Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with android tv box

Options
  • 27-12-2016 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi
    My dad got an MXQ Android box ..android 4.4 device. It's incredibly slow & cannot seem to access Showbox either & tried going online to a streaming site phimmoi cannot get on my to watch anything. The Internet connection is 4 bars on my phone. Any ideas?
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What speed internet connnection has your father? Have you checked a speed test site on your phone to see what the actual speed is?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Don't use the remote! Connect a mouse to it and is easier to navigate .

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Sad to say that the MXQ is a generic box. IMHO its got Too Low spec for modern apps. Kodi 17.0 will need at least Android 5.0 http://kodi.wiki/view/Supported_hardware.

It should run Kodi 16.1 ok though . Installed a paradox build on ne last month but I know the owner does have issues from time to time with apps crashing. at times it looses the clock and had to install a clock sync app.

Advertisement