Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic in food = chipped tooth

Options
  • 27-12-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was eating my dinner (spuds, QUORN mince & a sauce) while eating my dinner I bit down on an extremely hard piece of plastic which led my tooth to chip a little. Any advice is welcomed as I don't really know where i stand in terms of consumer rights 🀔

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there & welcome to boards.
    I've moved your query from the site feedback forum to the Consumer Issues forum as you are more likely to get a better response here.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There should be a contact number for Quorn on the box to initiate contact. You should get dental care for the tooth and keep any receipts for same.

Should Quorn's response be unsatisfactory it would move in to legal advice territory - which we can't give here; only to say that you should speak to a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Your consumer rights would be a refund or replacement of the product.

As for personal injury many solicitors offer a free consultation. I'd suggest keeping a few in mind. First of all, gather your evidence, then get along to your dentist, ask them what the costs are going to be in relation to the injury and a full report. Write to the companies concerned (retailer, manufacturer) and ask them if they will meet the cost of your dental treatment without having to take it further. If they will not, then you'll need to follow the process for personal injury. This is done through the PIAB, you don't need a solicitor but I would have spoken to one at this point.

Advertisement