ring both of these companies and request their new 2017 brochures and make the decision for yourself.
    Fair enough. Those are 2 i am familiar with. Maybe you could tell the OP about any you are familiar with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Anyways, thanks to all who gave me some tips and thanks also to those who are here to criticize but yet, don't know nothing.
    jcon1913 wrote: »
    Par for the course unfortunately.

Pallas supply a good range of food to restaurants. They are okay, do a good range but can expensive.

La Rousse carry a similar range but are more expensive and less reliable - more problems with delivery frequency, times and harder to get credits from them.

If you look up their catalogues online you will get a better idea of what they are about.

"Par for the course" indeed, because two of the items killing this community are stupid questions and equally stupid ‘advice’. Look at the posting records of those who commented before criticizing.

Anyone in business keeps their eyes open. That means anyone in (or watching) the food business would see/notice everywhere trucks and vans from both Pallas Foods and La Rousse, both of which have been around for decades – the former owned by Sysco and the latter by Aryzta. Worldwide the former has turnoverof about $50 billion and the latter about $4 billion. (Sorta hard to miss or not know about for someone who claims industry knowledge!)……

Both operate professional credit control systems which would mean that new start-up customers would be on cash with order. Both are at the top end, expensive and totally unsuited to the rubbish served in an 'all-you-can-eat' operation.

FWIW both Bandara and Duplo operate successful food operations (retail & production).

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Fair enough. Those are 2 i am familiar with. Maybe you could tell the OP about any you are familiar with?

I would not be familiar with any of the suppliers suitable for cheap food setups thanks.

edit: maybe try musgraves cash and carrys for cheaper bulk buys.

Advertisement