If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UHD TV

Options
  • 27-12-2016 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I'm looking to buy a 4K to for the PS4 Pro, with a 10 bit panel and HDR. My budget is around €1000 so I'm wondering what you'd recommend in that price range. Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey lads,

I'm looking to buy a 4K to for the PS4 Pro, with a 10 bit panel and HDR. My budget is around €1000 so I'm wondering what you'd recommend in that price range. Thanks.
    Hi BelovedAunt.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Depending on the size of screen you are after you could look at the Samsung UE49KS7000 coming in at 995.00 euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201975-ue49ks7000.aspx

The KS7000 range are fantastic televisions!!

Let me know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thanks for that Kenny.

I was actually looking at the KS7000 as I read that they're the best value 4K tv's at the moment.

I'm also considering pushing the boat out and going for an LG B6 OLED tv. It's quite a bit more but for OLED I could find the extra money. I'm wondering if the OLED is that much of an increase in quality, to justify paying quite a bit more? Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for that Kenny.

I was actually looking at the KS7000 as I read that they're the best value 4K tv's at the moment.

I'm also considering pushing the boat out and going for an LG B6 OLED tv. It's quite a bit more but for OLED I could find the extra money. I'm wondering if the OLED is that much of an increase in quality, to justify paying quite a bit more? Thanks.
    Beloved,

TBH whilst the OLED are significantly more expensive - if its pur picture quality you are looking at the new LG OLEDS are just amazing and IMO you won't better them - if its a pure gaming panel you are looking for then the KS7000 / KS8000 are excellent but if you are concerned about black levels and dynamic range then the OLEDS are really in a class of their own.

The LG OLED 55B6 is £1799 / €2179 which is a significant premium over the KS7000 - Its worth every cent! ( even switched off they are beautiful to look at as well!)

We do have a limited number of the 55EG910 OLED curved non 4K panels left to order that I can do at £1299 / €1479
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201661-55eg910v.aspx

All those prices would include delivery & our 6 year warranty,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for that John.

I'm very intrigued by the OLED but it's for a small front room where everyone sits about 3 metres from the tv so I think 55 inches might be a bit big.

I'm going to go into a shop today and have a look at sizes to gauge it.

Just out of curiosity. If I was to buy a 49ks7000 and a 55B6 would you be able to offer any discount? I'm also considering a soundbar as well but have to research them today.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for that John.

I'm very intrigued by the OLED but it's for a small front room where everyone sits about 3 metres from the tv so I think 55 inches might be a bit big.

I'm going to go into a shop today and have a look at sizes to gauge it.

Just out of curiosity. If I was to buy a 49ks7000 and a 55B6 would you be able to offer any discount? I'm also considering a soundbar as well but have to research them today.

Thanks.
    If you were purchasing a 49KS7000 & LG OLED 55B6 the best I can do at the moment is £2635 - that would include delivery and our 6 year warranty.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

If you were purchasing a 49KS7000 & LG OLED 55B6 the best I can do at the moment is £2635 - that would include delivery and our 6 year warranty.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John, that's a very generous offer. I will look into soundbars and get back to you later today.

Hi John, after looking at the 55B6 in person I think it may be too big a screen for my small room. I'm wondering if you would offer any discount if I buy two 49KS7000's? Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John, after looking at the 55B6 in person I think it may be too big a screen for my small room. I'm wondering if you would offer any discount if I buy two 49KS7000's? Thanks.
    Hi BelovedAunt.

Apologies for the delay.

That's a pity it won't fit.

Unfortunately the 49KS7000 has already been reduced as part of our sale to £849.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201975-ue49ks7000.aspx
    However there is current online/instore voucher for this screen (SALE50) which give a further £50 off.

Delivery would be £6.99 per screen

Let me know what you think.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.