Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty tablet from Argos

Options
  • 27-12-2016 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Kids got a tablet from Argos for christmas.It keeps freezing and and basically has a mind of its own.I have no receipt and no conformation email.Are tehy alright for bringing stuff back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

dubstarr wrote: »
    Kids got a tablet from Argos for christmas.It keeps freezing and and basically has a mind of its own.I have no receipt and no conformation email.Are tehy alright for bringing stuff back.

You will need a receipt .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Did you purchase online or in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Buy another one, keep receipt, return old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did you pay for it with debit/credit card, your bank statement will have the payment on it. If it's a brand like Bush they are only sold by Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Buy another one, keep receipt, return old one?

This is technically very naughty...

...and semi frequently done by me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I would buy another one,but they are all out of stock.Hes on to customer service now,so we see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Sorry to hijack, I bought an iPad from Argos 3 weeks ago. Have noticed that the screen is loose / coming away from the iPad. Will Argos swap it / get it repaired?

They have resent the original receipt through email.So we can go back and get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Rackstar wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack, I bought an iPad from Argos 3 weeks ago. Have noticed that the screen is loose / coming away from the iPad. Will Argos swap it / get it repaired?

Call in to them with it. They are usually excellent at replacing.

Was the iPad reconditioned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That has no bearing on their rights, nor how Argos will deal with it.

That has no bearing on their rights, nor how Argos will deal with it.

Agreed, just wondering as apple quality control is usually pretty bang-on and I've just got a new iPad and am curious to see if I should be keeping an eye on it. Last one got 5 years until the screen cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

No not reconditioned. I spoke to customer service, they said to being it back to store for replacement as it's within 30 days.

Brought it back and Argos where great.So we are getting a new one in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hopefully not the case but some of the cheaper tabs have really crappy digitizers that will appear to "freak out" on a regular basis. If this ultra budget it may be behaving exactly as designed.

Its an Alba tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its an Alba tablet

So its a no name tab labelled by Argos(Alba, Bush = Argos).

Mediatek, 1GB, vpoor screens. It'll work but tbh I wouldnt enjoy using them. IMO in the same vein as you can buy a punto for €100 I wouldnt want to drive said, you can get a tablet for €100 but you really wouldnt want to. Decent units start just shy of €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

To be fair if it's very poor the OP can return it, I'm not sure you'd get the same with a €100 punto :pac:

Well it was only for teh kids no point buying a dear one to start off wiht,in case they didnt use it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ED E wrote: »
    So its a no name tab labelled by Argos(Alba, Bush = Argos).

Mediatek, 1GB, vpoor screens. It'll work but tbh I wouldnt enjoy using them. IMO in the same vein as you can buy a punto for €100 I wouldnt want to drive said, you can get a tablet for €100 but you really wouldnt want to. Decent units start just shy of €200.

I bought one of these for one of my kids lat year, Its been hopped off the ground,dropped I dont know how many times and it still works to even my own amazement and its used daily.. Came with two bumper cases

• Advertisement
Advertisement