Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trousers for cycling

Options
  • 27-12-2016 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

My cycling wear tends to be (in summer) a pair of baggy linen trousers and a linen or cotton T-shirt, (in winter) a pair of ditto woolly trousers and… well, you get the idea.
    However, entranced by their style I bought a merino base layer and top layer in Lidl last summer, and find them very nice to cycle in, under a nice thick rain jacket, of course.
    But what about trousers? I've been looking at pictures online, but they all appear to be designed for the person who likes to look as if she's borrowed her little sister's outfit - halfway up the hips and hafway up the calf of the legs. Are there good, comfy cycling trousers that go down to your ankle and up to your waist, for those of us who don't aspire to be a style goddess, except in our own individual way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

I wear a pair of running tights over bib shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Yes, I do wear trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I have a pair of Lidl winter cycling tights that are full length & very cosy in the cold. Otherwise I wear running tights over cycling shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Hm, I have a pair of old hillwalking tights, could repurpose them, maybe. Not the warmest in a whistling wind, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ordinary Penney's leggings, why not? Or the horridly-named but less absorbent "Jeggings"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Jogging leggings do the job for me. They keep you nice and warm and most are wicked so you don't get too badly soaked when it rains

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Take a look at Endura Urban wear.
    I have a pair of their long trousers and they're good. You can wear them anywhere, pub, beauty parlour etc.
    Stretchy type material, zipped pockets, straight leg, light yada yada.
    Look them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Legs were fine early this morning, but God, my toeses and fingerses nearly frozes.

Advertisement