Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackhead remover

Options
  • 27-12-2016 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭

Is there any blackhead remover for males? Mostly around the nose area. Tried squeezing them out but it leaves red mark on the skin plus it may be harmful for the skin on long term.
    Once i tried a face mask but it didn't help at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I thought males and females got the same blackheads! Seriously, just go to the shop and pick up any cleanser targeted at blackheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I thought males and females got the same blackheads! Seriously, just go to the shop and pick up any cleanser targeted at blackheads.

A lot of black head cleansers can be very harsh and make your skin look worse to be fair! Your skin will produce more oil if you strip it too much which won't help with blackheads in the long run.

I use a toner with glycolic acid and witch hazel (pixi glow tonic) which removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores, it's improved my skin so much and I've no blackheads anymore but you have to use spf (suncream ) every day with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Well i thought males tend to have a tougher skin due to testosterone levels.
    Ok will try a cleanser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Exfoliation is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

what lexie said ^^^

They're probably not blackheads more likely sebaceous filaments. Basically we all have little holes in our noses that fill up with oil and dirt and look black/dark. You can squeeze them but that'll cause damage to the skin and they'll just fill back up again. I'd invest in a good chemical (not physical) exfoliator. Nip + Fab pads are actually very good and you should see a vast improvement.

I use a combination of exfoliating pads (every day) and an exfoliating treatment (glycolic/salicylic acid) twice a week building up to every second night. I use Alpha H liquid gold, my holy grail!!!

Edit to clarify: Chemical vs physical exfoliators. Chemical uses mild acids to gently dissolve the dead skin cells, physical uses microbeads to roughly slough away dead skin cells which can cause abrasions to the skin. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

This is very helpful. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 letyougo

Biore Pore Strips

boots.ie/en/Biore-Ultra-Deep-Cleansing-Pore-Strips-6-Nose-Strips_1250117/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jull

I heard that the egg white can help get rid of blackheads easily.
    Get the egg white and apply it gently on your nose and let it dry. Then wash it with water :) Simple. My friend has applied this tip twice a week ( he apply with whole face). Now his skin is even smoother than mine :v haha.

Lưu
    Lưu

Lưu

I got those pore strips from Boots and it helped alot.

Advertisement