Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadstone student housing

Options
  • 27-12-2016 8:00am

My son is coming to Dublin from the US for grad school and he's going to live in the Broadstone student housing on Phibsbourough rd. Any feedback or advice etc would be appreciated. Hard to find pictures, reviews or info on this. Are they nice, safe or any other information would be a huge help! Any information that would be a help to a US student moving and living in Dublin (crime, transportation, expense etc) would be a major help!
    Thanks !

Comments

Location is very good and safe. It's a 15 min walk from the city centre. Dublin is quite expensive but can be liveable once you are frugal enough and don't go crazy

Thanks for the info! I'm prepared for the $$ we're from Wash D.C. area so I'm used to expensive city's (still hurts tho! Haha) . Just want to be sure it's a decent set up and he's safe. I've spent time in Dublin for work but realize it's different visiting vs living there....
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

It's a nice location

Walk into town one side, supermarket other side. Phoenix park a short walk (biggest enclosed park in Europe) lots of restaurants.

Luas (tram) and bus outside door. Public bike station.

What university and I'll add more.

Thanks, he's going to Trinity. Applied to DCU and DBS....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

One thing you need to consider is that I imagine it will be full of undergrads. If he is going to grad school, is he ok with living with 17/18 year olds having their first experience away from home drinking 4/5 times a week? He might be better off living renting an apartment and finding other grad students

Broadstone student housing is not that new. It is about 10/15 years old. Where as there is a ton of student housing being built at the moment

I would look at this companies housing since most are brand new. I would avoid their stuff in Dublin 8 as it a bit away from town and the area is a bit of dive. It is safe enough, but there is nothing really to do in it versus Phisboro which has amazing bars, cafes and nightclubs
    http://thestudenthousingcompany.ie/changes/

FYI DBS is not that good IMO. It is a private college, which is not highly regarded. Your son should also apply to UCD also. It is considered excellent along with Trinity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Location wise best for Trinity. Plus more of a postgraduate vibe.

I went to both dcu and ucd...but for post graduate and experience from overseas trinity great

Advertisement