Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current unislim plan

• 27-12-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭

I am thinking of returning to unislim after a number of years. Does anyone know how their current plan compares to units and maximiser plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Hi

I am starting Unislim today, I have no info for you just wondering if you have joined yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Hello

I am actually a leader for unislim

The plan is much more simplified than units now.

3 meals and 2 snacks per day
    a wholemeal carbohydrate is allowed free with each meal
    All fruits veg and lean meats are considered to be free foods

You get a daily allowance for things like oils and a small allowance daily for treats that can be saved up for weekends if you wish

It is very easy to follow. Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I have rejoined now. Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kimmyjoe7

Hi I'm re-joining next week. Does anyone know the basic rules so that I can start today to kick start myself ???? I know that yums are now bites ....?? How many carbs etc

Hi Kimmy

it is 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. Free carb of up to 60g with each meal (so basically eg 2 slices of McCambridge or a wholemeal pitta) Regular and sweet potato are 200g per meal

Free foods then are your backbone, all lean meats, fruit , veg etc will be free. Try keep your plate to half veg quarter protein and quarter carb

If you go outside the free foods then you use your daily bites (used to be called yums) and those depend on your weight really.

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hi Kimmy

it is 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. Free carb of up to 60g with each meal (so basically eg 2 slices of McCambridge or a wholemeal pitta) Regular and sweet potato are 200g per meal

Free foods then are your backbone, all lean meats, fruit , veg etc will be free. Try keep your plate to half veg quarter protein and quarter carb

If you go outside the free foods then you use your daily bites (used to be called yums) and those depend on your weight really.

Good luck :)

Would this be similar to slimming world?

Yes in many ways it is but then there is no free foods like mugshots etc with Unislim as the idea is to eat as non processed as possible.

There is a free carb with each meal in unislim that needs to be eaten with the meal, i think that SW is different in that there is a HexB allowance that can be used at any time in the day and also there is a limit to the amount of pasta and potato you can have.

There is also half an avocado free a day with unislim which while may not be groundbreaking I think it is a great addition for healthy fats in the plan which can be ignored if there is a syn value or points value attributed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am thinking about giving this a go from home (no class near me) as Slimming World doesn't seem to work for me no matter what I do.

I would love to lose at least 1/2 a stone/if not 1 stone. I worry that I would be left hungry as much less snacking than SW (which may not be a bad thing) and maybe less snacking on crap in comparison to SW (which would need some adjustment lol)

Is their 2 healthy snacks a day - say one apple or multiple fruit? so if I am right, you can't just eat fruit when you feel like it?

There are 2 snacks per day and we would advise you keep your fruit eating to those times.

You are eating 5 times a day with the plan structure we have. Of course if you a genuinely hungry you should eat something even if it is outside the 3+2 meals. If that is the case I would advise some kind of protein snack as the fruit won't fill you up really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

There are 2 snacks per day and we would advise you keep your fruit eating to those times.

You are eating 5 times a day with the plan structure we have. Of course if you a genuinely hungry you should eat something even if it is outside the 3+2 meals. If that is the case I would advise some kind of protein snack as the fruit won't fill you up really.

Ah ok. I will give it some thought. At the moment, I am trying to reduce the amount of extra snacking that I am doing as I think I am eating for the sake of it.

Another thing is I see the at home pack is 50 euro but I was thinking I don't need the scales and what not. Can I just buy the two books (the exercise and food ones) and would that give me access to the app? or do I have to buy the at home pack?

• Advertisement

I ma not so sure about that one now as head office manages the at home stuff. You could call them and they will help you out with that.

Yes I totally get how you cna end up snacking out of habit of eating. I am used to it now so it doesnt bother me so much but I used to struggle with it at the start.

It is different to SW and similar. We have a list of free foods and a free carb with each main meal. It is a good plan though . If you ask to join "Unislim chatroom" on facebook , an admin will let you in and you can see how ppl are eating on it.

Advertisement