If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60" TV options?

Options
  • 27-12-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Richersounds!

Thanks to an impending finishing of a man cave, I am looking for new TV to replace my current LG 55" 3d.
    OLED is outside the budget, and I would like a bigger screen but due to having a wife...
    I'm restricted to a maximum of 60".

4k and HDR are wanted, passive 3D would be nice but I can live without.
    Local dimming and minimal back light bleed would be my main worries
    TBH if the Hisense lm7000 was available in 60" I think based on reviews it would tick the boxes.

Any suggestions on what might fit the bill will be appreciated.
    Thanks guys!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

banie01 wrote: »
    Hey Richersounds!

Thanks to an impending finishing of a man cave, I am looking for new TV to replace my current LG 55" 3d.
    OLED is outside the budget, and I would like a bigger screen but due to having a wife...
    I'm restricted to a maximum of 60".

4k and HDR are wanted, passive 3D would be nice but I can live without.
    Local dimming and minimal back light bleed would be my main worries
    TBH if the Hisense lm7000 was available in 60" I think based on reviews it would tick the boxes.

Any suggestions on what might fit the bill will be appreciated.
    Thanks guys!
    Hi Banie01.

If you dropped to a 58" you should look at the Panasonic 58DX750 priced at the same price s the 65" Hisense. Priced at £1099.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201900-viera-tx58dx750b.aspx

There is also the 58DX802 as part of our sale also priced up at £1099.00 (However this is an in store only collection and can not be shipped.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202064-viera-tx58dx802b.aspx

There really isn't too many 60" that spring to mind. with out going up in budget.

Let me know regarding the Panasonic's or if there are any others that have caught your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hi Kenny,Thanks for the detailed answer.
    From reviews the panny's mentioned seem to have backlight haloing issues, there's a lot of chatter on AVF on the issue.
    I'm limited to about 1350mm in width and I've had a look at a few panels without nailing anything down as yet.
    Strangely the best PQ I've come across in the low/mid range sets I've seen has probably been the LG 58uh635v.
    The VA panel gives a much better black level than the IPS on the LG 60" I saw beside it.

I'm trying to convince the better half that the step to 65" won't make a difference but if I can't get a compromise with her ;)
    It will have to be a 58 or 60 inch set, so if needs be I will stretch the budget to get there.
    That said,staying at 55" is also an option, so feel free to fire a recommendation on that too.

Hi Kenny,
    Dont worry about coming back with further suggestions.
    I've just pulled the trigger on a Samsung 60Ks7000 from ye.

Thanks for the help btw.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

banie01 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,
    Dont worry about coming back with further suggestions.
    I've just pulled the trigger on a Samsung 60Ks7000 from ye.

Thanks for the help btw.
    Hey Banie01.

Just a quick post to check you are up and running and the KS7000 is blowing you away :D

Hi Kenny,
    It's up and running and even on out of the box settings it is a fantastic set.
    I'll be calibrating it tmrw and I'm looking forward to the final result.
    I know ye are up the walls up there at the moment but any update/confirmation on the wall mount being shipped will be much appreciated.

Thanks a million for the help and the service is as always, much appreciated.

Regards
    Banie01

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Banie,

thanks for the update and great to hear that you are enjoying your TV - On the bracket, I've just checked and we have lost in stock but for some obscure reason its not shipped yet :o - I've just spoken to Kenny our manager and it will 100% ship to you tomorrow ( Friday) for delivery Monday..

Thanks again and keep me posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.