Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Resident Requires UK credit check for Mortgage application

• 27-12-2016 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi

I work in Northern Ireland but reside in the Republic of Ireland. I have applied for a mortgage with AIB but they require a credit report from experience.co.uk but they said they can't supply me with one as my bank account is registered to Republic of Ireland account and I don't have a UK address. How do I go about dealing with this as bank requires report for mortgage application but I can't get one

Any advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I had to do one too for AIB, and was able to do one as I used to live in NI so would have had a financial history there.

I know your situation is different as you only work there and we're never resident, but I would guess that your national insurance number for the North would be something that could be used for a search?

I am surprised AIB couldn't tell you more about how to do it, I'm sure plenty of others who work in NI have got mortgages in the past with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lbyrne121

Did you live in Northern Ireland at the time when applying for mortgage?

No they were no help they told me I had to get one but I have been on to experian UK and they said there is nothing they can do likewise with Ireland one as they don't deal with UK

Really frustrating as it is holding it up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

lbyrne121 wrote: »
    Did you live in Northern Ireland at the time when applying for mortgage?

No they were no help they told me I had to get one but I have been on to experian UK and they said there is nothing they can do likewise with Ireland one as they don't deal with UK

Really frustrating as it is holding it up..

No, I was living in Ireland and moving house, but had always worked in NI.

I think I used Experian.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scot1964

You need to speak to bank RE:confusion.
    Unless you had bank / credit / accounts in the UK then Experian or others are no use to you, as you don't exist in the UK system (NI has nothing to do with credit record it's an identifier unless you are paid in the UK in which case you'd need a UK account?)
    If you've banked in Republic of Ireland all you should need to prove is your ICB report which will presumably show all your years in question.
    If in doubt, run the scenario past another bank / broker.

I work in Northern Ireland and I am paid into a UK bank account but bank account is registered to my Republic of Ireland address as I don't reside in Northern Ireland I just work.

AIB are requesting me to get a UK credit report but as I have no address in UK experian won't issue one.

What can I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 scot1964

All you can do is ask said bank in NI to issue their version of your credit report with them / letter of credit reference regarding your record with them, as you rightly say Experian etc can't and won't issue outside of UK.

please delete thread or close thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

lbyrne121 wrote: »
    please delete thread or close thread
    Did you find a solution or give up?

They ended up accepting that I couldn't get one

Advertisement