Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get rid of one of those Internet adds that drains you're credit

Options
  • 27-12-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I mistakenly touched an add for i fitness and within the space of five minutes 23 euros had been drained from my account. I have looked up online how to unsubscribe but it didn't work . Any information on how to delete it or unsubscribe would be greatly aprreciated . Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey Markdmd, this forum is suitable for people looking to develop / market their websites / products online. I think the guys over in the Consumer Issues forum might be able to figure out who you can contact or reach out to so you can organise a refund :)

I'll move the topic over there now so the next time you see this thread you will be redirected to the right forum :)

(Topics -> Business & Finance -> Consumer -> Consumer Issues).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Markdmd wrote: »
    I mistakenly touched an add for i fitness and within the space of five minutes 23 euros had been drained from my account. I have looked up online how to unsubscribe but it didn't work . Any information on how to delete it or unsubscribe would be greatly aprreciated . Thanks

how did they have access to your funds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Markdmd

how did they have access to your funds ?

They took the credit from my phone they sent me a text and then when I looked at my credit balance it was at zero

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You should be able to reply to any of the texts they have sent you with STOP. What number are they showing as coming for?

The "informed consent" process Comreg have allowed networks to provide numbers to these companies under is so shaky that most providers will refund if you complain. Not always and only on the basis that they don't want someone to go properly legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The wife got caught by a company called Zamano earlier this year. Total scam but they refunded the money taken after I called them up.

She's on 3mobile. It's shocking that the phone company can link your call credit to things you do on the internet without any verification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Phone your network provider and tell them to cut the subscription.

Phone your network provider and tell them to cut the subscription.

This didn't work for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This didn't work for me.

Tell them that you did not approve/verify the deduction. They should be able to pull it back. If they don't, state you wish to make a complaint, ask them to investigate and ask for a reference number. If they fail to rectify the issue, contact comreg and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

CramCycle wrote: »
    Tell them that you did not approve/verify the deduction. They should be able to pull it back. If they don't, state you wish to make a complaint, ask them to investigate and ask for a reference number. If they fail to rectify the issue, contact comreg and go from there.

Comreg explicitly allow this nonsense of "you clicked on the ad and thus gave informed consent". Although it took a three month, three way argument between me, them and the Data Protection Commissioner for them to admit it. The networks won't refund - the provider of the 'service' often will.

CramCycle wrote: »

Yeah. Tried that. basically told it wasn't their problem and they'd never heard of zamano despite being service partners to 3.

Comreg suggested I contact the company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Search zamano on this site..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Markdmd

Appreciate all the replys folks thanks for taking the time to respond ill try some of the suggestions ..Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This didn't work for me.
    That's very strange. I did it in the past. What did you ask them? To cancel the subscription? or to refund?
    The should be able to cancel the subscription in under a minute.
    I`m afraid your credit is gone. Its a scam all you can do is chalk it down to experience.

In my case I called zamano, think I got someone in the Phillipines. They posted a checque for the €12.50
    Far as I know, texting stop stopped more messages, but she had just topped up by €20 to get free internet and calls and had to top up another €20 again that day as the credit wasn't reapplied.

Advertisement