Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone making calls by itself

• 27-12-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Woke up this morning to a txt message asking if id been trying to call that same person. Told them i'd been asleep the hold time and they insisted they had missed calls from me. Checked my call log for them and sure enough:

Full_Size_Render_4.jpg

Anyone ever seen anything like this before? :confused:
    Phone was on a bedside locker the whole time, bluetooth was on but only connected to apple watch which was also on the locker. Its an iphone 6 plus running latest ios

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Was the screen replaced or is it damaged? Loose or missing screws cause havoc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’m just stabbing in the dark but:

If your Apple ID is being used on another device, like an iPad, Mac or old iPhone, it’s possible the calls were made from there and not from your phone.

Have you any other Bluetooth devices that might be trying to pair with the phone? Like headphones or headsets?

Was Hey Siri enabled? Had you a radio or something playing that might have activated it?

Could also be a touch screen problem on either the phone or watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,153 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Was Hey Siri enabled? Had you a radio or something playing that might have activated it?

Talking in your sleep? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I’m just stabbing in the dark but:

If your Apple ID is being used on another device, like an iPad, Mac or old iPhone, it’s possible the calls were made from there and not from your phone.
    Ive had this phone since the 6 plus was released, only other device I own is the watch which was only a recent purchase. Don't own any other devices that I could sign into
    Have you any other Bluetooth devices that might be trying to pair with the phone? Like headphones or headsets?
    Have a bluetooth speaker which is registered to the phone, but wasn't connected at the time. A bluetooth device was the first thing I thought of but even if it was, I cant see how it would initiate a call.
    Yes Hey Siri is enabled, I didnt have anything on though or leave anything on overnight.
    Could also be a touch screen problem on either the phone or watch.
    Possibly yes, phone is in good condition though with all original parts, and the watch is a series 2 only purchased recently. I'm honestly stumped :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi, nothing's wrong with your phone.
    My Mam, and girlfriend have the same problems with their 6S and 7.

It's a mixture of Siri and voice control.

I turned off voice control on my GF's phone and it fixed the problem. I've to do the same with my mams today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

kceire wrote: »
    Hi, nothing's wrong with your phone.
    My Mam, and girlfriend have the same problems with their 6S and 7.

It's a mixture of Siri and voice control.

I turned off voice control on my GF's phone and it fixed the problem. I've to do the same with my mams today.
    Just turned off both there so will keep an eye if it happens again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭mountain

Simply Red wrote: »
    Just turned off both there so will keep an eye if it happens again

I've been having the same problem, wake up in morning with missed calls and made calls showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭mountain

Checked my phone, and calls that i had NOT made were appearing on it, noticed that they were calls that my son had made from his phone last night...

Checked his phone and some of my calls were on his phone, he was logged into my apple account, and using an old phone of mine, can only be this reason...

Advertisement