Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B near hospital

Options
  • 27-12-2016 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

I have an appointment at University Hospital Galway next week. The appointment is for 8am (need to be there at 7.15) so will need accommodation the night before. Can anyone suggest something close to the hospital? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

I would try the Sliding Rock across from the hospital. 10 rooms. Desota, Ash Grove and Dun Aoibhinn also in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Ash Grove across the road and B&B there v good I am told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Deacy family have a B and B at side of hospital- well known local family, looks decent from the outside. deacysbb.com I've never stayed there but I walk past every day.

Heighway61 wrote: »
    I have an appointment at University Hospital Galway next week. The appointment is for 8am (need to be there at 7.15) so will need accommodation the night before. Can anyone suggest something close to the hospital? Thanks.

If your appointment is related to cancer care you may be eligible to stay in The Lodge Inis Aoibhin - see cancer care west website for info. It is on site accommodation for patients and families travelling to Galway for cancer treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Thanks for all the suggestions. Emails sent off and replies coming back.
    If your appointment is related to cancer care you may be eligible to stay in The Lodge Inis Aoibhin - see cancer care west website for info. It is on site accommodation for patients and families travelling to Galway for cancer treatment.
    It is. Haven't started treatment yet so thought I would wait till I do before contacting Inis Aoibhin but I'll send them off an email now.

• Advertisement

It is. Haven't started treatment yet so thought I would wait till I do before contacting Inis Aoibhin but I'll send them off an email now.
    Hope you make a speedy recovery - let us know if you need any other advice. I'd recommend the Gourmet Tart or Mr Waffle opposite hospital if you want a yummy snack. There's a Tesco express opposite main entrance too, always handy and open long hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks for all the suggestions. Emails sent off and replies coming back.

Good luck! Definitely contact this place asap, I know someone who stayed last year and found it very good.
    Wishing you every success with the treatment and I'm sure everyone here will be happy to help if you have other Qs during your time here.

Got a B&B booked. Could I rely on signposting to get to the hospital (B&B on same street) or would I need a sat nav?

Got a B&B booked. Could I rely on signposting to get to the hospital (B&B on same street) or would I need a sat nav?

You won't need the sat nav. Ask the B and B owner which way to turn out of your accommodation. Which B and B did you book- I could probably tell you now left or right.

You won't need the sat nav. Ask the B and B owner which way to turn out of your accommodation. Which B and B did you book- I could probably tell you now left or right.
    Sorry, I meant to get to the hospital/B&B. Will be comng down the N17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Probably a bit late for you as you have already booked, but I stayed in Dun Aoibhinn House when my Dad was taken into Galway Hospital for a few days. Less than 10 minutes walk to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You probably won't need sat nav. You'll be heading in the direction of Galway's major landmarks which are NUIG, the Cathedral and in fairness the hospital probably counts as one. Nuig and the Cathedral are on the road approaching the hospital so you can follow signposts for any of those too and you'll end up at your destination.
    I think some health insurers reimburse you for stays in accomodation for treatment. Make sure you look into that if you didn't get a place in the HSE accom .
    Good luck!

Advertisement