Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No heat or grill in oven, fan is working

Options
  • 27-12-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

As above, our fan is working but nothing else in our oven, not even the light. Probably impossible to tell 100% but could it just be the element. The little light on the front of the oven flashes briefly when I'm turning the knob. Not sure if it makes a difference but it's a finlux, probably 10 years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

I've same problem with ours just after appearing, the grill doesn't even heat which leads me to believe it may be the switch/electronic board that just the element.

Anyone know any good oven repair guy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

hairyslug wrote: »
    As above, our fan is working but nothing else in our oven, not even the light. Probably impossible to tell 100% but could it just be the element. The little light on the front of the oven flashes briefly when I'm turning the knob. Not sure if it makes a difference but it's a finlux, probably 10 years old.

Did the grill and oven fail at once ? There will be separate elements for both, so if they have both failed but the fan still works, the problem is most likely on the board unfortunately.

Grill and oven elements are typically handy to replace though. If you have a multi-meter, the integrity of them can be checked easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

having a grill problem myself at the moment, currently sourcing replacement element. just on your issue I read in the manual last night (on our Zanussi oven\grill) that the oven and grill elements are controlled by a thermostat and (from memory) the troubleshooting guide said both elements not working but fan, indicator lights etc working could be thermostat.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

Turned out to be the actual switch connected to the circuit board

Advertisement