Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a printer - where I can get cheap ink?

Options
  • 27-12-2016 4:15pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to buy a printer for printing the odd document but also photos I can put in frames around the house etc. I know the ink can be crazy expensive, but I know I can get cheap refills in places like cartridge world etc - so I want to get one that I can get refills for or easily buy cheap replacements. Also have to take paper costs into consideration for colour prints. Can anyone recommend something that's good value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My 2c would be:

A. Buy a CISS setup. Ink is as close to free as you can get then.

B. If A is too much of an outlay, you dont need to print pictures at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Be careful about buying an inkjet printer if it's only going to be used once in a blue moon.

These printers tend to need regular usage. If they are left for long periods of time without printing the ink can dry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john0272

Do you have a budget in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭maik3n

I think your best bet might actually be to get yourself a cheap 2nd hand mono laser printer over on adverts.
    You can leave the photo printing to the kiosks or maybe just order prints online, photobox, aldiphotos etc. :confused:

Advertisement